Car camera recommendation

Pelican

I am getting the LandRover 2008 Freelander 2.  So does this mount in front or not for the 2nd camera?

Looking at the photo from SGcarmart, I dont think it will fit nicely into the slot of the U shape. But can still mount below it.

10484_g32_b.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Xiaoyi dash cam Jin Ho. 60plus on qoo10 , build quality better than my old Marbella, got app and wifi to connect n download video, downloading speed pretty fast too. Xiaomi products really good value.值得买!

Edited by Ahseng

Me using Korea Itronics 100TB front only camera, been 5 yrs till now. with GPS map. 24/7 monitoring. Install with Magic power. No hiccup.

No more agent around. but some Accessories shop still selling. Very good and reliable camera.

Edited by jcchia

Supersonic

I just ordered the A118, a lower version of A119.

From gearbest US$40.

I like that it's using capacitor instead of battery.

The battery always seem to die fast with my other cameras.

I just got this cam A118 and pretty impressed with the video at 1080p

Video playback appears a little "darker" if I remember my other cam, but it's quite clear.

Maybe some setting issues.

Only problem I faced was the menu came in chinese and I had a hard time, finding the right button to set it to english.

Excuse my poor chinese. [:p]

For the low price, I'll say it's a good buy. [thumbsup]

Supersonic

I just got this cam A118 and pretty impressed with the video at 1080p

Video playback appears a little "darker" if I remember my other cam, but it's quite clear.

Maybe some setting issues.

Only problem I faced was the menu came in chinese and I had a hard time, finding the right button to set it to english.

Excuse my poor chinese. [:p]

For the low price, I'll say it's a good buy. [thumbsup]

I have to update this.

Day time video was ok, but it's a bit dark.

Night time video was rather bad, most of the time can't see a thing. My other mini works better.

The unit I got had problem holding date/time. Always reset to 01/01/2016 after 5 min.

Fortunately, I got my money back from gearbest.

This is actually one of the worst cam I ever buy. Definitely, not worth the money.

6th Gear

I know many online retailers are carrying the Novatek GT300 with dual lens for under SGD40, but does anyone know of any shop selling it here?

For anyone who doesn't believe in spending hundreds on a dashcam, you may seriously want to consider this due to its specs and countless positive reviews. 

I know many online retailers are carrying the Novatek GT300 with dual lens for under SGD40, but does anyone know of any shop selling it here?

For anyone who doesn't believe in spending hundreds on a dashcam, you may seriously want to consider this due to its specs and countless positive reviews. 

merged here.

Guys, I'm using Yi dash cam in my current car. Changing car soon so started to look for new cam n its very confusing... the higher end ones seems to have more issues than a basic one like Yi. Other than parking mode, wat are the other useful features does the flagship models have over my existing cam?

And many ppl using 2 ch cams, what circumstance would the rear video be useful for?

Which camera for 24hours monitoring and affordable?

All cameras can do 24 hours monitoring. The problem is the battery. Need external battery source.

The only source of energy that gives power for 20 years without recharging is nuclear power. [laugh]

• Praise 1

All cameras can do 24 hours monitoring. The problem is the battery. Need external battery source.

The only source of energy that gives power for 20 years without recharging is nuclear power. [laugh]

To add to this, the only power that so far since mankind has been around, still no need recharge, is the sun.  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thinkware vs Blackvue ,

Which one is recommended ? Thanks.

thinkware after using blackvue. both dual CH. blackvue alot of cable issues.... broken and reliabilty issue.. rear cam failure!! due heat...sometime u dun even aware...  as i had chosen to off the indication lights.. thinkware cable thicker... also longer recording becos of iVolt!!

Edited by Atomicman

thinkware after using blackvue. both dual CH. blackvue alot of cable issues.... broken and reliabilty issue.. rear cam failure!! due heat...sometime u dun even aware...  as i had chosen to off the indication lights.. thinkware cable thicker... also longer recording becos of iVolt!!

Thanks bro.

Shall source for dual cam.

Any recommended workshop with decent price and good workmanship ?

Hypersonic

Yes got wire from front to back, the one that hides at the roof?

Not I installed le, workshop helped to install [:p]

The next one I buy should buy 1 or 2 channels?

What did you change to?
  • Praise 1