Do foreign workers have the right to stop traffic?

Phuakangtao

Neutral Newbie

I'm thinking what legal rights and expertise rights do they have to stop and guide traffic. I saw one foreign worker holding a stop sign and show the sign right in my face while signalling me to go and it was messy. There were three trucks waiting to turn into the site. Are they authorized to do that? They don't look trained in traffic wardenship.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

As usual, don't blindly follow signs. Look out for traffic, exercise some initiative and be wary.

Some workers may have intention for you to stop, but seeing that you are only one vehicle, they on-the-spot ask you to move on. Else have to hold you up for three trucks - waste your time, right?

I don't think there is any formalised training for them as it is a simple job, usually done by those workers on light duties. Neither do I think they have any "legal right" to stop traffic - but certainly you risk your life and your vehicle if you ignore their signs/signals [rolleyes]

I'm thinking what legal rights and expertise rights do they have to stop and guide traffic. I saw one foreign worker holding a stop sign and show the sign right in my face while signalling me to go and it was messy. There were three trucks waiting to turn into the site. Are they authorized to do that? They don't look trained in traffic wardenship.

so you are saying that if its a singaporean holding the sign it should be ok? :wacko:

would the answer be different if a blur toad singaporean worker were to hold a stop sign and starts to direct traffic at a job site instead of a FT? ^_^

Supersonic

If the person is a blur sotong and dont know how to direct traffic orderly, whether that person is foreigner, local or even TP also same. [:p]

Turbocharged

dun be too hard on foreign workers lah

the poor guy holding the STOP/GO sign has to stand in the sun for hours

than how???.................install traffic lights at those job sites better hor............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

than how???.................install traffic lights at those job sites better hor............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hire F1's lollipop man from the pit crews. [laugh]

Turbocharged

let say they dont have legal rights. will you dare to chiong when they show you the no moving sign?? [sly]

even TP will stop when they show the no moving sign. sometimes in life, have to give and take, they are trying to cause as little disruption as possible by having those sign to aid the traffice.

Hire F1's lollipop man from the pit crews. [laugh]

that one more expensive than using the foreman to carry sign and direct traffic wor............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

than how???.................install traffiic lights at those job sites better hor............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Some work sites really got deploy mobile traffic lights leh..... [laugh]

So after you passed by the worker, did you 'smoke' him??? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

with the 3 trucks waiting there, think he kena smoke big time [laugh] [laugh]

Not only FT have this problem, Even local Police also have this problem,

One hand show me a stop sign and the other hand wave me to go, I was like "so its it go or stop" end up i choose to go and he stopped me and ask me why I move my car when he show me stop sign zzzz. So I explained to him that his one hand shows go and the other show stop. Ended up he also nothing to say and ask me to go. [rolleyes] [rolleyes] This happened at a road block.

Some work sites really got deploy mobile traffic lights leh..... [laugh]

wah................so good huh???............ [:/] [:/] [laugh] [laugh]

Not only FT have this problem, Even local Police also have this problem,

One hand show me a stop sign and the other hand wave me to go, I was like "so its it go or stop" end up i choose to go and he stopped me and ask me why I move my car when he show me stop sign zzzz. So I explained to him that his one hand shows go and the other show stop. Ended up he also nothing to say and ask me to go. [rolleyes] [rolleyes] This happened at a road block.

he cannot control his other hand maybe............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement