Home Aircon

BoneStock

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have a sensitive nose,.

My aircon is more than 10 years old. I tend to get blocked nose the next day if the aircon is turned on for the whole night.

Thinking of changing the aircon, would the newer models help?

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If you want good aircon fixup service, look for Hong Tar at Bukit Batok. They are not the cheapest around but highly reputable in Renotalk. Look for catherine. I got the Mitsubishi starmex split 4 with piping and metal bracket, SGD3900 4 months ago.

Think mine was fixed by them. Do ask for a good team to install because they have a FEW different teams and some are not so good.

Neutral Newbie

I have two aircon in my living room using same remote control.

Recently, one cant be switch ON using the remote control but the other can.

Anyone has cheap, good and reliable aircon technician to recommend?

If not convenience, can pm me.

Tks....

I have a sensitive nose,.

My aircon is more than 10 years old. I tend to get blocked nose the next day if the aircon is turned on for the whole night.

Thinking of changing the aircon, would the newer models help?

Sensitive nose means not advisable to sleep in air con room no matter what type of air cons [:(]

Or u can try to set your air con not too cold [nod]

I use Gain City...and the service is CRAP !!

On the last servicing, I paid for chemical wash and after washing...the master bedroom aircon was not cold anymore. So I called them to come check and they tell me they would have to charge me $400 for checking and if indeed its their fault, they will refund me the money...what crap...IMHO...if I paid them, most likely I would not see the $400 again...they can argue until like dat and I am quite sure they would tell me its something that was fault with my system....so $400 no refund.

I ask another contractor to come...without telling him too much things...I just told him the problem I am facing...he immediately knew what was wrong...the feon gas pipe was not fixed back properly...hence when they top up the gas...after a few days the aircon would go back to be not cold again.

Dun ever buy from them...when I bought the aircon from them...I paid for the higher spec pipping...and still less than 10years...the aircon leaking. Ask them why they said not all will last...depend on your luck. Pui !!

I have now sub my aircon servicing to another smaller aircon company which is doing a much better job than Gain City. 10X thumbs down for them...I will never ever step into another Gain City showroom ever again.

care to share this better contractor? i am getting shit from gain city too. appointment need to wait 2 weeks, cannot solve problem

Hello, i am also facing some issues with the aircon. sometimes the condenser will become ice.

no air flow thru. does acid cleaning help. ???

Thanks

Hello, i am also facing some issues with the aircon. sometimes the condenser will become ice.

no air flow thru. does acid cleaning help. ???

Thanks

When was the last time u service yr air-con?

Any air-con technician would be able to solve yr common problem.

When was the last time u service yr air-con?

Any air-con technician would be able to solve yr common problem.

I think was a few months back. should be less than a year.

any good contractor to recommend ? Thanks

Hi,

I have 3 aircon units in my 5 rooms flat, but have not turn on for sometime. Recently, my son turn on his room air con, & there was water leaking from the other room air con unit which was not turn on at all. So would it be due to clogging of the piping? Thank you

Hi,

I have 3 aircon units in my 5 rooms flat, but have not turn on for sometime. Recently, my son turn on his room air con, & there was water leaking from the other room air con unit which was not turn on at all. So would it be due to clogging of the piping? Thank you

probably clog pipes.

just get a contractor to clear and should fix the problem

probably clog pipes.

just get a contractor to clear and should fix the problem

Hi bro,

Thanks for your reply:)

Am wondering, if clod pipes water leaking usually will be on the aircon unit that is running. But the leaking was on the other unit which was not running. Could it be some other problems?

Supersonic

Hi bro,

Thanks for your reply:)

Am wondering, if clod pipes water leaking usually will be on the aircon unit that is running. But the leaking was on the other unit which was not running. Could it be some other problems?

It's always a clogged pipe, otherwise where does the water come from ?

It's from the moisture in the air condensed by the aircon.

Why the other unit appears to be leaking may be the 2 pipes are joined together and the nearest one to the clog gets to "leak" first. It's just back flow since the water can't go down the discharge pipe.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Come to think of it, my current National aircon was installed in year 1998 (wow! 16 years already).

It is now not cold despite having topped up the gas a few weeks ago. How many years are aircons supposed to last?

Thinking of going to Gain City to get a new unit. Do you folks have any value-for-money brands/models to recommend?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Albeniz

(edited)

check out mitsubishi heavy industry aircon ... not mitsubishi electric

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Come to think of it, my current National aircon was installed in year 1998 (wow! 16 years already).

It is now not cold despite having topped up the gas a few weeks ago. How many years are aircons supposed to last?

Thinking of going to Gain City to get a new unit. Do you folks have any value-for-money brands/models to recommend?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would recommend Mitsubishi Electric.... not the cheapest but it can last...... quiet, and with regular maintenance... 1 to twice a year..... it never give any problem...... of course the installation play a part...... Gain City technician not bad, but got to pay a slight premium..... and I always set to around 26, already bloody cold..... ^_^

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

1. No you cannot reuse the existing copper piping. your home piping were meant to conduct the old type of refrigerant known as R22A which has been phased out. R410A the replacement has significant differences in terms of saturation temperature and pressure. you need to get the contractor to reroute a new set of duplicate piping for your case.

2. Depends on the loading imposed on the compressor. Due to the variable loading capability of the inverter tech, it is possible.

3. To simplify matters, visit NEA and look at the idle loading + full loading figures for all the displayed split a/c systems. pick the one which fits your bill.

Bro....for condo, all the piping are inside the wall.

Now I feel like changing one of my blower unit, but not feasible to change piping leh.....have to hack a few walls??

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement