ST: Western-style fast food can increase risk of diabetes

Darthrevan

Eating Western-style fast food can increase one's risk of developing diabetes and dying from heart disease, a local study has found.

The research, a first that looks at the impact of fast food on Asians, found that those who eat fast food more than four times a week had an 80 per cent higher risk of dying of a heart disease.

Those who eat fast food more than twice a week are also 30 per cent more likely to develop type 2 diabetes.

Western-style fast food is categorised in this study as cheeseburgers or hamburgers, pizzas, hot dogs, french fries, ham sandwiches, and deep-fried chicken.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_821937.html

CP3e.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Not to say anything, but I do not think our char quek teow or curry or anyof the oily & salty local delights are any more heathy. Just that thes are not reserach as much as fastfood.

I personally do not eat fast food or sinful local delights that often, maybe once a week I eat fast food. best is home make, or avoid processed or fried food imo.

Not to say anything, but I do not think our char quek teow or curry or anyof the oily & salty local delights are any more heathy. Just that thes are not reserach as much as fastfood.

I personally do not eat fast food or sinful local delights that often, maybe once a week I eat fast food. best is home make, or avoid processed or fried food imo.

you are right..most local food are not healthy either..either with lots of salt/oil/sugar or lack of fibre and nutrients and full or carbo..always eat in moderation