Car camera recommendation

Pelican

33 minutes ago, Eugenenana said:

Hi. Anyone know where to replace this reverse camera? 

48F14B8F-306F-4441-A3D3-8C12FDA09A61.JPG

1F6B3E2D-2AF6-4A5E-9C7E-976D6D55736C.JPG

752ECBE4-8F59-40FA-8798-F1F24C009D20.JPG

D3FEAE2C-3269-455D-993F-9D518548FB77.JPG

What car is it? 

Go to Autotrend at Toa Payoh and look for boss Darren. He will find something similar.

29 minutes ago, darkwish said:

need to shift my thinkware f770 to another car cause coe expiring. any recommendations that does this without ripping you off? thanks

13 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

I have bought my own car camera , need a reliable workshop to help install, any recommendation

Thank you in advance 

Autotrend at Toa Payoh. Look for boss Darren.

Have used them for horns, cameras, stereo stuff, etc. More than capable to do the stuff you need.

57 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

I have bought my own car camera , need a reliable workshop to help install, any recommendation

Thank you in advance 

So far I always install myself.... Quite easy. Just need to know where your fuse boxes are and which is ACC and which is VCC. 

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

So far I always install myself.... Quite easy. Just need to know where your fuse boxes are and which is ACC and which is VCC. 

Thanks.  What is considered easy for you, U cannot assumed the same for others. 

• Haha! 1

I paid $50 to install front and rear cameras.  The installer took 1 hour+ to remove my old set up and install the new set up.  It did not look easy to me because he used some tools to pull the signal and electrical cables around and hardwire the electrical cables to the correct wires (I hope so).

Edited by awhtc

26 minutes ago, awhtc said:

I paid $50 to install front and rear cameras.  The installer took 1 hour+ to remove my old set up and install the new set up.  It did not look easy to me because he used some tools to pull the signal and electrical cables around and hardwire the electrical cables to the correct wires (I hope so).

That's a fair price for their labour and knowledge. 

5 hours ago, narutikli64 said:

did anyone see this

You need a motion sensing car camera.  Scratching is too light to trigger the camera.

A cheaper alternative is to park elsewhere and near CCTV and monitor.

Get one of those that can continue to monitor after car is parked. I set mine to record up to 6 hrs after parking at reduced frame rate (it will auto protect against low voltage with the proper cable). 

After I took over the car, my reverse camera had only worked for a short while and then the display screen turned blue.  Not too sure if it is due to poor connection.

I  have survived because of my excellent parking skills. I grew up in the "long-dio-wu-xia" era where all my previous cars (Charade G102, Hijet, Sunny B11, N16, Presea) came without cameras.

Now with 3rd party cameras so cheaply available, I am thinking of getting a cheap-good one as a replacement alternative to the expensive original.

Do you have one from Shopee or Lazada to recommend?

Edited by Albeniz

On 1/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, Albeniz said:

After I took over the car, my reverse camera had only worked for a short while and then the display screen turned blue.  Not too sure if it is due to poor connection.

I  have survived because of my excellent parking skills. I grew up in the "long-dio-wu-xia" era where all my previous cars (Charade G102, Hijet, Sunny B11, N16, Presea) came without cameras.

Now with 3rd party cameras so cheaply available, I am thinking of getting a cheap-good one as a replacement alternative to the expensive original.

I'm using 70mai A800 with hard wire kit.  All in with installation should be around $300 - not cheap but not expensive either.  To save money, you might wish to check the camera wire connection to your head unit first.

• Praise 1

On 11/01/2021 at 5:23 PM, Albeniz said:

I think most if not all will serve the purpose. Just get one that is small and can be mounted easily. And maybe get a dashcam cum reverse camera monitor rear view mirror to save space and wiring.

• Praise 1

Hi any recommendation for dual cam plus hardwire and installation for 200+? I enquired about the 70mai but I am confused that when parking, it only records when upon impact, I thought last time when I was using Marbella, it captures when they detect motion near by your car like if people loiter around your car, it will record already. Or did i remember wrongly? I thought the motion sensor is important, because sometimes some stupid throw paper rubbish when passing by and that one not big enough to have impact then will not record.

↡ Advertisement