Toyota fielder, Mit colt plus turbo or Honda Airwave?

Dscheng

Hi all,

I helping my frd to seek difference opinon on the above 3 ride. He is getting a pre owned ride. Please feedback on these 3 ride, thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I helping my frd to seek difference opinon on the above 3 ride. He is getting a pre owned ride. Please feedback on these 3 ride, thanks.

I like the airwave

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think he is looking for fun too. CPT preferred, but he concern on FC n reliability.

FC of the CPT can be very good depending on how you drive. 13-14km/l is an easy achievable FC, provided your CPT is stock and your right foot is discipline enough to refrain the urge to pedal to the metal. If all hell breaks loose, FC can dip to as low as 9-10km/l! Realistically, my average FC is around 11 to 12km/l

The only weak spot of CPT is the CVT gearbox. If possible get a stock CPT or one that was not tuned beyond 250nm of Torque..

Else it's like the Regular Colt Turbo minus the harsh suspension/ride setup and deep exhaust note....plus the luxury of a sunroof and auto tailgate!

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

Oh, turbo engine aside, the CPT comes with the following features:

- double layer boot

- auto tailgate open via remote

- remote can auto wind up the windows, windows are child/choke safe

- remote can auto open/close the side mirrors

- driver side power windows control are single touch for all windows and no need to hold to wind up

- auto headlight

- limited auto wiper speed

- auto off headlights if you off the ignition

- 1 minute grace for windows and a/c after you off ignition.

- push up armrest cum cup holder at the rear seats

hope this helps...

(edited)

FC of the CPT can be very good depending on how you drive. 13-14km/l is an easy achievable FC, provided your CPT is stock and your right foot is discipline enough to refrain the urge to pedal to the metal. If all hell breaks loose, FC can dip to as low as 9-10km/l! Realistically, my average FC is around 11 to 12km/l

The only weak spot of CPT is the CVT gearbox. If possible get a stock CPT or one that was not tuned beyond 250nm of Torque..

Else it's like the Regular Colt Turbo minus the harsh suspension/ride setup and deep exhaust note....plus the luxury of a sunroof and auto tailgate!

CPT's FC = daily drive with foot discipline 13-14km?

impossible ...

unless NSHW long run 80-100 km/hr non stop for 400-500km ,

you should know how i got the info.

Edited by Lanevomax

(edited)

Performance(CPT) , Good Resale Value + FC (Airwave) and Big Big Space(Toyota Fielder)...

choose one.

FC + Value for $$ = i think Airwave will be better.

i am looking at spare parts if failure , resale value , FC and most important maintenance

Edited by Lanevomax

(edited)

Airwave boot space is huge and has a low loading height, wide regular shaped aperture. The 2nd row seats are comfy leg-room wise with the flat floor. Seats can also be configured to take tall items by folding the seats up (instead of down).

If can find the version with 7-speed paddle shift, can be quite fun to drive too. The regular auto CVT mode is programmed for max efficiency so it feels less responsive.

Maintenance is simple and fuss-free as are most modern jap cars. The drivetrain/mechanicals have much in common with the Jazz/Fit/City so most workshops are able to service/repair. Nothing rare or exotic here (except the skyroof if you get one, and it happens to crack... [sweatdrop] )

Never tried driving the CPT, but the electric tailgate is a really good feature to have. Wished more wagons have this.

Edited by Juzzme

CPT behind leg room seem like quite small. No doubt abt the fun since it is a TC ride. But I think hard to find stock condition in the resale market.

Airwave boot space is huge and has a low loading height, wide regular shaped aperture. The 2nd row seats are comfy leg-room wise with the flat floor. Seats can also be configured to take tall items by folding the seats up (instead of down).

If can find the version with 7-speed paddle shift, can be quite fun to drive too. The regular auto CVT mode is programmed for max efficiency so it feels less responsive.

Maintenance is simple and fuss-free as are most modern jap cars. The drivetrain/mechanicals have much in common with the Jazz/Fit/City so most workshops are able to service/repair. Nothing rare or exotic here (except the skyroof if you get one, and it happens to crack... [sweatdrop] )

Never tried driving the CPT, but the electric tailgate is a really good feature to have. Wished more wagons have this.

CVT 7 speed is the facelift version? With auto climate control? The skyroof version is a wow.

CVT 7 speed is the facelift version? With auto climate control? The skyroof version is a wow.

The 7-sp paddle shift comes with the high-grade version. Limited numbers sold in SG. These have auto climate control as well, and factory fitted HID.

Comparing the CPT, Airwave, Fielder...there is one other unique thing about the CPT. The other 2 models are used as Taxis but not the CPT. Some people dun like to drive a 'taxi' model. But if you look at it from a different perspective, taxi coy choose to run it means it is a practical, economical and fairly reliable road-worthy car.