Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

2 cameras sharing 1 jack? possibly not enough power?

ever tried disconnecting the other camera and see if issue still happen with your DR750?

hmmm my vehicle comes with 2 separate cigar jacks, not sure if that would cause the voltage to be insufficient, and when i was running the blackvue alone without the other camera, it didn't auto start up as well.

The reason why i added the 2nd camera is because it auto starts, so if i forget to manually switch on the blackvue, i at least have a backup.

I will try unplugging the 1st camera again to see if that helps tonight. I got my set from the $279 Qoo10 deal, and the seller is now saying the DR750 is meant to be used directly connected to the fusebox. I don't buy the explanation as the UK and some other country sets come with the Cigarjack powercable instead of the cable to fusebox.

↡ Advertisement

another thing to check is the firmware version.

i had mine wired to fusebox, and didnt't have any issues though.

hmmm my vehicle comes with 2 separate cigar jacks, not sure if that would cause the voltage to be insufficient, and when i was running the blackvue alone without the other camera, it didn't auto start up as well.

The reason why i added the 2nd camera is because it auto starts, so if i forget to manually switch on the blackvue, i at least have a backup.

I will try unplugging the 1st camera again to see if that helps tonight. I got my set from the $279 Qoo10 deal, and the seller is now saying the DR750 is meant to be used directly connected to the fusebox. I don't buy the explanation as the UK and some other country sets come with the Cigarjack powercable instead of the cable to fusebox.

thanks for the reply, i updated the firmware to the latest version as well, and also did a reset to factory settings before that, hoping that it was a firmware problem. but the unit still doesn't auto start on starting the engine.

I didn't want to tamper with the fusebox initially as I did all the wiring DIY. looks like have to explore the fusebox to try and isolate the problem.

a google search doesn't find similar complaints from other users, but i did see another Qoo10 buyer complaining in the Q&A section that his unit does not auto start too.

another thing to check is the firmware version.

i had mine wired to fusebox, and didnt't have any issues though.

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the reply, i updated the firmware to the latest version as well, and also did a reset to factory settings before that, hoping that it was a firmware problem. but the unit still doesn't auto start on starting the engine.

I didn't want to tamper with the fusebox initially as I did all the wiring DIY. looks like have to explore the fusebox to try and isolate the problem.

a google search doesn't find similar complaints from other users, but i did see another Qoo10 buyer complaining in the Q&A section that his unit does not auto start too.

i got the Q0010 blackvue too and got a workshop to install for me. working fine so far.

i think the other versions in other countries may not have the 'powermagic pro' function, so it's ok to be plugged into the cigar jack cos it's not meant to be running all the way.

i suspect that when you plug into cigar jack, it shuts off when there's no power, and you have to hit the power button to restart it.

i got the Q0010 blackvue too and got a workshop to install for me. working fine so far.

i think the other versions in other countries may not have the 'powermagic pro' function, so it's ok to be plugged into the cigar jack cos it's not meant to be running all the way.

i suspect that when you plug into cigar jack, it shuts off when there's no power, and you have to hit the power button to restart it.

yea, my other suspicion is that the cigar jack is not outputting 12 volts and hence the auto start may not be working. Just ordered a voltage reader off ebay to see what kind of voltage the cigar jack is outputting.

The cigar jack power automatically switches on when the engine is started and switches off when ignition is off.

damn my DR750 giving more problems now, haven even resolve the non auto-start problem.

parked in the sun for about 1 hour today, and the unit keeps restarting and repeating "blackvue for your safety, starting normal recording" over and over again.

my cheap SJ4000 wifi still going on strong mounted beside the blackvue... looks like i should not have "upgraded" and bought the blackvue from Qoo10. local set at least can bring back for warranty.

Turbocharged

Starting to wonder if I should continue with my intention to buy a Blackvue DR750 or maybe get a Thinkware like the 750, or maybe iRoad...

What SD card are you using?

damn my DR750 giving more problems now, haven even resolve the non auto-start problem.

parked in the sun for about 1 hour today, and the unit keeps restarting and repeating "blackvue for your safety, starting normal recording" over and over again.

my cheap SJ4000 wifi still going on strong mounted beside the blackvue... looks like i should not have "upgraded" and bought the blackvue from Qoo10. local set at least can bring back for warranty.

What SD card are you using?

The original 16gb blackvue card. Luckily it went back to normal when i drove home in the evening. Looks like the sun overheated the blackvue during lunch time, and things went back to normal aftercooling down. Still...it was only one hour under the sun...

i'm more inclined to think that it's the SD card that stops working, cause the DR750 was "supposed" to shut itself down when it's overheated.
I'm using the Samsung Evo Microsd cards which are claimed to be temperature proof up to 85c, so far didn't encounter such issues even if i park under the hot sun for hours.

The original 16gb blackvue card. Luckily it went back to normal when i drove home in the evening. Looks like the sun overheated the blackvue during lunch time, and things went back to normal aftercooling down. Still...it was only one hour under the sun...

i'm more inclined to think that it's the SD card that stops working, cause the DR750 was "supposed" to shut itself down when it's overheated.

I'm using the Samsung Evo Microsd cards which are claimed to be temperature proof up to 85c, so far didn't encounter such issues even if i park under the hot sun for hours.

i see. i thought it was always recommended to use the original blackvue cards, and there was also a list of "recommended" cards/brands.

i have the samsung evo 32gb microsd as well in my phone, maybe will try that instead of the blackvue card.

Neutral Newbie

Hiya any idea when will the Blackvue 750 be sold by the authorized distributors in Sg? Do not wish to buy them online. Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Hi.. I just bought my Blackvue DR750 2 channel and power magic pro from Qoo10.. Looking for an installer around west side. Any contact to share? I also need to know the damage too.. Can help?

Neutral Newbie

Hi.. I just bought my Blackvue DR750 2 channel and power magic pro from Qoo10.. Looking for an installer around west side. Any contact to share? I also need to know the damage too.. Can help?

Actually the Blackvue doesn't need the power magic pro. It's got an inbuilt cut-off function.

I got mine off Qoo10 too, got it installed in MOTEC Pte Ltd at Toh Guan for $50. They're one of the Blackvue authorised dealers (or used to be at least).

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant_map.php?MID=12745

Hi all bro n sister her . Can check any one using DR750 here? Can check any one got Burning smell of the car can thank ;)

Hi all bro n sister her . Can check any one using DR750 here? Can check any one got Burning smell of the car can thank ;)

Hi guys,

I need some help.

Installed a dual channel wifi. Installed BlackVue app. Turned on the wifi by pressing the wifi button once. Heard the wifi was activated. However, the app could not connect to the camera.

Any idea how to diagnose it?

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I need some help.

Installed a dual channel wifi. Installed BlackVue app. Turned on the wifi by pressing the wifi button once. Heard the wifi was activated. However, the app could not connect to the camera.

Any idea how to diagnose it?

Hi.. Did you use your phone to connect to wifi, just like the way you connect to the home wifi? Once is connected, then you open the app. Click "Blackvue wifi" icon in the app, then it will sync. Do know if you bought your blackvue in Qoo10, the firmware that was install may not be the latest one and high chances you will get some problem like "Invalid System Configuration" error for overnight parking (based on v1.010 preinstalled). Update your firmware at the same time by download it to you phone and use the wifi to "push" to update your Blackvue. Good luck and enjoy

Edited by JeremyLek
↡ Advertisement