In view high COE, would you buy a pre-0wned Mercedes ?

WML888

when COE very high... 2nd hand cars are better to own.

don't listen to rubbish that its cheaper to own new cars when coe high because of high paper value, thats pure nonsense.

when it comes to resale, your "new car" is just a used car too. in just the first year you lose 10% of that "high" COE. we are talking about $9k straight loss from that piece of paper.

↡ Advertisement

i heard this from my friend whose dad has a W211 E200ML, don't know how accurate it is.

a set of front toyota camry brake pads costs about $100, but those for a W211 cost $300+? because need to change the sensor that detects how many % of brake pad left. ditto the electronics for a lot of other mechanical parts and suddenly maintenance become much more expensive.

Neutral Newbie

Where on earth did you get the idea that merc parts are better lasting???

Don't you know that Merc and BMWs are among the most unreliable cars?? Talk about long lasting.......lol....

Merc are meant for those who has money to spend but cannot afford Lambo or Ferrari ones.

But in SG, many idiots who got no money want to boost ego and act like they are rich so buy Merc, BMWs etc.......

If you ever work in a law firm you will be surprised to see how many BMW, Merc get towed away every month because they could afford to keep it.........jokers....

if u have never driven/owned a merc, pls dont be "smart" abt merc~

those who buy merc could be that they need to pick business guests where u cant in Lambo or Ferrari~

its not abt having $ to drive a merc but willing to spend on quality & safety & all wonderful features~

btw u sounded like a typical sour grape abt those driving merc~? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

LOL..... How long batt can last does not depend on the brand of the car, its the battery used and positioning of the battery..... Btw, let you know that my el cheapo car battery already 4yrs old... Its cheapo Amaron some more. Not some expensive branded stuff.

Secret? I place it in the trunk away from the heat in the engine bay. Battery naturally last much longer.

seriously i didnt even know my benz uses batt, only my mech knows~ he makes sure everything is in great condition~ ^_^

those who buy merc could be that they need to pick business guests where u cant in Lambo or Ferrari~

its not abt having $ to drive a merc but willing to spend on quality & safety & all wonderful features~

Haha nice reply to that sour grape but too bad that grape kena banned already..

He isn't smart enough to not tio banned.. :D

(edited)

Ignore him..he has some grudge against Merc drivers [rolleyes]

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2680601

Edited by Roadie

Neutral Newbie

just kinda pity him thats all~

is it a thing that someone who dont drive merc keeps giving remarks like these but when they do drive one they dont reflect abt how they behaved previously huh~? -_-

i heard this from my friend whose dad has a W211 E200ML, don't know how accurate it is.

a set of front toyota camry brake pads costs about $100, but those for a W211 cost $300+? because need to change the sensor that detects how many % of brake pad left. ditto the electronics for a lot of other mechanical parts and suddenly maintenance become much more expensive.

just bought original front brake pads for W204 for $110+, the sensor cable is $6+ ... maybe W211 pads cost 3X bah .. but W204 pads abt similar price range as camry ?

P/S - Parts only. labour not included.

Neutral Newbie

Well, your friend's dad must be an idiot. Every 3 month kenna ketoh 1-2K still don't wake up???

its true, friend's dad's e class had to spend 5k for suspension wear & tear (car must be damn heavy), go back workshop like every 3 mth for this & that nonsense , every time 1~2k gone , how stupid is that? car is around 60k km

Neutral Newbie

I would say later merc is cheaper to maintain, newer model is more expensive to maintain. Those electronics parts and sensor is a pain!!

Low end Mercy are cheaper to maintain, high end Mercy are more expensive to maintain.

so whats new?

Turbocharged

LOL...never stepped into a MB showroom before. How come the difference btw the most affordable MB and the Jap cars have narrowed so much. German efficiency? Jap loss of talent? MB cutting down on quality?

Neutral Newbie

just bought original front brake pads for W204 for $110+, the sensor cable is $6+ ... maybe W211 pads cost 3X bah .. but W204 pads abt similar price range as camry ?

sclass front brakes set with labour at c&c only costs S$400+ but it comes with warranty for mths~ ^_^

they provide standard checks professionally of whole benz at no cost, isnt that nice~ [cool]

elsewhere u change pads, they only check brakes unless they try to sell u something~

Neutral Newbie

Well, your friend's dad must be an idiot. Every 3 month kenna ketoh 1-2K still don't wake up???

i'm awake & spending same for my v8 - 9L oil, plugs, filter~ is it a prob~? ^_^

Agreed, Merc front brake pad cost only 110-115, the sensor only few dollars more, sometimes need not change too, my mechanic will check to cfm if need to change ornot.

TS fren dad must be sending his car to C&C, sure kenna carrot lor !. They are thousands of car workshops here who can service merc cars anytime, it all depends how one drives to get good fc, MY ex-lux has an edge better than my current ride, Lux was V6 vs Kompressor

In short, merc are easy on the wallet, I did my research on where, who , why & when to service Merc car, not any ordinary Merc will do, E class is affordable, C class slightly higher fc, , but overall, maint is acceptable.

Hi, i am looking for old COE Mercedes...pls sms me 9362 3352 if you have one for sale.

Kindly advise the model class .

YOU AGAIN !! CAN'T YOU STOP HIJACKING THREAD???

MB parts shd be slightly cheaper than BM.

BMW 5series, front brake pad pls sensors easily 350. Replacing the remote key cost 450.