Truck driver use of handphone during driving

Mazda2gal

How often do you find a vehicle road-hogging because the driver is on the phone and using one only hand to steer the wheel? How often do you find vehicles cruising in a zig-zag manner because the driver is on the phone?

I do have many encounters with them, and seriously, many are truck and lorry drivers. I think they just do not have the habit of using hands-free set.

post-52368-1343027067_thumb.jpg

One day I was riding in my colleague's car and happened to see a truck driver using handphone while driving, so I took pics of him and truck, just found the time to send them to TP. I know many people would say I'm too kaypoh but I believe if we try hard enough, we'll have safer roads in SG.

post-52368-1343026961_thumb.jpgpost-52368-1343026974_thumb.jpg[att

achment=70779:20120712_130603.jpg]

Dear Officer,

I wish to report traffic violation by driver of YN511Y on 12th July about 1.05pm. He was using handphone while driving. He was at the T-junction of Ulu Pandan Road and Clementi Road, waiting to make a left turn from Ulu Pandan to Clementi.

I was a passenger in a car on Clementi Road, waiting to turn right onto Ulu Pandan Road. I've taken several consecutive shots of this vehicle and driver, which I attach in this email.

I hope actions will be taken against this errant driver for the safety of other road users. I'm willing to support your investigations in any ways necessary.

Reported by

post-52368-1343026987_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement