The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Shanghai still going to do weekly city wide testing until end July. So dunno if bottom seen for Chinese equities. 

No interest unless its prc dividend stocks. 

Haha I'm scarred by baba and hst. 

sexpert said ... prc can trust ... pig also can climb tree .... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Shanghai still going to do weekly city wide testing until end July. So dunno if bottom seen for Chinese equities. 

No interest unless its prc dividend stocks. 

Haha I'm scarred by baba and hst. 

I still haven't lose money in Chinese equities yet despite the collapse of my HST ETF. 

Diversification is the only free lunch although my Chinese exposure, mostly in funds, is pretty big by now. 😅

• Praise 3

22 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

DOW falls below 30K liao ... go go go ale ale ale .... 😉 

2022-06-16_214837.png

I am still waiting for Sifu to pull trigger. 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I am still waiting for Sifu to pull trigger. 

Plenty of talks of recession in second half or 2023.  Probably can relax one corner until it actually hits then see how.... Meanwhile usd FD getting some yield. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

Fed is taking a lot of criticisms for the accelerated inflation in May.  The committee has no choice but to keep increasing the interest rate.  Its forecast has also dropped the targeted inflation rate of 2%, which means it is expecting inflation to stay high up and keep its interest rate high up for a long period.  Building into this is poorer company earning and retrenchments.  This is the only way to reduce the hot demand.

• Praise 3

Many many years ago, when the printing of money and lowering of interest rate becomes a de-facto bail-out tool, there were already saying of kicking the can down the road... perhaps now, the can has finally arrived and better don't kick to next gen any more. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, awhtc said:

Fed is taking a lot of criticisms for the accelerated inflation in May.  The committee has no choice but to keep increasing the interest rate.  Its forecast has also dropped the targeted inflation rate of 2%, which means it is expecting inflation to stay high up and keep its interest rate high up for a long period.  Building into this is poorer company earning and retrenchments.  This is the only way to reduce the hot demand.

question is ....inflation is supply or demand driven in the current situation?

😬

• Praise 2

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Alfc said:

Many many years ago, when the printing of money and lowering of interest rate becomes a de-facto bail-out tool, there were already saying of kicking the can down the road... perhaps now, the can has finally arrived and better don't kick to next gen any more. 

it's amdk usa evil strategy to print and print and print money to flood the market

export inflation to overseas with USD circulation ... 

in the entire world only amdk usa can start printer to print USD (global reserve currency) and will not become Venezuela or Zimbabwe

once Feds raise interest rate ... execute QT to reverse QE ... their USD turn into GOD mode .... up up and away ... 

all funds return to US the Ass ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

it's amdk usa evil trick to print and print and print money to flood the market

export inflation to overseas with USD circulation ... 

once Feds raise interest rate ... their USD turn into GOD mode .... up up and away ... 

all funds return to US the Ass ...

And all those countries or their companies who borrowed USD on the cheap will soon be selling their assets cheaply to the raiders to repay the debts too. It's like drugs, give you cheap till you are hooked then you will have to pay any price they ask. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

wah ... after 1 big round from Covid crash $1.90 to $3.05 .... 

now can load and no $3 no sell? huat ah!

2022-06-17_094620.png

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged
(edited)

Given the climate, besides USD, which currency will strengthen and which will weaken further?

CHF, euros and GBP have drastically weakened over the last 2 weeks or so.  Now slightly recovering only. 

What are the outlooks of AUD and NZD?  If commodity and demands for steel are low, they are likely to weaken.

Edited by Albeniz

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Given the climate, besides USD, which currency will strength and which will weaken further?

CHF, euros and GBP have drastically weakened over the last 2 weeks or so.  Now slightly recovering only. 

What are the outlooks of AUD and NZD?  If commodity and demands for steel are low, they are likely to weaken.

Anyone who can answer your questions correctly and trades FX will be a billionaire!

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Anyone who can answer your questions correctly and trades FX will be a billionaire!

Given the probability, seems that USD might have slightly higher chance amongst them in the short term.  

Edited by Albeniz

4 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Given the probability, seems that USD might have slightly higher chance amongst them in the short term.  

I hope so!

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

wah ... after 1 big round from Covid crash $1.90 to $3.05 .... 

now can load and no $3 no sell? huat ah!

2022-06-17_094620.png

ahem, i say many times already.  I dont i wont touch.  Please go ahead.  Help yourselves.   😄

• Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

ahem, i say many times already.  I dont i wont touch.  Please go ahead.  Help yourselves.   😄

yes sir!

i got nothing interesting to buy

Areit, MLT,MIT, CICT, etc all still high than my waiting price … lol

but Buffet kor said … it’s better to buy good company at fair price than laoya company at cheap price 

:grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yes sir!

i got nothing interesting to buy

Areit, MLT,MIT, CICT, etc all still high than my waiting price … lol

but Buffet kor said … it’s better to buy good company at fair price than laoya company at cheap price 

:grin:

I also itchy since i am holding a fair bit of cash but if nothing to buy, dont buy for the sake of buying. 
Cash is not trash, like some gurus said just a few months ago.   Cash is King

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2