Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

59 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Found some LiFePO4 battery in Aliexpress.

Anyone knows if it is easy to connect it up with the car cam?

Battery is not an issue. It is the charging process. You need a fast charger to charge the batteries while charging.

• Praise 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:55 PM, lightforx said:

Camera tonight suddenly powered down itself while driving. I have celllink, and also checked that car batt still at good level.

Any idea of the possible causes?

Is Cellink Neo being charged with engine switch on?

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Battery is not an issue. It is the charging process. You need a fast charger to charge the batteries while charging.

Can hardwire to car fuse. Faster charging? Like BV cellink?

1 hour ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Can hardwire to car fuse. Faster charging? Like BV cellink?

No. You need a charger to be able to step up the voltage to the battery. At the same time, monitor the battery. Otherwise jit ba boom like those PMD batteries. 

And there goes your car.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

No. You need a charger to be able to step up the voltage to the battery. At the same time, monitor the battery. Otherwise jit ba boom like those PMD batteries. 

And there goes your car.

Care to share the technicalities?

Noob on electrical stuff.

The batt I posted is supposed to be a 12V batt. Thought can wire to car fuse for charging and connect the batt to car cam for continuous recording.

SG$ 139.06  6%OFF | 12V 25AH LifePO4 battery pack Super Power Car Jump Starter Power Bank 100A Portable with 4A charger gift EC5 car start line
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/MpTYTsVi

Edited by Wildfaye29
Add info

45 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Care to share the technicalities?

Noob on electrical stuff.

The batt I posted is supposed to be a 12V batt. Thought can wire to car fuse for charging and connect the batt to car cam for continuous recording.

SG$ 139.06  6%OFF | 12V 25AH LifePO4 battery pack Super Power Car Jump Starter Power Bank 100A Portable with 4A charger gift EC5 car start line
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/MpTYTsVi

Unfortunately, I do not have the technicalities. But I will give you an example as per mobile phone charging.

Mobile phone example :

Normal usb outputs 5V 1.0A, it takes a long time to fully charge the battery.

Fast charging usb outputs 5V 2.0A, it takes half the time to fully charge the battery.

QC3.0 charging usb outputs 5 to 20V, it takes a quarter of the time to fully charge the battery.

https://blog.blitzwolf.com/what-is-qc-3-fast-charging-with-blitzwolf-chargers.html

So back to your battery cell that you posted. There is no fast charging at all. Will you be driving continuous 6 to 8 hours everyday to fully charge the battery? Cant be right? Unless you are a full time deliveryman. Only when you drive then you charge the battery. So for the battery to stay at a healthy fully charged state, your charging must be more than your battery consumption rate.

Only products like Cellink Neo which has fast charging is able to achieve it. It is fully charged in 40mins. Even at 20min drive, it reaches 60%, enough for 11-13hrs of recording.

https://www.blackvue.com.sg/cellink-b-battery.html

That is why I initially told you to look at the charger and not battery. You can have as many batteries as you want. But ultimately, you must have the ability to charge them as fast as you could. Unless you dont mind buying two sets, everyday swop the batteries in the car and bring home to charge.

Another point, the link you showed, the battery weighs 2.3kg.[dead] And I dont think it can fit easily under the car seat. If everyday need to remove and swop. You are like doing weights training everyday. For me, even my 1.8kg laptop I think its heavy and swop with a 1.2kg laptop that I need to carry everyday.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Unfortunately, I do not have the technicalities. But I will give you an example as per mobile phone charging.

Mobile phone example :

Normal usb outputs 5V 1.0A, it takes a long time to fully charge the battery.

Fast charging usb outputs 5V 2.0A, it takes half the time to fully charge the battery.

