Home Aircon

BoneStock

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

This grille. Other than to prevent dumb people from putting his finger in to touch the moving fan, I see no purpose?

Got rust one…na bei.

7D90A680-4281-40D9-8439-F4E2FA53FD15.jpeg

As for the flap, I see something like a plastic screw on the other end so wondering if can be remove.

How do you guys DIY clean the fan blades?

Mine doesn't have that. It's so high up for any unassuming kiddo to reach it...

However, yes, there are dumb adults out there though...like retrieving wind mirror or cycling along the expressway for example...😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Need to remove the whole cover. Then unscrew the side of the fan mount. Unscrew the locking screw within the fan blade. Lift the coiling coil slightly and slide the fan blades out. I do this fan blade cleaning like once a year.

I bring the entire fan blade roller to the bathroom, switch on my Worx Hydroshot and blast away the dust and dirt attached to the fan blades.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

This grille. Other than to prevent dumb people from putting his finger in to touch the moving fan, I see no purpose?

Got rust one…na bei.

As for the flap, I see something like a plastic screw on the other end so wondering if can be remove.

Mine also no grille. Probably different models.

After setting up the cover, I clean the blower with high pressure water jet. I find it much easier than removing the blower.

https://shopee.sg/New-Air-Conditioner-Cleaning-Cover-Waterproof-Cleaning-Dust-Washing-Cover-Clean-Protector-White-Household-Tools-i.314130759.6661007786

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Need to remove the whole cover. Then unscrew the side of the fan mount. Unscrew the locking screw within the fan blade. Lift the coiling coil slightly and slide the fan blades out. I do this fan blade cleaning like once a year.

I bring the entire fan blade roller to the bathroom, switch on my Worx Hydroshot and blast away the dust and dirt attached to the fan blades.

Taking out always easier than putting back 😅

Any difficulty putting back?

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Mine also no grille. Probably different models.

After setting up the cover, I clean the blower with high pressure water jet. I find it much easier than removing the blower.

https://shopee.sg/New-Air-Conditioner-Cleaning-Cover-Waterproof-Cleaning-Dust-Washing-Cover-Clean-Protector-White-Household-Tools-i.314130759.6661007786

Use high water pressure jet in room? I cannot la…haha.

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

No difficulty. However, when new, a bit difficult. After a few times, pretty much "loose" already so easier.:D

• Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

No difficulty. However, when new, a bit difficult. After a few times, pretty much "loose" already so easier.:D

Hmmmmm…..😁

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Hmmmmm…..😁

Like all things...don't be too uptight when thing gets loose after a while...it's known as seasoned...😁

• Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Putting the blower back needs a bit of adjustment. Use a torchlight (headlight is easier, so you have both hands to work) and shine at the right side where the motor is. You will find a slot, this is where the screw needs to sit into. Otherwise, it will not hold the blower properly. The right side of the blower is a rubber thingy where it rest on the chassis.

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

@Fcw75

How come yours doesn't seem to have the louvre to close the opening when not in use? 

Industrial type of fan coil? 

7D90A680-4281-40D9-8439-F4E2FA53FD15.thumb.jpeg.25dbadf8f09c55f30a63b428443236fb.jpg

R (3).jpg

Have bro. Just above the black metal grille in the photo. 😁

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Putting the blower back needs a bit of adjustment. Use a torchlight (headlight is easier, so you have both hands to work) and shine at the right side where the motor is. You will find a slot, this is where the screw needs to sit into. Otherwise, it will not hold the blower properly. The right side of the blower is a rubber thingy where it rest on the chassis.

Thanks for the info bro. 

At last, gotten the aircon men come and check. Turns out, no more gas. So will be arranging with them to do checking before topping up any gas. If not waste money to top up gas.

Pressure testing of gas pipes will cost me $320. Need to arrange another day.

• Shocked 1

Pressure testing in progress. Need to monitor the Pressure gauge everyday and see if got drop in Pressure for each indoor unit. They used nitrogen for this test.

20211030_154308.thumb.jpg.8027995d2e5d385a574bcf4b94608ab1.jpg

• Praise 4

25 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Pressure testing in progress. Need to monitor the Pressure gauge everyday and see if got drop in Pressure for each indoor unit. They used nitrogen for this test.

How old and did you chemical clean or remove anything the last 6mths. 
typically something leaks after the pipes are removed. 
thus with my new units. I only pressure wash insitu. No more taking down to chem wash if I pressure wash it every 4mths or so. Will be clean enough

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Few days no aircon?? 😅

Pray for cooling weather.

45 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

How old and did you chemical clean or remove anything the last 6mths. 
typically something leaks after the pipes are removed. 
thus with my new units. I only pressure wash insitu. No more taking down to chem wash if I pressure wash it every 4mths or so. Will be clean enough

Around 8 years old. Never chemical wash before. Previously, did replace 1 indoor unit, 2 years ago.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1