Looks like there needs to be another Category of COE...

Chewbacca

Or another scheme or something.

Some sort where the owner of a car is limited to 1 day user per week (or similar, maybe 52 days a year). Extremely restricted usage at much lower COE prices. Of course, there's no way to regulate it right now. Only chance is probably GPS tracking....

I really don't mind, at this point......I don't need to use a car a lot of times......just sometimes, when I go back to JB

I guess Cat A car will be something like 63K next bidding.

Sigh......

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Some sort where the owner of a car is limited to 1 day user per week (or similar, maybe 52 days a year). Extremely restricted usage at much lower COE prices. Of course, there's no way to regulate it right now. Only chance is probably GPS tracking....

I really don't mind, at this point......I don't need to use a car a lot of times......just sometimes, when I go back to JB

Sigh......

the counter argument is that too many different schemes customized for small groups take out a lot of resources from the administrators.

the counter argument is that too many different schemes customized for small groups take out a lot of resources from the administrators.

got wkend car meh.. just increase the subsidy lor.. to something like 50% of the prevailing COE.

Supersonic

Sigh......

if liddat, why stop at "1 day per week usage" COE?

might as well have a "drive kids to school" COE.

or "drive to visit friends" COE.

or a "drive out eat supper" COE.

or....or....well, u get the drift.

Supercharged

got wkend car meh.. just increase the subsidy lor.. to something like 50% of the prevailing COE.

my view is exactly same as soya. you go read his comments.

then the system becomes one policy for drive morning group, one policy for drive night group, one policy for drive monday group and etc.

end up how many groups and how much the administrators got to crack their head and dedicate to register each group, regulate each group and plan for enforcement.

Got OPC wat. Garment not so steady to implement so many schemes here and there and in the end they need to take up more maintenance to these so call additional scheme. OPC is there for you to choose. Is already restricted during the day from 7am-7pm what more do you think garment will implement?

Supersonic

then the system becomes one policy for drive morning group, one policy for drive night group, one policy for drive monday group and etc.

end up how many groups and how much the administrators got to crack their head and dedicate to register each group, regulate each group and plan for enforcement.

got category of once a week car usage.....it's called TEKSI! [laugh]

Supercharged

got category of once a week car usage.....it's called TEKSI! [laugh]

[laugh] [laugh] but some folks will again blame the difficulty of hailing taxi at certain places and certain time

Supercharged

Got OPC wat. Garment not so steady to implement so many schemes here and there and in the end they need to take up more maintenance to these so call additional scheme. OPC is there for you to choose. Is already restricted during the day from 7am-7pm what more do you think garment will implement?

opc is still considered not a very small group as it groups all those driving during off peak hour together.

what soya and me is saying is if you continue dividing the opc group, it gets very small and with much more varieties, making adminstration and enforcement very difficult.

it doesn't bother me, but i can think like the administrators and know they will not really agree.

New ways to earn revenue la

Normal plate n opc Liao

Still some peoples $ not earn mah

Mouth say too congested but keep coming new ideas from elite

Imagine they implement this rules to marriage

Normal wife, opc wife, one week once wife

Hahahaha

anything that does not constitute addition $$$ to zee GarBerMent's coffer will not even be consider... lol...

I suppose we can be as imaginative and creative as we would wish to change the status quo... but how many of these will make it?...

the next thing u know, someone will be spending millions to some consultancy to propose a new viable COE which could probably be almost similar to existing...

I know there's an OPC lar. But 17k is pathetic.....

Really sian. Not sure what will happen.....

If this goes on, aiya, don't know how to send my GF to pontian liao.....

• Praise 1

If the users are prepared to pay all the additional admin cost etc associated with these "niche" scheme, why not? The question is are they prepared to pay? [:)]

If the savings from current high COE prices can more than cover these extra costs / charges, maybe some users may bite?

Supersonic

I know there's an OPC lar. But 17k is pathetic.....

Really sian. Not sure what will happen.....

If this goes on, aiya, don't know how to send my GF to pontian liao.....

brudder, brudder.....wat u mean dun know how to? look at these happy faces going to pontian..... :D

post-1105-1342170985_thumb.jpg

One day usage per week? Can always rent.

+1

Use once a week only doesn't make sense owning a car if not opc.

If less than once a week, rent is best option.

No depreciation, no loss of money. ^_^

• Praise 1

let's put it very bluntly from a policy perspective: it is the government's job to ensure people get to wherever they need to get to. so if they don't come up with a transport system that works effectively and efficiently, it's their fault.

it is not the government's duty to fulfill your aspirations of owning a car. so they shouldn't bother to design a scheme just to lower the barriers of entry to car ownership. however, you may be unhappy and don't vote for them the next time round. then it'll be beyond policy, it'll become politics.

politically, the government has tried several things to appease the populace. most measures are mild, such as deferring the correction by one year so as to cushion the impact of a massive COE cut. they shouldn't have to do that by reason, but people don't buy cars by reason. they then need to deal with the unintended consequence of inflation brought about by increasing transport costs.

↡ Advertisement