Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Juz got the korean version of DR400-HD II from ebay. Overall similar to Gen 1 but only in Korean fw now. Powered up for 15 mins and the outer case already feels hot to hold in hand. I don't have Gen 1 so can't really compare with. My previous version is DR300. Need to run a few days to see if those symptoms like hangs or lens blurr still exists.

I have taken some photos of the PCB inside, will upload it later.

dsc0325yi.jpgdsc0324fa.jpg

dsc0323f.jpgdsc0322iy.jpg

Edited by VAG
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I have DR380G-HD installed for almost 2 months and it's working fine. HD Video quality is good and no overheating issue (it does feel hot but guess this is normal). I have power pack installed and running the unit with parking mode. My car is parked under the sun from 8am to 7pm, 5 days a week. :D

No regret installing DR380G-HD. Initally prepaid for a diff unit during last IT fair but after 2 weeks of waiting was informed no stock. So, decided to changed to DR380G-HD.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Recently the blackvue start to repeat the "Start Recording" message every 5 minutes.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any feedback

Hi Guys,

Recently the blackvue start to repeat the "Start Recording" message every 5 minutes.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any feedback

not normal. try formatting your SD card

Neutral Newbie

not normal. try formatting your SD card

Thanks for your reply.

Did the format and update to new firmware at the same time

But the voice keep haunting me.

Thanks for your reply.

Did the format and update to new firmware at the same time

But the voice keep haunting me.

Which model are you using? 350 or 380?

Do you have an alternative memory card to test out?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Self a user of DR350 with present memory card capacity of 8GB.

Intend to upgrade to higher capacity

Edited by Jeff23

thanks for your reply. But what I really meant is this: Lets say that I'm driving and the camera is on and is continuously recording. I want to save a video of something that I see so that I can view it later. I don't want the camera to overwrite it. I understand that it has this feature in the parking mode - if someone hits your car, it saves 2-3 minutes into a separate Event folder and doesn't get overwritten. But can you do the same manually while in the normal mode?

Thank you for ur help

I don't think there is such a feature on the camera (at least there is none on my DR350). If an event caught your attention, it is best to just swap out the memory card at your next stop to prevent over write. On my DR350 with 4GB, it will still take about 5 hours of recording before it is over written, so actually you can take your time to continue driving before swapping out the memory card to retrieve your image.

Juz got the korean version of DR400-HD II from ebay. Overall similar to Gen 1 but only in Korean fw now. Powered up for 15 mins and the outer case already feels hot to hold in hand. I don't have Gen 1 so can't really compare with. My previous version is DR300. Need to run a few days to see if those symptoms like hangs or lens blurr still exists.

I have taken some photos of the PCB inside, will upload it later.

How was the DR400-HD Gen2?

Overheating issue still present after testing?

So who is the (sole?) agent for Blackvue? [blush]:blink:

I saw this brand at Comex 2012 (ZMC), Sim Lim Square #01, Ebay and www.blackvue.com.sg

I think Wow Gadgets is the sole agent. The rest are resellers.

[wave]

Warranty and after-services (for resellers) how leh?

Return to the reseller. If reseller no more, email to Pittasoft. Most probably they will ask u to mail it to them or check with Wow Gadgets.

How was the DR400-HD Gen2?

Overheating issue still present after testing?

Not too sure about overheating yet.

One difference though, is that the color of the LED lights can no longer be changed.

I don't think there is such a feature on the camera (at least there is none on my DR350). If an event caught your attention, it is best to just swap out the memory card at your next stop to prevent over write. On my DR350 with 4GB, it will still take about 5 hours of recording before it is over written, so actually you can take your time to continue driving before swapping out the memory card to retrieve your image.

yeah, I figured so - that's what my friend does (he just carries 2-3 extra memory cards in the car). Thank you for the reply!

↡ Advertisement