The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

(edited)
1 hour ago, Chongster said:

For reit, every time before placement they distribute out all accrued dividend to existing shareholders.  That helps a little bit with the dilution I guess.

then give you some rights to counter the effect of dilution as well.  Overall it is the private placement that is dilutive, not the right.

tiok boh?

for this MIT, the rights can sell one not? 

Yes rights may be sold but Singapore market is small, inefficient and sometimes not as liquid.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

No.

never ignore the rights.  

either sell it or exercise it.  If you ignore it, you throw away money

sorry, i mean for MIT announcement ... there is no rights to sell ... isn't it?

unit holder want then just pay to buy at the PO price ... if don't want just ignore?

for 20,000 shares unit holder only can buy 1,000 shares? got meat meh? might as well buy from open market? 

do i read this correctly?

2021-05-21_132139.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

unit holder want then just pay to buy at the PO price ... if don't want just ignore?

for 20,000 shares unit holder only can buy 1,000 shares? got meat meh? might as well buy from open market? 

2021-05-21_132139.jpg

Yeah looks like it’s the cannot sell type.  I will probably subscribe and subscribe for excess to make up full lot and then sell to maintain balance

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Yeah looks like it’s the cannot sell type.  I will probably subscribe and subscribe for excess to make up full lot and then sell to maintain balance

my point is you subscribe $2.57

when start trading ... opening price drop below $2.50 because of dilution and poor sentiment .... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

my point is you subscribe $2.57

when start trading ... opening price drop below $2.50 because of dilution and poor sentiment .... [laugh] 

That depends on whether you believe in their purpose for the rights. The funds raised by the rights are for buying data centres...

Me have 8 lots, means I have to apply for excess how many rights har? 🤨

• Praise 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

2021-05-21_132139.jpg

In general, do not ignore rights.
Gotta understand first what it is.

Yes, this one no meat so cant do much unless you own a sizeable amount.

However let me share a trick, when you subscribe to the rights and get the shares, you pay virtually NO Transaction fee except maybe $2 service to DBS for providing ATm service for the subscription.  So it may be still better than getting it off the market.  For a good rights issue, the price may not even drop to the theoretical price.  In fact it usully doesnt for the better  REITs like Mapletree

This is one of the really good tip, which i share free with all here.   No need to pay me $3000 to join my masterclass.

Edited by Throttle2

(edited)
8 hours ago, Fishbowl said:

That depends on whether you believe in their purpose for the rights. The funds raised by the rights are for buying data centres...

Me have 8 lots, means I have to apply for excess how many rights har? 🤨

Yes.

If you like what it is, then just go ahead. 
but 8 lots is nothing.  But you can heavily oversub and see if you can get. 
i would Double down if i were you

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Gupta sells $1.75 million worth of DBS shares via market transaction.

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/banking-finance/dbs-ceo-gupta-sells-175-mil-worth-dbs-shares-market-transaction

Sifus, how do you interpret this?

Normal, part and parcel, or expecting a downturn for the company?

as T2 mention … when the profit is piled up on the table .. it’s time to take some of the table ma … [laugh] 

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Gupta sells $1.75 million worth of DBS shares via market transaction.

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/banking-finance/dbs-ceo-gupta-sells-175-mil-worth-dbs-shares-market-transaction

Sifus, how do you interpret this?

Normal, part and parcel, or expecting a downturn for the company?

$1.75 mil worth is very little.   Just like when you go on holiday, you want to change a few thousand dollars as spending money

• Praise 2

dear sifu, guru and 股神

the last couple of days ... crypto crash ... smelly smelly 40% correction

imho, DOW (34000) and S&P (4150) are at record super high now 

when the stock market correction lai liao ... what can we do to protect SGX portfolio to soften the impact, huh?

how one can rebalance the portfolio ... kam sia ... 

(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 11:32 PM, Wt_know said:

dear sifu, guru and 股神

the last couple of days ... crypto crash ... smelly smelly 40% correction

imho, DOW (34000) and S&P (4150) are at record super high now 

when the stock market correction lai liao ... what can we do to protect SGX portfolio to soften the impact, huh?

how one can rebalance the portfolio ... kam sia ... 

Crypto crash is good if people sell down and exit to move into real financial markets.

if cryptos move between themselves, then no impact to real markets

at the end of the day cryptos is 100% speculative relying fully on perceived value that another person has perceived value and so on so forth.

its the basis of all ponzis.  But can make money?  Yes, so can ponzis, and mlms, depends on when you enter and exit lor. I also made tens of thousands

but get this right, the number objective of all crypto folks is to get more people involved.  Becos the scheme cant work otherwise, can it?  
so just like mlm, these guys will preach to everyone

Once there is a hit on confidence, the market crashes, its all emotional nothing really fundamental.   I wonder who go bedok reservior liao.  Sure have one

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 3

(edited)

when tiktok video all posting crypto and dog coins … jit dong jeng liao

crypto plummeting again … huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know