What TP constitutes inconsiderate driving?

Ftco

Neutral Newbie

Two years ago it was 6 pts + $150 for me...still have the TP love letter with me.

6pts is careless driving leh....

Turbocharged

But there is no such sign elsewhere so I think it is not an offence per se.

Those who do it in a inconsiderate manner will be charged under inconsiderate driving and not for queue cutting. If you miss the queue you should be able to filter in if there is ample space and you signal in advance.

Just my thinking.

there's no specific offence for queue cutting. inconsiderate driving covers a wide range of offences including queue cutting.

there's no specific offence for queue cutting. inconsiderate driving covers a wide range of offences including queue cutting.

Makes sense.

6pts is careless driving leh....

Someone posted a link above. Inconsiderate and careless driving is classified as the same category of offence.

Turbocharged

Someone posted a link above. Inconsiderate and careless driving is classified as the same category of offence.

Careless driving.

6 Demerit Points

Light Vehicle (unladen weight of 2500 kg and below) : S$150.00

Heavy Vehicle (unladen weight exceeds 2500 kg) : S$180.00

Driving without due care or reasonable consideration for other road users.

9 Demerit Points

Light Vehicle (unladen weight of 2500 kg and below): S$170.00

Neutral Newbie

I have the same thing of the (a) version

"INCONSIDERATE DRIVING (NON-ACCDT LV)* UNDER SECTION 65(a) OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT CHAPTER 276"

along Bartley Road towards Tampinese Ave 10

I rmb clearly I was on a map quest that day, but becus I was on my motorbike, I didnt used the phone and the map quest was successful and smooth one.

I had completely 0 impression of any wrongdoing that day,

The penalty composition amount is $170 and 9 demerit point. I had furnished the particulars online and im waiting for my official traffic offence letter now.

I had nvr been involved in any traffic offence. The harsh and vague verdict is so mentally stressful. They didnt even bother to explain a single detail.

Anyone knows anything more about my case?

Edited by gweizz
  • Praise 1

Before the traffic police investigation came out, the insurance company die die said is my fault and asked me to pay excess for own and 3rd party damage. Two months gone, TP investigation said the other party is at total fault. Can i get the insurance to refund the excess based on TP investigation result? Anyone encountered such incident?

• Praise 1