Car camera recommendation

Pelican

http://www.foxoffer.com/car-dash-camera-car-dvr-ntk96650-car-dvr-c-15_70.html?zenid=3rtiu29kurd3bubilrbpk82203

Plenty of choices here all for less than $100. I bought a "Blackview" model (price dropped since! :-( .. ) 3-4 months ago, and am glad to report that the image quality is very, very good, even for night video, and it has been functioning without problems.

Get either the NTK96650 or Ambarella chip DVRs with Wide Dynamic Range for good night performance. No problem in identifying registration plate numbers from the videos.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For those that have not gotten any camera bec still deciding what model to buy, I advice just install anyone.

I had an accident last year in January when my car kissed a taxi on his left bumper bec a taxi change lane suddenly to turn left to a small lane to pick up a passenger when he is on middle lane that indicates straight only.

Taxi claim he is on outer most left lane that is turning left and got someone dash across so he brake and I hit him.. Super liar.

Lucky I got the cam and just showing him on the outer lane and it's at 45 degree angle.

I just got informed by workshop that after 14 months, I managed to claim back 100% and this year renewal in April will have all my NCB back

• Praise 5

http://www.foxoffer.com/car-dash-camera-car-dvr-ntk96650-car-dvr-c-15_70.html?zenid=3rtiu29kurd3bubilrbpk82203

Get either the NTK96650 or Ambarella chip DVRs with Wide Dynamic Range for good night performance. No problem in identifying registration plate numbers from the videos.

Just get G1W and install for $30. All in for $100. Dun need to sweat it... FYI, G1W holds up well under the hot sun

• Praise 1

Anyone keen to do group deal as in purchase together and go workshop install together? It will be cheaper tat way. Let me know.

Anyone keen to do group deal as in purchase together and go workshop install together? It will be cheaper tat way. Let me know.

Can describe the model and the damage?

Review can be read from here:

http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

(Same make just different model number)

S$70 for a relatively good performance camera. Burned under our hot SG sun also dun feel pain... haha

Got this from Aliexpress. Using it now.

Only problem is that the power cable from below makes it sag to one side, so need to constantly adjust. Don't have a power cable coming up from above...

Cheap camera don't have a locked positon.

Just get G1W and install for $30. All in for $100. Dun need to sweat it... FYI, G1W holds up well under the hot sun

Sorry this install means routing the power cable to coming down from the ceiling?

Have the above problem.

Got this from Aliexpress. Using it now.

Only problem is that the power cable from below makes it sag to one side, so need to constantly adjust. Don't have a power cable coming up from above...

Cheap camera don't have a locked positon.

Sorry this install means routing the power cable to coming down from the ceiling?

Have the above problem.

Yes, G1W power input on top left hand corner. Ask the installer connect the power cable to fuse , and run inside the side pillars n along top of windscreen to come down where u want to position your car cam

Neutral Newbie

Functions: (main functions)

Camcorder, Camera, Playback mode.

Camcorder:

1080 (Full HD) 1920x1080

1080P 1440x1080

720P 1280 x 780

WVGA 484x480

VGA 640x480

QVGA 320x240

Loop Recording (not really explored it yet)

Motion Detection - Cant say its really worth it. Specifically driving in night, it struggles to recognise that there is movement and so the filming stops mid way, so I disabled it. It seems that it only catches movement in the dark that is immediately in front of the car (few feet range)

Audio recording (On / Off)

Date / Time stamp imprint on the video (On / Off)

G Sensor (2G, 4G, 8G, Off)

Camera:

Timer

Resolution Still trying to work out, there are many!

Sequence - Seems to be just a burst shot

AntiShake.

I find the camera is excellent quality, but on its HD setting runs a very large file (as expected) so you would need a large memory card (class 10 would be best) to get the most out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0UBW0kRpfw

can hit me at 97366478.

post-142436-0-25544800-1395718776_thumb.jpg

post-142436-0-96437800-1395718787_thumb.jpg

Edited by supersheep

Bro I haven't found anytg yet. Am thinking abt blackvue maybe 50 to 100 range from qoo10 or other websites. Then go instal at workshop tog. Or is it cheaper to buy n install fr those shops that sell the cam or bulk basis? 2 car prob cannot bargain much...any advice from bros out there?

Bro I haven't found anytg yet. Am thinking abt blackvue maybe 50 to 100 range from qoo10 or other websites. Then go instal at workshop tog. Or is it cheaper to buy n install fr those shops that sell the cam or bulk basis? 2 car prob cannot bargain much...any advice from bros out there?

DIY! I just installed one on my friend's Altis. Cable hidden behind the a-pillar. 20 min job.

Bro. this one is USD600++.. u sure u wan this as a supplement?? It'll be more ex than ur car cam!

And how would u use this to supplement ur car cam? just curious.... as rear cam or side cam?

As a headcam, giving a 4K POV of what the driver is seeing. Have you seen 1080p file downsample from 4K? License plate going to come out very very clear. Only thing not sure now is the performance at night.

It maybe USD 600, but it will be priceless in an accident.

↡ Advertisement