Whooo....... Supercharged Satria Neo coming soon.

Escksu

(edited)

Some hardcore petrolheads in MY would rather have the stock one, swapping the heart to a 4G63. [sly]

Talking about the swap, I think a 4G63 is overkill though I would love it....lol.....

I am thinking more of the 4G92 MIVEC engine...... ITs a direct fit for the Neo..... High revving NA goodness.....lol

I think 4G92 is more LTA friendly compared to 4G63....hoho....

If not, the Toyota 4AGE Black Top Engine also can..... Not a direct swap but just cost around RM10K including engine and gearbox.... yum yum.....

Edited by Escksu
↡ Advertisement

But Honda S2000 is not a rally car. Meant more for tracking and drag. Rally cars are WRX, Evo etc.

Yes, but the S2000 can be used for street racing. Eg. on Tarmac stages in a rally. Then can compete with the Satria Neo S2000. Of course, its not a fair fight since the Neo is set up as a competition car and not a street car. But both are high revving NA goodness.....

Lol.... My keropok is crap and I know it already.....

Posting a thread won't make it suddenly become better. Crap means crap.

I like it can already. Others hate it not my problem. I don't need them to like it and neither do my car nor I depend on them to survive.

Actually i am not a big fan of Proton as a car maker. They have been insulated from the realities of the global market by the Bolehland government for far too long, churning out outdated Sagas, Wiras and Personas when the rest of the world has moved on.

Having said that however, the Satria Neo is one of the few things (actually the only thing IMHO) that Proton got right. Small, zippy, no-nonsense and straight to the point hatchback. No need for fancy electronics and toys, in this segment it does what it is supposed to do, which is to be a cheap and decent everyday hatch.

The news that they have decided to supercharge it makes me even more curious if this is a sign that Proton is ready to be an overall decent car maker

Actually i am not a big fan of Proton as a car maker. They have been insulated from the realities of the global market by the Bolehland government for far too long, churning out outdated Sagas, Wiras and Personas when the rest of the world has moved on.

Having said that however, the Satria Neo is one of the few things (actually the only thing IMHO) that Proton got right. Small, zippy, no-nonsense and straight to the point hatchback. No need for fancy electronics and toys, in this segment it does what it is supposed to do, which is to be a cheap and decent everyday hatch.

The news that they have decided to supercharge it makes me even more curious if this is a sign that Proton is ready to be an overall decent car maker

Actually, me was never a Proton fan as well. I see the badge sianz 50% already...... I would prefer Suzuki Swift over Satria Neo anytime of the day.

What made me decide on the Neo is because I tried out both and I was astonished by the handling of the Neo and it beats the Swift Sports flat. The swift is faster on straights but cornering is not as good.

The only weak point with the Neo is the engine. The original Campro engine not a strong block and your can't squeeze much power out of it. But in its stock form, its very simple and reliable (as shown by Cusco Satria Neo rally cars). These cars are bone stock in terms of engine. Even intake and exhaust is stock.

I don't understand why don't they continue to use Mitsubishi engines instead. If they put in a 4G92 MIVEC it will be awesome.

I heard that the chassis of proton is one of best. Came from a professional racer. Maybe this satria 2000 can trash the BMW 1 series on road. Then sian half for a lot of people already.

Actually, me was never a Proton fan as well. I see the badge sianz 50% already...... I would prefer Suzuki Swift over Satria Neo anytime of the day.

What made me decide on the Neo is because I tried out both and I was astonished by the handling of the Neo and it beats the Swift Sports flat. The swift is faster on straights but cornering is not as good.

The only weak point with the Neo is the engine. The original Campro engine not a strong block and your can't squeeze much power out of it. But in its stock form, its very simple and reliable (as shown by Cusco Satria Neo rally cars). These cars are bone stock in terms of engine. Even intake and exhaust is stock.

I don't understand why don't they continue to use Mitsubishi engines instead. If they put in a 4G92 MIVEC it will be awesome.

Simple. It cost money to buy engines from Mitsubishi. Cheaper to make one urself

Problem is for all the Lotus-designed statements they like to fling around, they fail to realise that Lotus never really made their own engines. All of their engines were sourced from other companies like Toyota, Isuzu and Rover

Proton has their priorities in all the wrong places sometime. Like James May said in a Top Gear episode when driving a Gen 2

"Proton is claiming sporty handling due to the Lotus-designed suspension. But at this juncture it's not really the priority. I mean, i'll gladly trade the Lotus-designed suspension...for Toyota-designed door trim."

After looking at the bloody awful interior of a ex-colleague's Gen 2, i have to agree on that.

That episode also made fun of Korean cars as well. The difference is that the Koreans have improved leaps and bounds ever since that episode came out in 2006, the Malaysians instead have decided to mock Top Gear for making fun of their precious car companies. Which explains why they are still mostly churning out boring, awful POS that only they themselves will buy because it is dirt cheap

Simple. It cost money to buy engines from Mitsubishi. Cheaper to make one urself

Problem is for all the Lotus-designed statements they like to fling around, they fail to realise that Lotus never really made their own engines. All of their engines were sourced from other companies like Toyota, Isuzu and Rover

Proton has their priorities in all the wrong places sometime. Like James May said in a Top Gear episode when driving a Gen 2

"Proton is claiming sporty handling due to the Lotus-designed suspension. But at this juncture it's not really the priority. I mean, i'll gladly trade the Lotus-designed suspension...for Toyota-designed door trim."

After looking at the bloody awful interior of a ex-colleague's Gen 2, i have to agree on that.

