Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

I believe all you need is internet connection. No need to waste the money, just use your old phone which support teathering (wifi sharing) and you are good to go.

It wouldn't work.

If I forget to switch off wifi on camera, I got no connection on my phone.

↡ Advertisement

It wouldn't work.

If I forget to switch off wifi on camera, I got no connection on my phone.

It works with mobile phone also. I have both mobile phone and 4G router. Do not switch off the wifi on the camera. You can store up to 3 devices on the cloud settings.

I have 2 data sim cards free so using two devices to pair with the camera. Will turn off one of them when data limit is reached.

Both mobile phone and 4G router works fine with my Blackvue DR650S and DR750S.

It works with mobile phone also. I have both mobile phone and 4G router. Do not switch off the wifi on the camera. You can store up to 3 devices on the cloud settings.

I have 2 data sim cards free so using two devices to pair with the camera. Will turn off one of them when data limit is reached.

Both mobile phone and 4G router works fine with my Blackvue DR650S and DR750S.

My car don't have router. Once camera wifi is on, I have no internet connection on my phone.

My car don't have router. Once camera wifi is on, I have no internet connection on my phone.

Select no auto connect to that particular wifi address on your phone.

4G wifi router cheap cheap, i got it from Aliexpress.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Nothing to do with router.

Your camera "wifi" allows your phone to connect into its private LAN so as to view the recording wirelessly. This private LAN has no access to Internet which is why when your phone is connected to this private LAN, your phone lost internet access (because it will no longer use the SIM 3G/4G connection).

Nothing to do with router.

Your camera "wifi" allows your phone to connect into its private LAN so as to view the recording wirelessly. This private LAN has no access to Internet which is why when your phone is connected to this private LAN, your phone lost internet access (because it will no longer use the SIM 3G/4G connection).

If that's the case, how to connect to internet without router?

Excellent info on wifi router guys!

Does it use a lot of data?

If you dont keep using live view, no. If u like me, suka suka view the car surroundings, then yes.

Select no auto connect to that particular wifi address on your phone.

4G wifi router cheap cheap, i got it from Aliexpress.

I just checked.

TP-Link router cost less than SGD20 on TaoBao.

Neutral Newbie

If that's the case, how to connect to internet without router?

I dont own one with cloud capability, so I can only comment in IT perspective. I might be wrong about how the product Cloud works.

Long story short, unless your dashcam support 3G/4G (can insert simcard), the only way is to get it connected to the internet by "3rd party" means, which is why the mobile wifi comes into the picture. Your dashcam connects to the internet provide by your mobile wifi. It then connects to the product's central server. Your phone (with the product app) connects to the server. Everyone now got connected to the same network and streaming becomes possible.

* Please note that while most people here understand what you actually mean when you say router, a router is not a product you need. If you go to Challenger asking for router, you might end up going home with the wrong product.

• Dislike 1

I dont own one with cloud capability, so I can only comment in IT perspective. I might be wrong about how the product Cloud works.

Long story short, unless your dashcam support 3G/4G (can insert simcard), the only way is to get it connected to the internet by "3rd party" means, which is why the mobile wifi comes into the picture. Your dashcam connects to the internet provide by your mobile wifi. It then connects to the product's central server. Your phone (with the product app) connects to the server. Everyone now got connected to the same network and streaming becomes possible.

* Please note that while most people here understand what you actually mean when you say router, a router is not a product you need. If you go to Challenger asking for router, you might end up going home with the wrong product.

U better go & do read up before you comment.

http://www.blackvue.com.sg/uploads/8/4/4/2/8442586/manual_dr750s-2ch_en_web_ver.1.00_2.pdf

I am not an IT person.  But you explanation is wrong.

Rather than Challenger, i found in on TaoBao. TP-Link MR3020.

Neutral Newbie

U better go & do read up before you comment.

http://www.blackvue.com.sg/uploads/8/4/4/2/8442586/manual_dr750s-2ch_en_web_ver.1.00_2.pdf

I am not an IT person. But you explanation is wrong.

Rather than Challenger, i found in on TaoBao. TP-Link MR3020.

I think you might be confused between Live View and Cloud View.

Nonetheless, if you feel I am wrong, then go with your understanding to see if it works for you.

I think you might be confused between Live View and Cloud View.

Nonetheless, if you feel I am wrong, then go with your understanding to see if it works for you.

Sorry i have misread your post.

Anyway, do you still agree with mobile wifi is required?

Ole phone can be tethered on.

Neutral Newbie

Sorry i have misread your post.

Anyway, do you still agree with mobile wifi is required?

Ole phone can be tethered on.

No worry. It is a sharing session so as to let fellow members get the right stuff.

If you just need to check on your recording when you are in your car. You dont need mobile wifi (Internet).

If you want to be able to view from remote location like office or home, then you will need mobile wifi.

I personally dont find the need. Unless I want to stalk on someone or something.

The ability to power the Internet device will be something to address. While powerbank might be able to power it overnight. The ability to recharge them (Internet device and powerbank) will depends on how long you drive your car daily.

Hypersonic

Anyone know how much is the new Blackvue DR900S 2CH is selling at SG Expo 4 today? Does it include installation?