Car camera recommendation

Pelican

Yes, i did. I tore a hole in the solar film when i didnt use the plastic tool to pry it off.

The second dealer say no problem and they will resolve it when i handled over my car to them. Not sure how they resolve it.

My rear windscreen was slightly crumpled (ard 2cm x 2cm area) when I shun bian asked the car camera workshop ppl to re-positioned my rear cam.

I wondering if there is any way to DIY or do we have to go back to the solar film shop to fix it? Car only 6 mths old nia...  [bigcry]

Edited by Titanium
↡ Advertisement

My rear windscreen was slightly crumpled (ard 2cm x 2cm area) when I shun bian asked the car camera workshop ppl to re-positioned my rear cam.

I wondering if there is any way to DIY or do we have to go back to the solar film shop to fix it? Car only 6 mths old nia... [bigcry]

Paste a sticker or decal over it?

If not yet torn, try to use a heat gun or lighter and see if can heat it back.

Got it for $548 during Sitex. Includes free installation.

Mine is 2 channel.

Bro

Few days ago, I saw a white Toyota Wish 5550 with at least 12 in-car cameras.

All working. Cos got blue/white blinking lights while the car is parked.

A) 3 cameras in front

B) 3 cameras behind

C) 3 cameras on the left

D) 3 cameras on the right

Really kua Zhang to the max

The prices is net without Trade-in, I have called them to verify and they told me the promotion is running today till 7pm as they have done a special extension today.

• Praise 2

Bro

A) 3 cameras in front

B) 3 cameras behind

C) 3 cameras on the left

Siao nang spotted?

Twincharged

Bro

A) 3 cameras in front

B) 3 cameras behind

C) 3 cameras on the left

and i thought i was being paranoid when i had 3 front facing cams previously ....

anyway, anyone suddenly feel more stressful when driving without your car cams ? i mean all of a sudden when you are out, you car cam malfunctions and you know you will not be able to monitor your drive for the time being ?

probably u can use a cheap suction car camera temporary

if the video display is not good, always enable the sound recording so that when any incident happens, u can read out the carplate number of other party captured in the video, haha good way for a cheap in car camera with not so good resolution as advice by some folks here 

Edited by supersen
  • Praise 1

Did anyone try using the in-car camera and power up from power bank instead?

I think the following power bank maybe workable (never tried by me):

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.25.16487905zaOgB2&id=520756133190&ns=1&abbucket=17

As compared with a conventional powerbank we used to charge our mobile devices:

• Normal power bank output 5V and car camera usually operate at 12V
  • Similarly for charging the power bank, normal type 5V and within car, 12V is much easier to access with traditional cigarette port

The above link powerbank do have 12V output which is suitable to power car cam as well as charging the powerbank 12V/1A from fuse box.

I'm currently using Thinkware BAB-100 (~10,000 mAh) which is about the same as the link in terms of capacity but it's much more expensive (SGD4xx).

I think the following power bank maybe workable (never tried by me):

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.25.16487905zaOgB2&id=520756133190&ns=1&abbucket=17

As compared with a conventional powerbank we used to charge our mobile devices:

• Normal power bank output 5V and car camera usually operate at 12V
  • Similarly for charging the power bank, normal type 5V and within car, 12V is much easier to access with traditional cigarette port

The above link powerbank do have 12V output which is suitable to power car cam as well as charging the powerbank 12V/1A from fuse box.

I'm currently using Thinkware BAB-100 (~10,000 mAh) which is about the same as the link in terms of capacity but it's much more expensive (SGD4xx).

omg, $4xx. How long can this battery last?

Thanks for the link tho. This should work tho. 

Seem like I might need 2 of it because I have 2 dash cam (one not mounted yet) at 12v instead of USB. 

omg, $4xx. How long can this battery last?

Thanks for the link tho. This should work tho.

Seem like I might need 2 of it because I have 2 dash cam (one not mounted yet) at 12v instead of USB.

With taobao price, 2 unit still cheaper. Depending on your cam, you may still able to use 1 battery by paralleling the cable.

Anyway I only have 1 battery. For thinkware f800 pro, the rear unit derived it's power from the front cam. So 1 battery will do.

So far, I tested it lasted 1 day (Full 24 hrs) in parking mode. It maybe able to last longer which I yet to try.

With taobao price, 2 unit still cheaper. Depending on your cam, you may still able to use 1 battery by paralleling the cable.

Anyway I only have 1 battery. For thinkware f800 pro, the rear unit derived it's power from the front cam. So 1 battery will do.

So far, I tested it lasted 1 day (Full 24 hrs) in parking mode. It maybe able to last longer which I yet to try.

How to parallel? I am not an electrical person, so i can be a bit slow. =X

I am trying to see whether my Blackvue is still usable or not, have not check or use for months since I de-kit. 

If not I will get the 2nd hand front and rear blackvue instead. 

At least like you said, the rear cam is connected to the front cam via 1 cable. Better than having 2 different cams.

How to parallel? I am not an electrical person, so i can be a bit slow. =X

I am trying to see whether my Blackvue is still usable or not, have not check or use for months since I de-kit.

If not I will get the 2nd hand front and rear blackvue instead.

At least like you said, the rear cam is connected to the front cam via 1 cable. Better than having 2 different cams.

When I was using blackvue dr350, it doesn't support dual cam, so separate 12v.

Maybe the new series dual cam is a single cable. Download their manual should able to check.

When I was using blackvue dr350, it doesn't support dual cam, so separate 12v.

Maybe the new series dual cam is a single cable. Download their manual should able to check.

Yes. Connect via coaxial cable from rear to front, then extra power cable to the battery.

I think it is very good, my version is DR500. I dont know whether if it is usable because I have sd card reading issue now. 

I read thinkware yesterday, it seem pretty good tho. as good as Blackvue?

In terms of image quality and night viewing.

Bro

A) 3 cameras in front

B) 3 cameras behind

C) 3 cameras on the left

So fierce, might as well invest one 360 degrees video camera can already, no need so many cameras. Haha

↡ Advertisement