Sun control film for home questions

Jj5599

(edited)

I was quoted by a distributor for a film costing $6 psf and $16 psf respectively for sun control film. The cheaper one has metal content while the latter is metal-free.

As my unit has windows all around taking the more expensive option is almost $3k for me, but I worry if i take the cheaper option, the metal containing film might interfere with mobile and wifi signals?

I try to save $ when I can...

Edited by Jj5599
↡ Advertisement

I was quoted by a distributor for a film costing $6 psf and $16 psf respectively for sun control film. The cheaper one has metal content while the latter is metal-free.

As my unit has windows all around taking the more expensive option is almost $3k for me, but I worry if i take the cheaper option, the metal containing film might interfere with mobile and wifi signals?

don't know whats your question but metallic film definitely will result in attenuation of mobile signals.

Good to contain your wifi signal in home to avoid others free loaders stealing.

But no good to get phone reception. But then hor, unless you whole house is air con and all windows closed every time.

Get one A4 sample size metal film from contractor.

Wrap it around your phone, walk around your house, and try to call in from another phone. Check the reception.

Signal strength from operator might decreased if handphone is placed in metal/wire enclosure,

depends on how tight is the metal enclosure is and the strength of the signal itself (both transmit and receive).

I believe the problem with metal is it might get oxidize after some time, turning purplish.

I don't believe Hp signal is an issue at all.

↡ Advertisement