Car camera recommendation

Pelican

BlackVue is good. Great unit with multiple features like parking mode with trigger feature, etc. But the HD version has overheating issue where the unit in operation generates a lot of heat. Price is in $3x0-$40x range.

I have seen BlackVIEW with display integrated on the unit. So far feedback from others gave reliable and quality output. Price is in $1x0 range.

Honestly...forget about BlackVue..I'm using 400HDII...still having overheat problems!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Honestly...forget about BlackVue..I'm using 400HDII...still having overheat problems!!!

Just swap my BV400HD to the season 2 recently, AD told me overheating causing lens to fry is resolved by Pitasoft after a new batch was sent over. Monitoring my "new" unit now on 24x7

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Any workshops to recommend for installation of in-car camera? I want a professional to do it so that the cables are hidden well and neat.

Let me know if you have any workshops in mind.

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Any workshops to recommend for installation of in-car camera? I want a professional to do it so that the cables are hidden well and neat.

Same thinking also.. which camera model u looking at?

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

google soon lee geylang

• Praise 1

Anyone using the korean inavi black clair? Feedback appreciated.

No good 8gb 3hrs more for taxi driving non stop.

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Thinking of getting a car camera..

Anyone using the following brands:

1) Jaewoncnc iroad ione 3800

http://www.navinc.co.kr/mall/m_page.php?ps_pname=iroad3800fu

2) Greencam

http://gk21global.trustpass.alibaba.com/pr...box_camera.html

Any bros using/got use the above cameras?

Need some reviews. Thanks

Edited by Kurtselva
  • Praise 1

My colleague is using the 3800. I have seen the day and night videos, they are pretty good and clear. He did comment that it is hard to align the camera as the holder doesn't have much freedom for adjustment, except to rotate camera up and down. After taking it out for a few times, he broke the holder and got to get a replacement from the seller.

If you have to frequent places that disallow car cameras, do note that it is difficult to remove the cam from the holder as well. Hope it helps.

• Praise 1

My colleague is using the 3800. I have seen the day and night videos, they are pretty good and clear. He did comment that it is hard to align the camera as the holder doesn't have much freedom for adjustment, except to rotate camera up and down. After taking it out for a few times, he broke the holder and got to get a replacement from the seller.

If you have to frequent places that disallow car cameras, do note that it is difficult to remove the cam from the holder as well. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the comment.

Any other issues your colleague facing? Like overheating, battery draining what so ever?

And any idea how much he paid for the cam?

• Praise 1

Thanks for the comment.

Any other issues your colleague facing? Like overheating, battery draining what so ever?

So far so good. He seems pretty happy with it for the past half year that he got it. Sorry, I didn't ask for the price as when he told me it's hard to align without a screen, I dropped the idea of getting it liao. All I know is that he got it from Gmarket. Think there's only 1 seller there. Look for the one that has more reviews.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the comment.

I bought my 3800 6mths ago at offer price of $159.00.Have been using it 24hrs 24/7 until now,no overheating problem so far.As for fixing I do not stick the holder until I found the correct position by recording and checking the video until I am satisfied with it then stick it with the holder permenantly. [wave]

• Praise 1

I bought my 3800 6mths ago at offer price of $159.00.Have been using it 24hrs 24/7 until now,no overheating problem so far.As for fixing I do not stick the holder until I found the correct position by recording and checking the video until I am satisfied with it then stick it with the holder permenantly. [wave]

That is a good offer.. The shop I enquired selling for $250 with installation. But his installation is to the cigarette socket only, not the car battery.

So does your run on a back up battery to prevent the car battery from draining?

That is a good offer.. The shop I enquired selling for $250 with installation. But his installation is to the cigarette socket only, not the car battery.

So does your run on a back up battery to prevent the car battery from draining?

I do not used backup battery,just connect directly to battery.Any way my battery only last 1 yr plus only.It's still better to change battery instead of any incident and no video recording to seek damages.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1