Car camera recommendation

Pelican

Personally i would recommand lukas cam. So far my is working fine for hours in the hot sun.

Mine comes with lcd screen and wifi (distactable).

Come with volt cutoff built-in and filter to block out reflection from yr dash.

Bought 2ch from gadgetz mobile. Can look for Jon or Karen. Very friendly and will answer yr questions but hve to make appt.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

For the innovative minds check out getnarrative clip 2. No power source needed.

Go to YouTube and search getnarrative

Edited by BenTong

Twincharged
(edited)

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fkia.sg%2Fvideos%2F10153540857570079%2F

I think 360 degree camera gonna be a popular choice for in car cam soon. Just need one camera and can capture 360 degrees view. So no need scared accident from side as the video is recorded due video is taken 360 degrees.

Edited by Yewheng

Any recommendation for only front camera as I already dekit my old blackvue dr350 from previous car and plan to use it on the rear on my current car? What's the labour to install if I bring my old camera there at the same time?

Installed the Iroad V9 yesterday as think that more worth it to buy it as a set than use back the old camera.. So far so good on the V9..

Turbocharged

Hi, anyone can advice where to buy the car cam adapter cable?  Any lobang?

what type adapter cable are u referring to? ebay, aliexppress, taobao sure have...

Neutral Newbie

HI

Can someone share their experience using dashcam with parking mode for 24/7 ?

I am trying to get a dash cam for my car.Most important is that it can support 24/7 during

parking mode.

It seem that most is using Blackvue, Iroad and Thinkware. It either connect directly to

your car battery or use an external battery.

I see some post that both method is bad for your car battery and it will shorten the

life of your battery to less than 6 month. Is this truth?

Another problem is that your cam running 24/7 will not last more than 1 year?

My friend also advise the cam need to does  at least 64G memory because

resolution today is high and it cannot record 24hr with 32G memory.

I am not sure how truth is all the above?

Can someone share their experience what car camera you using for 24/7 parking mode?

This is my first time buying dash cam and not much experience. 

Thanks

Ken

You can goto www.autopia.com.sg and take a look...

HI

Can someone share their experience using dashcam with parking mode for 24/7 ?

I am trying to get a dash cam for my car.Most important is that it can support 24/7 during

parking mode.

It seem that most is using Blackvue, Iroad and Thinkware. It either connect directly to

your car battery or use an external battery.

I see some post that both method is bad for your car battery and it will shorten the

life of your battery to less than 6 month. Is this truth?

Another problem is that your cam running 24/7 will not last more than 1 year?

My friend also advise the cam need to does  at least 64G memory because

resolution today is high and it cannot record 24hr with 32G memory.

I am not sure how truth is all the above?

Can someone share their experience what car camera you using for 24/7 parking mode?

This is my first time buying dash cam and not much experience. 

Thanks

Ken

Turbocharged

Difference between 30FPS and 60FPS car cam.

https://youtu.be/NsW-UaT10PY

​It could mean be able to capture car plate number at 60fps as compared to not able to at 30FPS cam while car is moving.

60fps should typically mean less motion blur, but in truth, for any video camera, the real thing that defines the amount 'motion blur' is based on the number of ms used to produce 1 frame. Think of it as like when you using a manual mode on a digital still camera, you get more blur with a 1/30 shutter vs 1/60.

I don't think all video cameras are really recording on a precisely 1/30 or 1/60 etc. shutter speed. The resulting frame rate of video does not depend only on that - it requires appropriately fast processing hardware and so on.

Which, long story short, means a 30fps cam can have less blur than 60fps. But it's not likely.

Anyhow for the two cams in the demonstration I would actually still take the 30fps cam on the left. Its dynamic range and detail of dark areas is much better. However the cam on the right has a lower bit rate (meaning can hold longer quantities of video, smaller files) and better exposure compensation in the dark (i.e. it brightens more in the dark).

60fps should typically mean less motion blur, but in truth, for any video camera, the real thing that defines the amount 'motion blur' is based on the number of ms used to produce 1 frame. Think of it as like when you using a manual mode on a digital still camera, you get more blur with a 1/30 shutter vs 1/60.

I don't think all video cameras are really recording on a precisely 1/30 or 1/60 etc. shutter speed. The resulting frame rate of video does not depend only on that - it requires appropriately fast processing hardware and so on.

Which, long story short, means a 30fps cam can have less blur than 60fps. But it's not likely.

Anyhow for the two cams in the demonstration I would actually still take the 30fps cam on the left. Its dynamic range and detail of dark areas is much better. However the cam on the right has a lower bit rate (meaning can hold longer quantities of video, smaller files) and better exposure compensation in the dark (i.e. it brightens more in the dark).

So technical.. In the market there are just so many car cam. See already also blur. Thanks for explanation..

Turbocharged

So technical.. In the market there are just so many car cam. See already also blur. Thanks for explanation..

sorry, I'm a technical person who might just be overthinking it. [sweatdrop]

But, it can be thought of like this:

Cam A:

frame rate: 30fps

shutter speed: 1/70

bit rate: 30mbps

Cam B:

frame rate: 60fps

shutter speed: 1/60

bit rate: 80mbps

Cam C:

frame rate: 30fps

shutter speed: 1/45

bit rate: 15mbps

In this example Cam A will have the least blur, because it has the fastest "shutter" (i.e. time used to make one frame), Cam B will probably have the highest video quality due to highest bit rate (but of course depend on sensor, processing all that stuff, just generalizing here) while Cam C will have the most blur and lowest quality video.

Mind you a high fps camera might also suffer in other ways - if the "shutter speed" is faster, it means it absorb less light per frame, meaning the sensor must be more sensitive to get the same brightness otherwise the picture will be darker.

It's similar to why you take photo with handphone, always blurrier at night because the cam will take longer exposure (slower shutter) to get more light, so must hold more steady. That's why most vid cams like this harder to capture without blur at night. But typically a video cam like this will instead up the sensitivity (ISO) rather than shutter speed.

Edited by 7hm