In Car Vehicle Recorder Part 2

Mazdaowner

New to the camera thing. Can check some questions...

1. Can it record during parking ? If yes, wouldn't u need a lot of disk space. Also, how does the batt work during parking ?

Yes. Set it to overwrite and it will automatic overwrite previous recordings. U will need to tap to external battery for record during parking.

2. Possible to hide those wires ?

Possible

3. What's the range of camera ? Only in front or wider ?

U mean the lens coverage? From 90 degrees to 150 degrees for different models. The wider it goes, the more coverage but u will have difficulty judging distance and clarity at the sides cos of the fish-eye effect.

Thanks.

Reply in red.

↡ Advertisement

Reply in red.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any brands/model that i should filter and look at if i need one that can record during parking and wires all hidden ?

Does all this need self installation or they will install for you ?

If getting a new car, anyone has bought the camera and pass it to the dealer to install ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any brands/model that i should filter and look at if i need one that can record during parking and wires all hidden ?

Look for Korean brands, their cameras usually come with auto-parking mode. Where only when triggered by motion or shock, then it will record. Wiring hidden depends on ur own DIY or installer skill.

Does all this need self installation or they will install for you ?

You can either DIY or just drive to any car accessories shop to do it for you for a price.

If getting a new car, anyone has bought the camera and pass it to the dealer to install ?

Never done it before. But some AD does include in-car camera options. Do note of warranty issues if wiring by 3rd party.

See reply in red

Any recommendations for under $300, need 4 sets with installation. Please pm me if you are vendor, thanks!

What car you driving? there is official BMW that can be installed at the dealer...

Anyone knows if the iRoad V7 bug on motion detection during parking mode has been fixed?

Anyone installed the Lukas LK9750 or 9700?

Is it true that it can record as long as one week before the files get witten over.

Would like to hear your experience of the camera and where you installed them?

1st Gear

Where can I buy lukas car camera in Singapore? The local distributor has only a facebook account which I could not access. Would appreciate if anyone has the contact number.

1st Gear

Hi Mercury 1, thanks for the good review.

May I know if the Lukas can withstand the high temperature if park in open car park.

It seems bigger than the blackvue and aesthetically I think blackvue looks better. But if Lukas operates better under our hot climate, then it is more practical to get Lukas.

Thanks

Contributing to the thread, I ordered a Lukas 7900 Ace Car Camera from eBay just before Xmas and it just arrived. Call me Kiasi but this will be my secondary camera so I wanted something cheap (hence ebay) and relatively reliable. Lukas seem to have won some accolades when dealing with heat which is what killed my blackvue 400 series.

Posted some pictures so you know what to expect.

Received the Lukas Box

attachicon.gifIMG_2029.JPG

Inside the box you will initially find the manual/camera with Lukas 8GB card, apparently this card can resist high temperatures so I will likely not swap it out

attachicon.gifIMG_2031.JPG

Accessories with the camera found at the bottom of the box

attachicon.gifIMG_2032.JPG

The good thing is the camera comes with 2 mounts (they are different types) and 4 sets of sticky tape 2 for each which was pretty decent of the company. They also throw in 2 types of filters.

attachicon.gifIMG_2033.JPG

The Camera itself was quite rough when looked at closely. gaps in the plastic were quite obvious. On / Off Switch and buttons felt cheap if compared to say BlackVue

attachicon.gifIMG_2034.JPG

I did the install myself since I had time to kill, won't go into details on this but here are the camera's side by side. Both come in small packages so when installed concealed from the driver by the mirror.

attachicon.gifIMG_2045.JPG

If I get some time I will compare the video's between the Blackvue 550 and the Lukas and see how they fare, Blackvue has the upper hand in viewing angle, hope the Lukas does not disappoint in the video quality.

Hey guys! There's a guy who's doing in car cameras installation island wide. His prices are very much lower compared to shops and is very reliable! I just installed the iroad V7 2ch camera on my Forester! Very knowledgeable chap. You guys can contact him at 86821003 Sky.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hey, glad you enjoyed the review.

To be frank the Lukas shuts down when the car does and only the blackvue runs throughout. I am using the older Blackvue 550 model and so far it has not given any overheating issues but it does run very hot.

To be honest I believe the Lukas would run better on a whole because

- Lukas runs cooler when compared the Blackvue if both are operating

- Lukas uses normal SD card which seems tougher compared to the mico SD card which the blackvue uses

- Overall video seems sharper on the Lukas (Even when I compare to the Blackvue 650)

- Recording size seems smaller (which means the Lukas holds more video)

- Lukas is noted to have the highest operating temp compared against all model.

Check out the Iroad as well, many forum members seems to vouch for its reliability and its quite good looking as well.

Hi Mercury 1, thanks for the good review.

May I know if the Lukas can withstand the high temperature if park in open car park.

It seems bigger than the blackvue and aesthetically I think blackvue looks better. But if Lukas operates better under our hot climate, then it is more practical to get Lukas.

Thanks

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Been using htis. V impresseed with the quality. Will post samples later. HD video and fits snugly over the reverse mirror

wow...GREAT...so clear!