Why squeaky noises when turning?

Kelpie

Hi all,

I did wheel alignment recently but why there is still squeaky noise when the car is turning at MSCP when going down slope?

Please advise me and Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I did wheel alignment recently but why there is still squeaky noise when the car is turning at MSCP when going down slope?

Regards,

tyre design n compound

Because MSCP surface is not Tarmac so ur tyres will squeak.

Hi all,

Regards,

Because MSCP surface is not Tarmac so ur tyres will squeak.

So no wonder what kind of tyres we used, it will surely squeak?

Regards,

The two front wheels are not entirely level.

They do not turn the same degrees! Also it's angle of contact with the ground changes, you can see a older BMW or Mercedes front wheel when it's turned full lock. The tyres are so angled that it looks weird. The tyre contact with the ground only the edge of the tyre tread.

I suppose it was design this way when taking a fast corner, where the suspension will compress and make the tyre contact 'full' again.

But when doing a slow turn only the edges of tyre are in contact, and coupled with the 'smooth' cement floor in MSCP, the tyres rubber is 'rubbing' along and it also roll.

The rubbing of the two front wheels on the smooth floor cause the sound to be heard.

On the rough asphalt, the rubbing sound will be lower in frequency.

Same when your wear a yellow sole, badminton shoes, it will screech and make a high pitch sound when you rub it on smooth cement floor.

But think cos ur tires r good that's y got sound

If tires are all harden cos old or not grippy tyre

I dun think there is any sound cos no grip

Btw what tires u using?

The two front wheels are not entirely level.

They do not turn the same degrees! Also it's angle of contact with the ground changes, you can see a older BMW or Mercedes front wheel when it's turned full lock. The tyres are so angled that it looks weird. The tyre contact with the ground only the edge of the tyre tread.

I suppose it was design this way when taking a fast corner, where the suspension will compress and make the tyre contact 'full' again.

They are designed this way to allow a tighter turning circle than the normal looking front wheels - that's why many a time my old Merc can do U-turns at traffic lights easily whereas many other cars got to do 3 point turn.

↡ Advertisement