Taxi goes to Cat E.....impact on Cat A?

Code01

My message is also very simple.

Cannot afford a car, please fcuk off.

Stop complaining and kpkb in MCF.

No one, not even the garmen, owes you a living.

Clearer now?

[thumbsup]:D

↡ Advertisement

+1

One of the best post in this thread [;)]

Agree 100%

I think the garmen's message is clear and simple.

- COE quotas will be controlled and reduced further, if warranted

- COE prices will continue to be subject to open market forces of demand-supply

- We want to encourage more people to switch to public transport

- If you find cars becoming unaffordable, please consider switching to public transport

Clearer now?

Good to know that at least some here share my thoughts. [wave]

some here are ranting for the sake of it. Talk rubbish. senseless

Good to know that at least some here share my thoughts. [wave]

some here are ranting for the sake of it. Talk rubbish. senseless

That's why I just read n enjoy rather join in the fight.

It's all senseless to fight with anybody Here.

Neutral Newbie

Totally agree!! We are generally a bunch of whiners who complain about everything! Traffic jam also complain, car price expensive also complain! In many cities like hong kong and new York, taking the train is the way of life. We don't see the citizens there complain. We should get a life and learn to complain less!

Can afford, go ahead.

Cannot afford, so be it.

Rule of thumb is, the ones who are complaining, usually belong to the second group above and cannot accept the cold hard fact (to downgrade or give up car ownership).

Last time also have sales job, pregnant ladies and old people, people still managed.. Even when public transport system was non-existent then.

Another food for thought: Beggars cannot afford to be choosers.

Car is a luxury. It is a want. Never a need.

Got jam meh.....i drive so long, only really jam sat night at orchard road....i suspect many drivers are like me....its like taking a look at orchard road sat night and conclude there is too many shoppers....

+1

One of the best post in this thread [;)]

Agree 100%

I think the garmen's message is clear and simple.

- COE quotas will be controlled and reduced further, if warranted

- COE prices will continue to be subject to open market forces of demand-supply

- We want to encourage more people to switch to public transport

- If you find cars becoming unaffordable, please consider switching to public transport

Clearer now?

Reality has to set in to these ppl. the dream to get your own tpt? Get real and practical.

sibei straight to the point! but I like! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Totally agree!! We are generally a bunch of whiners who complain about everything! Traffic jam also complain, car price expensive also complain! In many cities like hong kong and new York, taking the train is the way of life. We don't see the citizens there complain. We should get a life and learn to complain less!

That's the unique part of Singapore..

Hard to been garment nowadays..

Been garment still need to make sure every citizen got 1 car each, wat a laugh [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

+1

Clearer now?

What language? Haha. Shows the emotions and anger. Definitely a case of road rage type.

Good that you are not in the govt, otherwise somebody bid more than you will get death penalty. In fact govt should consider psychological test for guys before they give license,

Here the question is not if can afford or not. Question is that should all cars be priced almost same? If so then govt should just put one brand in market. You want buy, you don't want don't buy.

Also govt has much more socially responsible than you [:)]

It is very clear that if anyone who now finds it painful, or impossible to switch/buy a new car will never get to buy one - perhaps, ever again.

You have been marginalized and out you go to public transport.

That's what the government wants to achieve (ever since the introduction of COEs and ERP) and that's what it is.

If you had thought that it won't happen to you, probably only to the "lower" rungs of society, then you're dead wrong - cos you have just been marginalized.

So for those who are ranting, arguing on fulfilling personal needs (aged parents, school-going children), a wider COE "distribution" by bending current rules etc. I think they are all baseless.

Understanding the government's larger objectives, to weed out marginal car owners to public transport, none of your ranting is gonna be heard. That's for sure.

Think back 40 years, or more, ago.

Only a minority of families here even had cars.

Aged parents and school-going kids were still around then.

Nothing has changed.

We got by life with public buses, taxies, trishaws and bicycles as basic means of transportation.

Heck, the MRT wasn't even around yet.

And now we hear from many that it's impossible to move around, aged parents and all, without a car?

That's pure BS!

I think such arguments do not hold water, as far as the government is concerned.

Selfish desires beget selfish wants (to own a car, in this case).

Nothing more.

As with everything else in life, if something is unaffordable or unattainable, there will always be a cheaper alternative.

The government wants you to consider switching to public transport.

There should be no loss of "face" in giving up car ownership, when the time comes.

+1 +1

Absolutely agree with your post .... IMO, a car is never a need in Singapore .... nothing to do with having young children. aged parents etc ...

Can afford ... buy ....cannot afford ... too bad .... there is also an alternative of a cheap car ..... for example a 7 years old MIK car ..... why must buy new car ????

from a policy perspective, it is the government's job to ensure people get to wherever they need to get to. so if they don't come up with a transport system that works effectively and efficiently, it's their fault. in HK, cars are cheap but driving is such a pain that millionaires would rather take public transport, which is more efficient than having to find a parking spot.

it is not the government's duty to fulfill your aspirations of owning a car. so they shouldn't bother to design a scheme just to lower the barriers of entry to car ownership. however, you may be unhappy and don't vote for them the next time round. then it'll be beyond policy, it'll become politics.

politically, the government has tried several things to appease the populace. most measures are mild, such as deferring the correction by one year so as to cushion the impact of a massive COE cut. they shouldn't have to do that by reason, but people don't buy cars by reason. they then need to deal with the unintended consequence of inflation brought about by increasing transport costs.

+1 +1

Absolutely agree with your post .... IMO, a car is never a need in Singapore .... nothing to do with having young children. aged parents etc ...

Can afford ... buy ....cannot afford ... too bad .... there is also an alternative of a cheap car ..... for example a 7 years old MIK car ..... why must buy new car ????

but i really need a car to travel around for work.

time is money.

i don't ride bike.

Like I said, can afford then buy.

But don't ask the govt to bend rules, or give concessions.

U do know that law that governs the land that states robbery is a crime is a concession given by the gov to protect the rich minority from the mob that are the poor? In all societies that crumble, it is when the rich stop knowing when to stop pushing their luck that society collapse.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

seriously, want car just buy. cannot afford. sit down and plan to see how u can afford

Edited by Wendaevu

Here the question is not if can afford or not. Question is that should all cars be priced almost same? If so then govt should just put one brand in market. You want buy, you don't want don't buy.

Also govt has much more socially responsible than you [:)]

The question has always been about affordability when it comes to cars. It's people like you who cannot accept the fact that keep twisting the question to another form to self pat and delude yourself.

Don't need to beat around the bush and argue until the cars come home.

Cannot afford then settle for public transport. Stop deluding yourself because your ego is too big to accept the fact that you do/may not own a car anymore in the foreseeable future.

Govt is here to give you the basic needs. Anything above and beyond, earn them yourself.

↡ Advertisement