The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Cheesey74 said:

Actually the crux is this "Meanwhile, foreign currency deposits at banks here soared almost four times to a record S$26.97 billion in April from a year ago."

I would think after the demise of HK regional financial center status after the new China security law passed, SG will be catapult to be the sole regional/offshore financial center powerhouse in Asia, hence the current positive vibe in our stock market.

Yup, foreign currency deposits increased 4X.

Deposits from residents outside SG increased 44%.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/non-resident-deposits-in-singapore-jump-44-to-record-s62b-in-april

So you know what to do eh?

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Showster said:

Yup, foreign currency deposits increased 4X.

Deposits from residents outside SG increased 44%.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/non-resident-deposits-in-singapore-jump-44-to-record-s62b-in-april

So you know what to do eh?

Haha.. me is small fry investor nia, u must ask our resident whale T2 or sifu Enye for further outlook.

Hypersonic

Deposits from residents outside SG increased 44%.

@Vid bring back his money to Singapore lah. 

:D

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

STI wan sui !!! [bounce2]

someone S Class upgraded to Maybach liao ...

2020-06-03_093045.jpg

No lah only win back S Class.  But i lost a HDB not just an S Class.😪

Fighting!

16 hours ago, Dp26 said:

Cos I’m a long only investor! Selling is a temptation only. Haha.

and no I don’t take market downturn as a reason to sell before it happens, if it happens, but a reason to add on more. Don’t think I’m a good trader so just buy and hold. Forever. Lol 

I only buy quality stocks(I feel) and broad ETF, funds. Never sell anything without needing the money before. Last time I sold is to downpay for my house. 

well that’s my investment style for the last ~20yrs ... 

I see, you never explained before. 

Each one has a different portfolio and different style

stick to your own style is best

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Ok I chicken out.  Take money, take dividend, run...

wah....must be very huat

btw....why chicken out ah?  market going down?

😬

15 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah....must be very huat

btw....why chicken out ah?  market going down?

😬

Give in to the fear and not hold out for $25 as I promised myself.  

• Praise 1

(edited)

Bought1x lots  CD @ 1.39, placed order for 7 lots @1.38 but did not get it. If not I am a happier man....Playing it while having my zoom online course on Monday....

When should i take profit again....

Edited by Hachi

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Chongster said:

Ok I chicken out.  Take money, take dividend, run...

Small profit is always better than a big loss.

:grin:

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Hachi said:

Bought1x lots  CD @ 1.39, placed order for 7 lots @1.38 but did not get it. If not I am a happier man....Playing it while having my zoom online course on Monday....

yeah, i dont bother queueing already after missing out quite a few trades. now  just buy at  market if want to buy.  

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Chongster said:

yeah, i dont bother queueing already after missing out quite a few trades. now  just buy at  market if want to buy.  

Q for 1c difference? [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Hachi said:

If you are already willing to buy at $1.39 why not just go all in 8 lots?  1ct difference on 7000 shares is only $70 !  

Next time dont make this type of penny wise pound foolish mistake.  If you think you want to buy this stock becos of fundamentally good reasons, dont penny pinch. Just hit and then maybe target much lower to hit again.

$200 profit? Got take or not also dont make a diff to your life right?

Good luck anyway.   Huat ah

• Praise 5

One thing that we need to be reminded of is that, the current exuberance in the stock market Is not of the true current state of matters becos financial markets trade on a chronological line of expectancy.  I hv explained how that works previously and will not repeat again.

there is no droplet of doubt that the economy will tailspin into a recession.  There is also no doubt that we will see the biggest rate of unemployment since 2000. In other words, we are fundamentally in an economic shithole for the rest of 2020.

if things do not start turning around for the better by Q4, we may likely be hit by a massive selldown. Do note that i am not just referring to SG but the world.

Be optimistic becos thats what keeps us going, but be very cautious. Chasing the market up is not what a long term investor does.  

Those who had listen o me and bought on the way down, would have profited as least as much as me.  Its not a lot but its still a double digit absolute return.

good luck to the bros in the coming weeks.

Keep your seat belts on

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6