QC3.0 charging usb outputs 5 to 20V, it takes a quarter of the time to fully charge the battery.

https://blog.blitzwolf.com/what-is-qc-3-fast-charging-with-blitzwolf-chargers.html

So back to your battery cell that you posted. There is no fast charging at all. Will you be driving continuous 6 to 8 hours everyday to fully charge the battery? Cant be right? Unless you are a full time deliveryman. Only when you drive then you charge the battery. So for the battery to stay at a healthy fully charged state, your charging must be more than your battery consumption rate.

Only products like Cellink Neo which has fast charging is able to achieve it. It is fully charged in 40mins. Even at 20min drive, it reaches 60%, enough for 11-13hrs of recording.

https://www.blackvue.com.sg/cellink-b-battery.html

That is why I initially told you to look at the charger and not battery. You can have as many batteries as you want. But ultimately, you must have the ability to charge them as fast as you could. Unless you dont mind buying two sets, everyday swop the batteries in the car and bring home to charge.

Another point, the link you showed, the battery weighs 2.3kg.[dead] And I dont think it can fit easily under the car seat. If everyday need to remove and swop. You are like doing weights training everyday. For me, even my 1.8kg laptop I think its heavy and swop with a 1.2kg laptop that I need to carry everyday.

oh ok

its just a battery pack

no charger

ok back to the drawing board

Ok another 2 questions

is the wiring of the old 550 and the newer 750 same (power cable and rear cam cable)?

is the front cam holder same for the 550 and 750 (except for colour difference?

if the above is same - means i can interchange the 550 and 750 between 2 cars?

1 hour ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Ok another 2 questions

is the wiring of the old 550 and the newer 750 same (power cable and rear cam cable)?

is the front cam holder same for the 550 and 750 (except for colour difference?

if the above is same - means i can interchange the 550 and 750 between 2 cars?

I do not have the 550. Only the 400, 650 and 750. All three uses the same cable.

Holder is definitely different for each model.

Edited by Adrianli

8 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I do not have the 550. Only the 400, 650 and 750. All three uses the same cable.

Holder is definitely different for each model.

Tried the use the 550 w the 750 cables. worked ok.

The holder is as you mentioned. somehow the front cam doesnt really attached and click properly.

Installed my old DR550 recently - still works very well for a 5 yr old cam

but my timestamp is wrong - when i first installed it - it was showing 2017, it subsequently synced and was showing the correct timestamp. now it is 2022. 😞

any idea how i can get it to show correctly always?

On 10/19/2019 at 8:56 AM, Wildfaye29 said:

Installed my old DR550 recently - still works very well for a 5 yr old cam

but my timestamp is wrong - when i first installed it - it was showing 2017, it subsequently synced and was showing the correct timestamp. now it is 2022. 😞

any idea how i can get it to show correctly always?

the RTC battery is likely dead, and is sadly not easily replaceable.
encountered that on my DR750 at about 5 years mark, and happened to have a dead front cam laying around, so torn that down and have the battery replaced by my friend who are good with soldering.

• Sad 1

i got a quote from Tmall Blackvue authorised retailer official import from Korea. 11.11 promo.

DR750S dual cam 16GB model is 1909RMB. Works out to be S$370 before shipping. Likely can be had for $400.

DR900S dual cam 16GB model is 242RMB. Works out to be S$470 before shipping. Likely can be had for $500.

Install cam be done for $50 using freelancer.

Firmware/language can be updated to English via Blackvue app.

For sharing

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

i got a quote from Tmall Blackvue authorised retailer official import from Korea. 11.11 promo.

DR750S dual cam 16GB model is 1909RMB. Works out to be S$370 before shipping. Likely can be had for $400.

DR900S dual cam 16GB model is 242RMB. Works out to be S$470 before shipping. Likely can be had for $500.

Install cam be done for $50 using freelancer.

Firmware/language can be updated to English via Blackvue app.

For sharing

Thanks for sharing! Can share the retailer link please?

Hi Everyone,

My car came with the BV DR590 1 channel and I installed the cellink neo batt. When I came back from holiday the car cam seems dead and I check on the batt pack and the indicator lights still turns on after power reset. Could it be cam dead?

↡ Advertisement