Car camera recommendation

Pelican

My Itronics is only for the front and I intend to get one for the rear as well.

Also, need to look for workshop to do the installation.

is it the itb100? can it last the whole night of recording in park mode?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys, I'm selling off my Marbella MX6 recorder as I'm intending to get a 2ch one. Giving away a 16GB Transcend Class 10 micro SDHC card with it.

Anyone interested can contact me. It's still in good condition & has 3months warranty from Marbella.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=78011

Bro, which 2CH one are you getting? I am looking for the 2CH one but so far I think Marbella offer the best pricing in the market. I saw their video quality which looks better than Blackvue or Finevue, what are the other brands you can suggest?

Supercharged

guys, don't know if this question has been asked before.

if i got a DVR and wanna tap it to the car battery,

uses the car daily.

if oversea, will unplug.

it should be doable?

uses the car daily.

if oversea, will unplug.

it should be doable?

Doable, this is what I did to my DVR installation. As long as I'm away for more than one week, I'll unplug it.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Doable, this is what I did to my DVR installation. As long as I'm away for more than one week, I'll unplug it.

great, thank you.

was thinking of power bank but since the car already has a battery, why spend unnecessary.

is it the itb100? can it last the whole night of recording in park mode?

I have not tried on that. So I can't comment.

Supercharged

uses the car daily.

if oversea, will unplug.

it should be doable?

I heard you could make a switch or something, so when you want it to stop recording, just switch it off. No need to unplug anything. Need to ask the WS for more info...

But what if you unplug it when you're overseas, and someone hit-n-run your car, how? I tot when you turn it on 24/7, the main purpose was to prevent such incidents.....

was thinking of power bank but since the car already has a battery, why spend unnecessary.

Correct, but then again, the car battery main task is to start the engine, not run a car cam 24/7......

Supercharged

I heard you could make a switch or something, so when you want it to stop recording, just switch it off. No need to unplug anything. Need to ask the WS for more info...

But what if you unplug it when you're overseas, and someone hit-n-run your car, how? I tot when you turn it on 24/7, the main purpose was to prevent such incidents.....

Correct, but then again, the car battery main task is to start the engine, not run a car cam 24/7......

well, don't expect the unexpected.

i don't drive posh cars too, sometime cannot be too passionate about car..

it's never ending..

my other car, first few days already got scratches..

just hack care too

Twincharged

My previous post:

saw you quoted the t650 on Q001o .... I bought one there .. posted my not-so-good review there too ...

recently bought another Lukas cam during a time sale ($70)... better than the t650, but still lose to my BV-DRG400.

there is one issue with my BV is that the night time recording is almost flawless .... but when it come to day time recording, it cannot adjust fast enough to the brightness so there are a lot of dark scenes, that's why I installed another cam for daytime recording.

also, last time my BV could perform shutdown ... but now it just switches off immediately when I off the car ...think the built-in batt already died.

Supersonic

great, thank you.

When you tapped onto the main car battery, and when you're using it when the engine is not running, like in parked mode 24/7, you're draining the car battery.

Without control, the battery will reach a state of charge, where it has not enough juice to turnover the engine.

At that time, you would be forced to look for someone's help to jump start the car.

If you use those "power bank", they promised to cut off at X V or time. If you set to voltage, it's often set too low at 11.8V or 11.6V. Battery has not enough juice at those voltage to turnover engine.

The battery is not a linear device, you can take out a lot of juice before the voltage starts dropping.

So merely setting a voltage is just half the story. A safer low threshold voltage would be 12.2V, but it would cut off too soon, and supplier don't normally do that, as they can't boast about their power bank.

Setting time would be safer if available as you know roughly how long before you need to resort to jump start.

But again it depends on the state of the car battery, if it's old and sulphated, can't hold much charge, your time would be quite short.

In short, power bank is not a guarantee, unless it's wired such that the power bank does not ever drain the main battery, when the ignition/engine is switched off.

saw you quoted the t650 on Q001o .... I bought one there .. posted my not-so-good review there too ...

recently bought another Lukas cam during a time sale ($70)... better than the t650, but still lose to my BV-DRG400.

there is one issue with my BV is that the night time recording is almost flawless .... but when it come to day time recording, it cannot adjust fast enough to the brightness so there are a lot of dark scenes, that's why I installed another cam for daytime recording.

also, last time my BV could perform shutdown ... but now it just switches off immediately when I off the car ...think the built-in batt already died.

I mentioned it is value for money :P.

$70 for Lukas is good buy! It is still one of the best cam out there.

shld be OK... for US$60, can't hiam much.. but the chipsets quite OK .. I got 3 sets and 2 still working after 4 mths day n night use... 1 set kaput... MIC ma... :mellow:

Buy 2 car cams lo.. run 2 sets of wires internally .. one to front n one to back n tap to fuse.. the car installers know how to do this... $30 x 2 nia... ask for separate switches to turn each one on n off individually so that you can turn on the cams even when ur engine off... tap to fuse use the car batt..

Actually it is very very easy to install the cam yourself. I did it for my friend's Corolla and my own Optra Estate. Done in 20 min. Wire all concealed. Saved $60 for the both of us.

You just need to be courageous and pluck out the A-pillar cover.

When you tapped onto the main car battery, and when you're using it when the engine is not running, like in parked mode 24/7, you're draining the car battery.

Without control, the battery will reach a state of charge, where it has not enough juice to turnover the engine.

At that time, you would be forced to look for someone's help to jump start the car.

If you use those "power bank", they promised to cut off at X V or time. If you set to voltage, it's often set too low at 11.8V or 11.6V. Battery has not enough juice at those voltage to turnover engine.

The battery is not a linear device, you can take out a lot of juice before the voltage starts dropping.

So merely setting a voltage is just half the story. A safer low threshold voltage would be 12.2V, but it would cut off too soon, and supplier don't normally do that, as they can't boast about their power bank.

Setting time would be safer if available as you know roughly how long before you need to resort to jump start.

But again it depends on the state of the car battery, if it's old and sulphated, can't hold much charge, your time would be quite short.

In short, power bank is not a guarantee, unless it's wired such that the power bank does not ever drain the main battery, when the ignition/engine is switched off.

Only Lukas having settings for 12.2V and above. The rest can set to 12V as the max. It is well recommended if you want to play safe of having a setting of 12.2V or 12.4V:

http://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/

You can import this from Korea GMarket web site:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=290265412

You can search for "lk-290" in their search box.

I mentioned it is value for money :P.

$70 for Lukas is good buy! It is still one of the best cam out there.

Actually it is very very easy to install the cam yourself. I did it for my friend's Corolla and my own Optra Estate. Done in 20 min. Wire all concealed. Saved $60 for the both of us.

Ya bro, but for the rest of us not technically inclined, we refer to experts lo... Geylang Lor 39 also got nice food while waiting... eye candy too.. [gorgeous] hahhaha

Supercharged

Yes, to install the wires isn't difficult actually. But to tap it to the fuse (car battery) is the part most of us don't know, and don't dare to try on....

Supercharged

thanks for sharing, since i drive daily, it shouldn't not be a major problem..

anyway oversea, i just unplug [:)]

don't want to overspend