Malaysia ranked safest among 19 nations

Phuakangtao

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Posted on 26 June 2012 - 06:39pm

Last updated on 26 June 2012 - 07:47pm

JOHOR BAHARU (June 26, 2012): Malaysia is ranked the safest of 19 upper-middle income nations in the world, according to the World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011 report.

Home Ministry secretary-general Datuk Abdul Rahim Mohd Radzi said Malaysia was also deemed the 12th safest country, faring better than the United States and Britain.

"The GTP (Government Transformation Programme) and Crime Reduction NKRA (National Key Result Areas) have received international recognition, for example.

"The Global Peace Index has placed Malaysia as the safest and peaceful country in South-East Asia, and fourth in the Asia Pacific," he said in a speech when closing a current safety issues briefing here today.

His speech text was read by the ministry's (registration and immigration division) deputy secretary-general Datuk Wan Ali Besar.

He said a study carried out by the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) found that the public were less fearful when caught in a crime situation last year, due to measures undertaken by the government, as compared to 2010.

"Many may wonder what effect this has on the country. An example would be that Malaysia's foreign direct investment standing was recorded at 10th position last year, as compared to 21st in 2010.

"This is proof of confidence among foreign investors over our country's political climate, safety and stability," he said, adding that it indicated the ministry's plans to reduce crime was successful. – Bernama

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/417537

Edited by Phuakangtao
↡ Advertisement

Posted on 26 June 2012 - 06:39pm

Last updated on 26 June 2012 - 07:47pm

JOHOR BAHARU (June 26, 2012): Malaysia is ranked the safest of 19 upper-middle income nations in the world, according to the World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011 report.

Home Ministry secretary-general Datuk Abdul Rahim Mohd Radzi said Malaysia was also deemed the 12th safest country, faring better than the United States and Britain.

"The GTP (Government Transformation Programme) and Crime Reduction NKRA (National Key Result Areas) have received international recognition, for example.

"The Global Peace Index has placed Malaysia as the safest and peaceful country in South-East Asia, and fourth in the Asia Pacific," he said in a speech when closing a current safety issues briefing here today.

His speech text was read by the ministry's (registration and immigration division) deputy secretary-general Datuk Wan Ali Besar.

He said a study carried out by the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) found that the public were less fearful when caught in a crime situation last year, due to measures undertaken by the government, as compared to 2010.

"Many may wonder what effect this has on the country. An example would be that Malaysia's foreign direct investment standing was recorded at 10th position last year, as compared to 21st in 2010.

"This is proof of confidence among foreign investors over our country's political climate, safety and stability," he said, adding that it indicated the ministry's plans to reduce crime was successful.

Actually safe lah. Kidnapping is considered robbery. Robbery is considered theft. Theft is considered items misplaced. Where's the crime?

Hypersonic

What does this sentence mean? That people who are caught in crime situation are not scare now compared to previousyear??? So people come rob them, they not scare anymore cos bolehland is safer now??

My england not v powderful so forgive me if I cannot grasp that sentence [laugh] [laugh]

What does this sentence mean? That people who are caught in crime situation are not scare now compared to previousyear??? So people come rob them, they not scare anymore cos bolehland is safer now??

My england not v powderful so forgive me if I cannot grasp that sentence [laugh] [laugh]

It means kena robbed until numb liao. Nothing to be scared off. Just hand $$ over.

Let's just seat back n see how foreign investors play out in their iskandar project....that should really be the actual relevance to safety index

Actually Malaysia could have scored better in one area and that would be risk of being a terrorist target. However you guys may scoff at Malaysia's domestic crime rate, it isn't quite a terrorist target like Singapore had been (could still be).

I think the study is not wrong coz their criminals do not target their own ppl, well ok lah sometimes, they target mostly sgporeans. Hence if you are M'sian you are pretty safe. LOL...

they set their own exam paper, took it, and give themselves a score.

I suppose in this report the ranked #1 safest country is Yeman? #2 is Israel? #3 is Mexico?

Turbocharged

I suppose in this report the ranked #1 safest country is Yeman? #2 is Israel? #3 is Mexico?

I believe Somalia deserve a spot somewhere.... [laugh]

I think the study is not wrong coz their criminals do not target their own ppl, well ok lah sometimes, they target mostly sgporeans. Hence if you are M'sian you are pretty safe. LOL...

And I think it is only JB. The rest of the other states should be safer.