Car camera recommendation

Pelican

(edited)

Dashboard cameras are also known as dash cams, dashcams, car cameras, car DVRs, or even accident recorders (although they do record a lot more than just accidents — see below). They are becoming ever more popular, and there is a huge variety of devices on the market already, mostly from small or little-known manufacturers.

有说好像没有说... haiz...

Budget wise go for G1W US$60 (buy from china website)

More atas go for itronics ITB-100HD

Lagi more atas got $400 ones...

Installation n run wiring inside is $30 (for 1 cam la...) at soon lee (geylang Lor 39)

Lidat OK boh? [sunny]

Edited by Lurpsexx

(edited)

Any recommendation of accessories shop (in the east or ard bukit merah/queenstown area) that sell car cam plus installation so the cam can continue to record even in parking position?

My apology if it has been discussed cos it's urgent for my friend who got harassed by neighbor's loanshark. I'm lack of time to go through the whole thread....

PLease spoon feed me... thanks!!! [sweatdrop]

Edited by Bluepica

Any recommendation of accessories shop (in the east or ard bukit merah/queenstown area) that sell car cam plus installation so the cam can continue to record even in parking position?

My apology if it has been discussed cos it's urgent for my friend who got harassed by neighbor's loanshark. I'm lack of time to go through the whole thread....

PLease spoon feed me... thanks!!! [sweatdrop]

Budget?

Installation at Soon Lee Geylang Lor 39. Dunno they sell car cam or not. call them la...

(edited)

If you are thinking of getting battery pack to power the cam during parking and over night, make sure your driving time on the road in longer enough to charge up the battery pack. Otherwise, you might want to buy extra and bring it home to charge and swap battery.

Everyday swap battery also leh chey. End up I take the risk and wire to car fuse box to power the cam.

Edited by Unic

Budget?

Installation at Soon Lee Geylang Lor 39. Dunno they sell car cam or not. call them la...

Thanks... later I going down to SLS with her to check on the cam... I remember there's a shop at level 5 or 6 sells a lot dash cam...

Why usually the dash cam specs does not mention the number of pixel of the lens? mostly only says the angle capability of the lens.... What is the min lens pixel needed for a clear car plate to be capture both at night and day when the car is moving?

Thanks... later I going down to SLS with her to check on the cam... I remember there's a shop at level 5 or 6 sells a lot dash cam...

Why usually the dash cam specs does not mention the number of pixel of the lens? mostly only says the angle capability of the lens.... What is the min lens pixel needed for a clear car plate to be capture both at night and day when the car is moving?

Bro, better avoid SLS. Not known for budget prices...

pixels not so impt. most impt choose resolution = 1920x 1080p. angle shld be abve140 degrees to be useful. choose those with WDR so that night video is clear. most car cams fps now is 30. not fast enuf at night to see the number plates of cars moving on the sides, but front shld be clear. day video should be good. These types already have at US$60 in online china website. G1W is such a budget model. go online search and buy. then install locally

• Praise 1

Supercharged

thanks, i also just bought a G1W from ebay.

hopefully it is a good unit and don't spoil easily..

thanks, i also just bought a G1W from ebay.

hopefully it is a good unit and don't spoil easily..

shld be OK... for US$60, can't hiam much.. but the chipsets quite OK .. I got 3 sets and 2 still working after 4 mths day n night use... 1 set kaput... MIC ma... :mellow:

anyone use it for the rear cam as well? im looking for a front & rear unit

Buy 2 car cams lo.. run 2 sets of wires internally .. one to front n one to back n tap to fuse.. the car installers know how to do this... $30 x 2 nia... ask for separate switches to turn each one on n off individually so that you can turn on the cams even when ur engine off... tap to fuse use the car batt..

haha it's u!!

i believe most brands got parking mode function should come with batt pack? i also need 1 that can tahan SG weather...which brand u using now?

Using DOD LS430w ... No parking mode ... No batt pack lol

Bought it mainly for WDR

anyone use it for the rear cam as well? im looking for a front & rear unit

My Itronics is only for the front and I intend to get one for the rear as well.

Also, need to look for workshop to do the installation.