Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

Anyway, 650 users, pls dun bother to do a firmware upgrade. Super unstable and waste time unless using the cloud service.

Those who want will need to download a new app to connect.

And BV will keep saying some wifi access failure, regardless wifi on or off.

Maybe is just me.

I had to 'downgrade' again

how to reset back to factory settings? i have a friend who also faced the same problem. after updating the firmware, unable to connect to wifi.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Finally sorted this out. Yes, if you 'upgraded' to the latest firmware, then you need the BVc app to go with it. Been trawling BV's SG site and they made no mention of this!

However, unless you use their over the cloud service, the latest firmware appears to be a downgrade in terms of features. I think the previous version is better.

Thanks to all!

Didn't work. Also reformatted the sdcard and used another phone to try to connect. All didn't work. Is there anyway to reset the front recording unit to factory default?

You may wish to try connecting the camera wifi using your phone wifi setting before you connect using the blackvue app. By the way if your camera firmware is ver 2.0, please download the new app "Blackvue C". Hope it helps

• Praise 1

I'm using DR650 dual channel. 

Recently noticed that the camera keep on restarting. Is like run for a few minutes then restart. I touched the unit, not hot at all. Happened all the time. 

Just updated the firmware. Problem persist. Attached to Power Magic. Apparently Power Magic is not working. As I off the car, the camera also off.

Any idea what happened? 

If you say the power magic is not working then its hard for anyone to guess, best bring it back to the shop for verification. You can troubleshooting first by connecting the camera direct to the cig lighter and see if the reset still takes place. If it doesn't then its the Power magic for sure. But you need another blackvue adaptor to try this cause I am assuming the original one has been hidden behind the panel?

I'm using DR650 dual channel. 

Recently noticed that the camera keep on restarting. Is like run for a few minutes then restart. I touched the unit, not hot at all. Happened all the time. 

Just updated the firmware. Problem persist. Attached to Power Magic. Apparently Power Magic is not working. As I off the car, the camera also off.

Any idea what happened? 

Didn't work. Also reformatted the sdcard and used another phone to try to connect. All didn't work. Is there anyway to reset the front recording unit to factory default?

Bro, I'm using 550 2-ch on my current car, and my new ride will be fitted with 650 2-ch.

I had the problem as well last time, and if re-flashing s/w does not help, try going to the wifi advance settings, uncheck the option 'smart network switch' to maintain a stable connection. I got that to work when I had a Samsung Note 2. Changed to other Android and problem is not there with the same firmware for my BV.

Give it a try! Cheers!

• Praise 1

question - my BV no longer has the "blackvue is now shutting down..." after i turn off my engine. the minute i turn off the engine, the blackvue dies, which will probably lead to corruption of the memory card, i suppose. I assume the battery inside must be dead. is there a way to change the internal battery? or should i consider upgrading to the latest model at this point? (currently on the dr-400ii, iirc). 

question - my BV no longer has the "blackvue is now shutting down..." after i turn off my engine. the minute i turn off the engine, the blackvue dies, which will probably lead to corruption of the memory card, i suppose. I assume the battery inside must be dead. is there a way to change the internal battery? or should i consider upgrading to the latest model at this point? (currently on the dr-400ii, iirc). 

The internal battery has died. Either you spend some money replace the battery by a battery shop or DIY replacing it.

Battery shop that I know is at Sim Lim Tower basement, Kim Chew.

The internal battery has died. Either you spend some money replace the battery by a battery shop or DIY replacing it.

Battery shop that I know is at Sim Lim Tower basement, Kim Chew.

i dont know how to do this soldering etc. rather just pay someone to do it. this kim chew is reliable?

i dont know how to do this soldering etc. rather just pay someone to do it. this kim chew is reliable?

Pretty popular.

They do replacement of all kinds of batteries. Like your portable hand drill type to laptop batteries, etc........ I am not sure about cost thou.

• Praise 1

Hi, just wanted to ask a question and get some help.

I took out my existing Blackvue Cam from my car which I was sending for scrap. I would now like to re-fit it to the replacement car and was wondering if anyone has recommended vendors that can install the Power Magic and wiring for the cam.

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks! 

I have same issue, suspect the capacitor. I left it alone since it is still recording.

Suggest you upgrade, I had 2 x DR400 both fried. Reliable car camera is a must  [thumbsup]

Now on the DR550 alot better less memory card issues and power issues, I heard the DR650 is even better.

Pretty popular.

They do replacement of all kinds of batteries. Like your portable hand drill type to laptop batteries, etc........ I am not sure about cost thou.

bro, they couldnt do it. i went down just now, they dont carry this battery :/

bro, they couldnt do it. i went down just now, they dont carry this battery :/

If you still around there, go to Sim Lim Square level 5 or 6, also got a shop selling battery. They should have the battery cos @Vulcann bought his battery there.

If you still around there, go to Sim Lim Square level 5 or 6, also got a shop selling battery. They should have the battery cos @Vulcann bought his battery there.

hmm ok, I am thinking @mercury1 is right, i checked my set and its more than 3 years old already ... maybe its due for an upgrade ..a new dual channel is about $560 with installation. might make more sense to go with a newer model, i think. 

the kim chew lady said she never saw this before, gave me a screw driver and i opened it up in front of her, and she was like .. so small ah the battery .. sorry, dont carry. (wish she told me that before i spent 10min opening it up there lol, but she was very nice)

• Praise 1

hmm ok, I am thinking @mercury1 is right, i checked my set and its more than 3 years old already ... maybe its due for an upgrade ..a new dual channel is about $560 with installation. might make more sense to go with a newer model, i think. 

the kim chew lady said she never saw this before, gave me a screw driver and i opened it up in front of her, and she was like .. so small ah the battery .. sorry, dont carry. (wish she told me that before i spent 10min opening it up there lol, but she was very nice)

If you want to upgrade, go for the DR650.

If you want to repair it, can pass it to me and I try to replace the battery for you.

↡ Advertisement