That episode also made fun of Korean cars as well. The difference is that the Koreans have improved leaps and bounds ever since that episode came out in 2006, the Malaysians instead have decided to mock Top Gear for making fun of their precious car companies. Which explains why they are still mostly churning out boring, awful POS that only they themselves will buy because it is dirt cheap

Btw, talking about interior, I think I have to bring Swift into the picture. Its cost more than the Satria but its just el cheapo. If you just knock the roof, you can see how horrible it is. The metal is even thinner than the Neo (just press the door and bonnet). I know because my friend used to have a 1.3L Swift..... Its really crap even though its Jap car. Only the Swift Sports is good.

But then, I like it!! Maybe I am from another planet but I hate cars with luxurious interior. Its nothing more than dead weight to me. I want cars with as little interior trim as possible. I just want performance and low weight. All the leather and crap sound proofing don't apply to me.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ecksu! I am also a Satria Neo owner, and although it certainly can't beat my previous EG, I still love my car!

Knowing that 'praising' my car would only get me 'bashed', I would just like to say that I do not bother about what others think because I can only control what I say, not what others say and think! I love what my car has to offer me and the only car I would trade him for is Civic FD2R...hehe!

Anyways, ECKSU! Don't forget September, track comp @ Melaka!!!Get ready your suspension la... helmet and gloves ah! I will try to get my sponsor to spare you some engine oils but no promise!!!!!

On the same month after, pm me if you want to go Sepang for SNF. I need pit crew!!!

(p.s. get back to me..I need to register for you)

[wave] [wave] [wave]

Dunno how proton look like coz never see them on the road. Wondering who will buy this kind of car? Is it on the same class as those mic car?

Neutral Newbie

Dunno how proton look like coz never see them on the road. Wondering who will buy this kind of car? Is it on the same class as those mic car?

Eh? Wake up la.... maybe you too high class or live in a jungle.. This is 'mycarforum' leh... not 'only-what-you-think-u-saw-or-want-to-see car forum' leh...

No need to wonder who will buy this kind of car. Don't need to wonder or think so much la sis...or bro.I drive Proton.So are hundreds more.Same class or not I dunno, maybe same class. But u not seeing one on the road before? Now you got me wondering..... Go to sleep la...tomorrow got school in the morning.

(edited)

i'll take a Proton over a MIC car any day

At least i know the Malaysians still have good enough work ethics that they wont produce a death trap.

Besides, one good thing about having a Bolehland car: cheap servicing and repairs across the Causeway FTW

Edited by Soran

The problem people have with Proton is not because they lousy or what, it just that they could and they SHOULD have been better.

Remember Proton Saga/Iswara is already on the roads before Hyundai, Kia and other crap Korean cars hit local roads with their tincan Hyundai Excel. During that time in the late 80s, People would rather buy a 12 valve Proton Saga than to buy a crappy water-leaking Hyundai or a problematic door creaking Lada.

But after so many years, look at Hyundai, look at Kia now. They came a long way, building so many lineups, from tincan cars to worldwide market winners like The Elantra, Cerato and Veloster where people will just book their car without testdrive. They built up these reputables from scratch. They study and listen to market trends and now, they set the trend with thier GDI engines!

Proton? I think they are sleeping. They got 20 years to build up a good brand image but they choose to stick to their current old lineups, they lack the motivation to grow and move forward, only happy with their old success. Their old Satria was a borrowed Mit Colt chassis, their Old Wira was a borrowed Lancer chassis. Their Old Perdana was a borrowed Gallant chassis. They got so much leverage from Mitsubishi in automobile technology but what happened?

Where did all their R&D go into?? What are they doing this sleeping period from 1995 to 2005?? Why are they having 10 year old production lines still building dated Wiras from mid 90s to 2008?? with Why do they fail to see the market trend and took so long to come out with a MPV while other Japanese and Korean Brands already have 3 or more generations of MPVs? Why they take so long to come out with a Compact hatch?

It's only recently after 2005 they suddenly "woke up" and start to produce more "trendy" cars to catch up their lost time. But they have hell alot to catchup. And now with the emerging car makers from China flooding in, it's no wonder it's no wonder now they start to panick!

Personally I don't hate Proton. In fact when I was young, I was quite envious then Malaysia can built cars like Proton Saga while SG built nothing. But I was very dissapointed with their lineups and the pace/direction their took. They could have been better, they SHOULD have been better!

I still respect the Saga.. Simple , classical.. And rather strong too.. Still can see many running till today..

Eh? Wake up la.... maybe you too high class or live in a jungle.. This is 'mycarforum' leh... not 'only-what-you-think-u-saw-or-want-to-see car forum' leh...

No need to wonder who will buy this kind of car. Don't need to wonder or think so much la sis...or bro.I drive Proton.So are hundreds more.Same class or not I dunno, maybe same class. But u not seeing one on the road before? Now you got me wondering..... Go to sleep la...tomorrow got school in the morning.

He high crass lava been under the volcano for centuries and got vomitted out when mount pinabuto blew its top! so can excuse him for his ignorance.

He high crass lava been under the volcano for centuries and got vomitted out when mount pinabuto blew its top! so can excuse him for his ignorance.

gib chance lah...Some just able to buy 'sth like a car' and they need to show off.....let them crawl back sooner or later.

gib chance lah...Some just able to buy 'sth like a car' and they need to show off.....let them crawl back sooner or later.

ok boss....i dowan to be in your bad book and [smash][smash] myself!

↡ Advertisement