Car camera recommendation

Pelican

On 9/26/2020 at 9:51 PM, Dannnn said:

Any dash cam that is 1080P , with mobile app and also act as a volt meter type? so that it will auto cut off once voltage is low, at least still can start car.

DDPai. 2k ones also less than $100, why stick to 1080p? Mini 3 or mini 2 (with the direct connection smart cable kit) should suit you. I have the mini 2 just dekitted from my ex car. Still working after 3.5 year. Only issue is, if parked under hot sun it may auto off until car is restarted and air con cools it down.

Am contemplating to get the mini 5 4K cam next with 4G sim for remote monitoring. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

DDPai. 2k ones also less than $100, why stick to 1080p? Mini 3 or mini 2 (with the direct connection smart cable kit) should suit you. I have the mini 2 just dekitted from my ex car. Still working after 3.5 year. Only issue is, if parked under hot sun it may auto off until car is restarted and air con cools it down.

Am contemplating to get the mini 5 4K cam next with 4G sim for remote monitoring. 

wa seems good, but its not a 2CH cam right? 

I bought 70mai A800 car dash camera with front and rear 4k resolution.

Previously, I have the 70mai Pro and I was already very happy with the performance.

The specifications of this new 70mai A800 look much better than the 70mai Pro however, I have not installed yet.

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Can paste link here or not?

mine just kaput ...

Seriously, not willing to pay over 300-500 bucks for a in-car cam...😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

Previously, I have the 70mai Pro and I was already very happy with the performance.

The specifications of this new 70mai A800 look much better than the 70mai Pro however, I have not installed yet.

I'm using, very solid cam, u won't regret, damn clear, only the rear not so clear. 

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

Can paste link here or not?

mine just kaput ...

Seriously, not willing to pay over 300-500 bucks for a in-car cam...😅

So lazy... OK just for you :

https://shopee.sg/product/163468011/7946603145?smtt=0.198525762-1601286606.3

Something like this. Just search DDPai on Shopee or other sites. Buy the cable for parking monitoring. 

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

So lazy... OK just for you :

https://shopee.sg/product/163468011/7946603145?smtt=0.198525762-1601286606.3

Something like this. Just search DDPai on Shopee or other sites. Buy the cable for parking monitoring. 

Not lazy but so many models to choose from..so need your direct link 😅😅
Thanks.. 🙏🏻🙇‍♀

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Ok.. will install DDPAI.. 

Thanks..

At this type of low prices, even buy one as spare (the slot-in Mini 3 etc just pull out and slot in the spare one if spoilt) still worth it. I haven't decided between the mini 5 or mini 3 or Dual cam X series. 

I am currently using 2x Itronics ITB100. Both were from previous car and had been operating > 6 years each. They are still working, video quality is still great, but I wonder which current models would you guys recommend that is comparable to ITB100s? Number 1 criteria is proven reliability (Don't mind paying more for reliability, but not for features I don't need). No need many features like wifi, parking mode, screen, built-in batt. 1080p is enough. Use standard cheap SD cards.

Camping here for info as well. Am using iRoad v9 for 2 years when glares on the videos appeared. Went back to agent to get a replacement recon set since v9 no longer in production. 10 months down the road, same problem appeared. Thinking of moving on to others. Appreciate the input.

8 hours ago, Ray7456 said:

Camping here for info as well. Am using iRoad v9 for 2 years when glares on the videos appeared. Went back to agent to get a replacement recon set since v9 no longer in production. 10 months down the road, same problem appeared. Thinking of moving on to others. Appreciate the input.

70mai A800 4K Dual Dash Camera Review - GPS & WiFi

• Praise 3

For 70mai car camera, especially this A800 model, they have rear camera as well as this "Hardwire Kit". Could I check if the hardwire kit works like a battery cut off thingy (ie. if the car is parked for a few days, it will auto cut off the battery if it falls below a preset level so that you can still start the car normally). Another thing is, does this need to go to the 12V socket? Could it be connected to somewhere else permanently (ie. current iRoad V9 is connected to somewhere with battery supply w/o using the 12V socket). Lastly, you guys get this online and buy the so called "International or English" edition right. Loads of questions but thanks in advance. First time changing car camera since the car came with a pre-installed set.

Edited by Ray7456

1 hour ago, Ray7456 said:

For 70mai car camera, especially this A800 model, they have rear camera as well as this "Hardwire Kit". Could I check if the hardwire kit works like a battery cut off thingy (ie. if the car is parked for a few days, it will auto cut off the battery if it falls below a preset level so that you can still start the car normally). Another thing is, does this need to go to the 12V socket? Could it be connected to somewhere else permanently (ie. current iRoad V9 is connected to somewhere with battery supply w/o using the 12V socket). Lastly, you guys get this online and buy the so called "International or English" edition right. Loads of questions but thanks in advance. First time changing car camera since the car came with a pre-installed set.

The battery cut off voltage can be set.  It is already present in the earlier 70mai Pro version (I have this version in both of my cars).  The battery tapping should be from any power supply using the hardwire kit.

The easier version for most of us is the international English language version but it is more costly than the Chinese language version.  The latest firmware allows 4k rear camera resolution also.

2 hours ago, awhtc said:

The battery cut off voltage can be set.  It is already present in the earlier 70mai Pro version (I have this version in both of my cars).  The battery tapping should be from any power supply using the hardwire kit.

The easier version for most of us is the international English language version but it is more costly than the Chinese language version.  The latest firmware allows 4k rear camera resolution also.

Thank you so much. Let me source for the unit first. May still come back for help here thereafter.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, awhtc said:

Just check for this model does it record upon impact when your car engine is off ?

↡ Advertisement