Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

Found this, however my Korean is a bit rusty..

Notice diff in lens cover on body

http://www.blackvue.com/contents/sub1.asp?idx=17

looks like they insulated the lens for both dr400 & dr380, and probably the near future ranges. but i wonder if the heat issues still unresolved, else they no need to insulate the lens. like my dr380 still feels hot at noon but not so hot till can't touch though. donwloaded once after 2 weeks of trial and video still clear whether day / nite, no purplish tint / lines at all, all color rendition as normal, and not too bad for HD (tried still photos & still can see left / rite side veh no. plate).

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Guys, Greetings from Belgium (nxt to France :) Recently i bought a car cam at Chinavasion and paid 80 euro (+/- US$ 100),

unfortunately customs grabbed also 18 euro. You can check the cam out here:

A previous cam, bought for US$50 went straight to the trash, they send me a knock off of this one, which is still decent for the price:

(footage starts at 09:10)

All this happened before (as usual) i found this interesting forum

Now i'm hesitating to pay US$ 250 + to buy the FINEVU CR-300HD because i can't find much reviews of it and hesitating about the quality.

By reading the whole post I remarked there are some issues with the Blackvue and the footage of the Finevu is very nice and much better during night.

Edited by Paulv

my dr400 become foggy again, this is the 2nd unit after replacement... give up think I will change brand

Bro. :wacko: Mine was a newly exchanged unit in June. Was foggy after two weeks.

This is what I have been waiting for, does anyone have any info on it??

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Version-BlackVu...#ht_8227wt_1031

Local AD said will be coming in Sept. People like me who bought last year still under warranty will get a one to one replacement to this once it arrives. Was told those whose warranty expires before it arrives will have their warranty extended.

Edited by Amazon777

Neutral Newbie

Local AD said will be coming in Sept. People like me who bought last year still under warranty will get a one to one replacement to this once it arrives. Was told those whose warranty expires before it arrives will have their warranty extended.

Not sure about Sept date?? but picked this up on another post:

정우 피타소프트 과장은 "최대 60℃까지는 아무 문제 없이 작동한다"며 "블랙뷰 시즌2는 여름철 고온에서 발생할 수 있는 오작동 문제를 최소화하도록 설계했다"고 말했다.

Translates to:

Widened the operating temperature of the mob(motherboard I would imagine). From minus 20 ℃ to 60 ℃ Operating images are available. Woo soft pita manager, "the maximum is 60 ℃ the unit will work without any problem" and "sun malfunction that may occur at high temperatures, has been redesigned and minimized," he said.

This Ebay seller says its avail now?? May wait a bit to more to see.

Will like to check What is Parking mode on/off. So when we are driving, the mode suppose to be on or off? What about park the car over night? Sorry to ask that coz' I am totally confused.

Will like to check What is Parking mode on/off. So when we are driving, the mode suppose to be on or off? What about park the car over night? Sorry to ask that coz' I am totally confused.

When parking mode is turned on, no motion or shock detected for 10mins, it will go to standby. No recording, writting to microSD card. When motion or shock sensor triggered, video will be written to microSD card. But do note power must be supplied to the camera 24/7 for this parking mode to work.

When parking mode is turned off, recording will stop when power supplied is turned off, like shut off car engine. Recording will only happen when powered is supplied to it again, like starting the car engine.

For 24/7 surveillance, keep parking mode turned on.

For drive recording only, keep parking mode turned off.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, I just got my first black vue 380 and would like to seek some advice on the following:

1) Is the power pro necessary if I drive my car everyday. I will use the parking mode for approx 12 hours and I'm off to work...

2) Does anyone has overheating problems? Mine heats up really quickly after 2-3 hours of use! So I am just setting it to event and parking mode recording.

Thanks!

When parking mode is turned on, no motion or shock detected for 10mins, it will go to standby. No recording, writting to microSD card. When motion or shock sensor triggered, video will be written to microSD card. But do note power must be supplied to the camera 24/7 for this parking mode to work.

When parking mode is turned off, recording will stop when power supplied is turned off, like shut off car engine. Recording will only happen when powered is supplied to it again, like starting the car engine.

For 24/7 surveillance, keep parking mode turned on.

For drive recording only, keep parking mode turned off.

Thx for the information. [:)]

let's just say the heat range is somewat between dr350 and dr400; slightly lower than dr400.

again, it's been about a couple weeks i'm on it 24/7 and still working.

Hi, any additional update on your DR380? Still OK? May I know how much you paid for it?

I am thinking of getting a DR380 to replace my existing DR350 in the front windshield. The other brands normally use USB type power plug unlike the Blackvue. Do not want to re-wire my concealed power cable which I will have to do if I change to a non Blackvue camera.

Hi, any additional update on your DR380? Still OK? May I know how much you paid for it?

I am thinking of getting a DR380 to replace my existing DR350 in the front windshield. The other brands normally use USB type power plug unlike the Blackvue. Do not want to re-wire my concealed power cable which I will have to do if I change to a non Blackvue camera.

so far no issue, recording n gps workin (tell by indicator). but i nvr download n reformat after my last post. think should be quite stable liao.

wait till warranty almost due then i download to c if there's any deterioration in video / software.

so far no issue, recording n gps workin (tell by indicator). but i nvr download n reformat after my last post. think should be quite stable liao.

wait till warranty almost due then i download to c if there's any deterioration in video / software.

Thanks for the update.

DR350 video quality deteriorating over time?

↡ Advertisement