K&N or Hurricane or works stainless steel air filter.

Camrytron

Was thinking which one to buy. dizzy.gif
Can any expert bro Pls share your experience on stainless steel air filter.
Really got improve on power? idea.gif

↡ Advertisement

I dont know, my previous SS drop in filter is almost clean all the time, even after 10K Km.

At the most wash with mama lemon to remove the surface dust.

K&N requires some maintenance to remove old and recoat fresh red oil. Some how, can see the dirt after 5-10K km.

Sorry, make you more confused.

Twincharged

Was thinking which one to buy. [dizzy]

Really got improve on power? [idea]

My 8 yrs++ Camry is using K&N drop in filter from new,no power increase,but need to clean every 20,000 Km...my 370z just fitted an HKS R-suction system[open pod],power is noticeable much better,but costs $1750.00.

I dont know, my previous SS drop in filter is almost clean all the time, even after 10K Km.

At the most wash with mama lemon to remove the surface dust.

K&N requires some maintenance to remove old and recoat fresh red oil. Some how, can see the dirt after 5-10K km.

Sorry, make you more confused.

Bro wat is ss?

seriously I really confuse liao :wacko:

My 8 yrs++ Camry is using K&N drop in filter from new,no power increase,but need to clean every 20,000 Km...my 370z just fitted an HKS R-suction system[open pod],power is noticeable much better,but costs $1750.00.

Some people say the paper filter can keep engine cleaner huh?

Twincharged

Some people say the paper filter can keep engine cleaner huh?

Yes,of course,OEM paper filter are the best...!

Supersonic

SS Hurricane air filter from Avante after 50k.

The air pressure sucking upwards towards the air intake permanently warped the filter, letting all kinds of dirt passed through via the sides. The centre ridge also has crack lines 2 mm wide.

hc2.jpg

hc1.jpg

Supercharged

Hurricane SS filter doesn't keep the dust from entering engine, as many drivers testify that the filter is as clean as new after driving for so long. Where have the dust gone to? Into the engine lor

K&N is still the better choice. Yes it traps the dust. U can see the dust. Yes it's troublesome to clean. But it's a happy problem, coz it proves that the filter is working in keeping the dust from engine

K&N has been around for ages. Proven for so long.

Power? It's subjective la. But it definitely reduce the low end torque and it's better in high end torque, compared to stock paper filter. It's my butt.

• Praise 1

Bro, IMHO, stay stock. At most settle for k&n. Ss filter doesn't filter well. Hold filter above head n b4 ceiling light u will know how big pores are... Then compare w k&n n ur orig paper. My prev ride ken a cel occasionally after some time for usin ss filter.

Hurricane SS filter doesn't keep the dust from entering engine, as many drivers testify that the filter is as clean as new after driving for so long. Where have the dust gone to? Into the engine lor

K&N is still the better choice. Yes it traps the dust. U can see the dust. Yes it's troublesome to clean. But it's a happy problem, coz it proves that the filter is working in keeping the dust from engine

K&N has been around for ages. Proven for so long.

Power? It's subjective la. But it definitely reduce the low end torque and it's better in high end torque, compared to stock paper filter. It's my butt.

Bro me dnt understand wat u mean by low end torque n high end torque lei. :blink:

Me just know, start engine, put"D", release brake n move off. [blush]

Do u mind educate me a bit more.

The air pressure sucking upwards towards the air intake permanently warped the filter, letting all kinds of dirt passed through via the sides. The centre ridge also has crack lines 2 mm wide.

Wow so jia lat,

I think hurricane abit dangerous ya [knife]

Wow so jia lat,

I think hurricane abit dangerous ya [knife]

By now you would have gotten the meaning that ss =stainless steel.

Its always a hard decision to make between better filtration for long term engine protection against better trottle response.

I am using stock air filter these few years.

Read that oiled sponge air filter is even better. But its not available for everyday cars.

By now you would have gotten the meaning that ss =stainless steel.

Its always a hard decision to make between better filtration for long term engine protection against better trottle response.

I am using stock air filter these few years.

Read that oiled sponge air filter is even better. But its not available for everyday cars.

I think I'll stay stock after reading so many comment about ss [thumbsup]

Dnt wan my camry go see doctor.

↡ Advertisement