Home Aircon

BoneStock

Can I have Simon's contact to do annual servicing of my Mitsubishi 3 FCU + compressor fins wash?

Is he an older person? Reason I ask is because my compressor is on a high-rise ledge. Service man must climb out of window, then climb to the ledge wearing safety harness. 18 floors up. I do not want him to endanger himself while climbing over. If he is not in the best state of agility. 

Hypersonic
15 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah I don't like pasting stuff on walls. Passed down habit from my mother.
And also i want my AC remote within my reach. 

Even my workplace, first thing in morning, I step into the room is to take the AC remote off the wall holder and put it where i can reach it.

Haha I see. 

If you happen to find the holders, let me know bro. I get 3 off you and will go pick from you.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thinking of adding an aircon to one more room. So may be changing my System-2 aircon to System-3.

The previous System-2 is still working in great condition.   Is there anyway I could salvage the old parts or opt for a upgrade so that I don't have to pay the full price?

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Thinking of adding an aircon to one more room. So may be changing my System-2 aircon to System-3.

The previous System-2 is still working in great condition.   Is there anyway I could salvage the old parts or opt for a upgrade so that I don't have to pay the full price?

depends on how old the system is. but highly unlikely.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

It’s the change of compressor only right? The room units would remain.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Only the 2 fan coils amd pipings got chance to be reused. But the installer will end up with 2 spare fan coils! You still got to buang the compressor unit. 

Just add a single split if the power point can take it is simplest. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Only the 2 fan coils amd pipings got chance to be reused. But the installer will end up with 2 spare fan coils! You still got to buang the compressor unit. 

Just add a single split if the power point can take it is simplest. 

Good idea!

Currently there is already 1 compressor (system-2) operating outside the window of the HDB master bed room (usually every one puts their compressor there).

Can I install another compressor in another room?  I thinking looking up my flat from downstairs, my family would be the only one with this extra compressor along the whole column (if that arrangement is possible).  Also, I think I may need to hack open the wall under the window to put the additional bracket/compressor there.

Small house

(edited)
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

Good idea!

Currently there is already 1 compressor (system-2) operating outside the window of the HDB master bed room (usually every one puts their compressor there).

Can I install another compressor in another room?  I thinking looking up my flat from downstairs, my family would be the only one with this extra compressor along the whole column (if that arrangement is possible).  Also, I think I may need to hack open the wall under the window to put the additional bracket/compressor there.

Small house

some brand actually can use the same compressor for system 2 and system 3....  if you know your existing setup, can check up with aircon guys, else just get a a new compressor and a fan coil assuming your existing setup is not too old. a lot aircon shops can sell like that one, pricing wise you have to do your homework lor....

additional compressor? where to put and additional power point are the first things to consider, also if both compressors run at the same time, will it be too heavy especially for older hdb's circuit breaker?

Edited by Ahwhye

Don't buy the brand 'Trentios' for aircon. Too unreliable, difficult to service and parts are not readily available, and their maintenance/repair team of technicians will take a long time to have any slot for even repairs...

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

Don't buy the brand 'Trentios' for aircon. Too unreliable, difficult to service and parts are not readily available, and their maintenance/repair team of technicians will take a long time to have any slot for even repairs...

Never heard before.... so cold door brand.

• Haha! 3

How would you check a pre-existing AC's condition if taking over?
It's <5 years old Starmex, so not really keen to change.

Just run it for a few hours and check for water leaks?
Other than service the thing. Anything else the servicing person can check on the health of the unit?

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

How would you check a pre-existing AC's condition if taking over?
It's <5 years old Starmex, so not really keen to change.

Just run it for a few hours and check for water leaks?
Other than service the thing. Anything else the servicing person can check on the health of the unit?

used unit for reinstall? or and installed unit at your "new" place.

i would just switch it on and use. if spoil then fix or replace.

Just now, Mkl22 said:

used unit for reinstall? or and installed unit at your "new" place.

i would just switch it on and use. if spoil then fix or replace.

The latter. 

I'm wondering whether just let my normal cleaning guy "service" aka just clean the FCUs.
Or need to call someone else in to check.

I'll probably just test run and see if got any issues.

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The latter. 

I'm wondering whether just let my normal cleaning guy "service" aka just clean the FCUs.
Or need to call someone else in to check.

I'll probably just test run and see if got any issues.

Just check whether it's cold, that's all. The rest is maintenance issue, like not cold, drain clog.

Recently, I took out the blower (finally know how to dismantle it) to clean. Clean the drain pan.

After that it was not cold, maintenance guy (an acquaintance) came and suggest chemical cleaning.

In the end, I clean the coils, fcu and compressor, myself, (cleaning solution and high pressure washer) and it got colder. I'm still not happy, maybe I'll check the fan capacitor next.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3