***Warning Cyclists - No cycling on pavements

Kaixing

Neutral Newbie

It looks like Police, LTA and Town councils are going all out to warn cyclists about cycling on pavements.

Yesterday evening I saw a group of them along the road side... thinking that they are setting up a road block but in fact they are catching people who cycle on pavement. NO fine is given- only warning though! A TP will ask for particulars and record onto the hand-held equip.

Because I'm among those being warned!!!

The Traffic Police said that it

↡ Advertisement

This is a long standing rule. Just no one enforced it regularly.

If your pre-school kids want to cycle, i suggest taking them to the many parks available.

Twincharged
(edited)

So preschool kids on their pink colour 3-wheel tricycles need to cycle on the roads?

Ridiculous..

If below 16 its illegal to cycle on the roads or pavement. Only can cycle in the parks.

Edited by Nzy

Twincharged

Which area?

Quite alot of areas have these people enforcing this already. I know Bishan, Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio and Thomson have. Cuz I always see them stopping cyclists on the road.

Twincharged

They are telling you not to cycle. Drive [;)]

When they give the warning they never ask me to drive. They just ask me to cycle on the road or push the bicycle on the pavement.

Turbocharged

Ok....anyone know is it legal to cycle on the grass patch just beside the footpath?

TP bo chup.. But NEA/NParks will come after you..

Twincharged
(edited)

Ok....anyone know is it legal to cycle on the grass patch just beside the footpath?

You can try. But then its also quite hard to cycle on the grass cuz got trees and those uncovered drains at regular intervals.

Edited by Nzy

(edited)

Cycling on grass patch when I see n to avoid pedestrians, at least it's 10000times safer than on the road.

Being forced by bus, and lorries with their elephant side mirrors is courting death!!

Edited by Liping24cn

* sarcasm mode on *

Save my world (please cycle, don't drive)...

Save my world (don't cycle on pavements)...

Save my world (you may get run over by cars)...

* sarcasm mode off *

It looks like Police, LTA and Town councils are going all out to warn cyclists about cycling on pavements.

Yesterday evening I saw a group of them along the road side... thinking that they are setting up a road block but in fact they are catching people who cycle on pavement. NO fine is given- only warning though! A TP will ask for particulars and record onto the hand-held equip.

Because I'm among those being warned!!!

The Traffic Police said that it

too many bloody buicycle riders around...

some ride on pavement hit ppl.

those ride on roads disregard traffic rules. bloody hell , i just saw a guy this morning beat a red light. those riders are really asking for it.

↡ Advertisement