12 weeks jail for Howard Shaw

Fcw75

Hypersonic
(edited)

Seems like all the 51 men will go to jail. Some maybe run road liao.

SINGAPORE: Former executive director of the Singapore Environment Council, Howard Shaw, has been sentenced to 12 weeks jail for having paid sex with an underage girl.

The 41-year-old grandson of the founder of Shaw Organisation admitted in June to paying a 17-year-old girl S$500 for sex in October 2010.

From CNA.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement

Good good.

All of them will be going in together? Can share stories and conquest while inside the cell.

Can form a "Society of common hole bearers" while inside. Brotherhood unite.

Good good.

All of them will be going in together? Can share stories and conquest while inside the cell.

Can form a "Society of common hole bearers" while inside. Brotherhood unite.

Ya man, they can exchange FRs in changi leow. Hahahaha

Jail term is confirm a must liao for dealing with underage pros :D

i dun think anyone will run road but not admitting could invite more serious term [rolleyes]

4539683[/url]']

SINGAPORE: Former executive director of the Singapore Environment Council, Howard Shaw, has been sentenced to 12 weeks jail for having paid sex with an underage girl.

The 41-year-old grandson of the founder of Shaw Organisation admitted in June to paying a 17-year-old girl S$500 for sex in October 2010.

From CNA.

None will escape jail sentence. Was watching Ch8 last night in which a lawyer was talking about this case. He said there was a case where the accused who was charged with having sex with underage pros and the Sub Court fined him $8000. The persecution appeal and the High Court judge ruled that offence of this nature carries a mandatory jail sentence and the man in this case was given a jail sentence of 4 months. This has become a case law, whereby all cases involving offence of having sex with underage girls will be given jail sentence, and no deviation is thus allowed.

Turbocharged

and the worst part is the whore gets away scot free

How long did the pimp get?

But the theory for whore going free is that she is not capable of making the decision.

Which on the surface seems quite rationale - although in this case it does make something of a mockery of the system

Supercharged

From CNA.

i was watching the news last night. there was precedent case in 2008. district court handed out a fine to the accused in similar case of having sex with underage girl. the prosecution appeal, the high court judge ruled that such case only a jail sentence would be appropriate. and so i am not surprised with the sentence for howard.

but my question to judges relying on precedent cases is:

1) are you sure the first judge that set the standard in the landmark first case is right in his judgement?

2) are you sure there is no differing circumstances in the current case that makes for reliance of the precedent case inappropriate?

3) are you sure you understand the context and prevailing social condition then when the judge make the ruling on the precedent case?

4) should not judges be capable of forming their own judgement without being binded by the judgement in the landmark precedent case?

(edited)

principal got 9 weeks, shaw got 12 weeks

why there is 'extra' 3 weeks for same offence .... ?

Edited by Wt_know

for not admitting on the spot :D

After appeal maybe discount 3weeks loh.

But honestly deep down...I wished the appeal failed and gave him extra one month to make it 4months. Let him spend christmas and new year inside if the appeal is dragged for 1-2months.

Hypersonic

he tried to give excuses

so that he can get away with a fine only

wasted the judge's time and make him TL so...

:D

Supercharged

None will escape jail sentence. Was watching Ch8 last night in which a lawyer was talking about this case. He said there was a case where the accused who was charged with having sex with underage pros and the Sub Court fined him $8000. The persecution appeal and the High Court judge ruled that offence of this nature carries a mandatory jail sentence and the man in this case was given a jail sentence of 4 months. This has become a case law, whereby all cases involving offence of having sex with underage girls will be given jail sentence, and no deviation is thus allowed.

Landmark case for underage sex

i somehow find it not right that judges just want to follow what the judge in the first case set out. there was no regard of the difference in the circumstances of each case.

(edited)

yalor ...

i somewhat understand the concept but as time pass and society is also changing, quoting of previous cases who-vs-who and the outcome as set precedent is not 100% relevant liao leh

what say you?

i somehow find it not right that judges just want to follow what the judge in the first case set out. there was no regard of the difference in the circumstances of each case.

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

yalor ...

i somewhat understand the concept but as time pass and society is also changing, quoting of previous cases who-vs-who and the outcome as set precedent is not 100% relevant liao leh

what say you?

they follow the old book, other law maybe can review and amend, criminal law they lazy to change [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

The other 50 who are still waiting will be very disappointed by now n have to resign to fate Liao.

Sure to be preparing to take 3 months sabbatical off from work or plan the family finance and make arrangement for jail time.

This is truely SIANZ half.

But my colleague says.....think positively....go inside intensive 3 months physical exercise.

Come out super macho man muscles....can atrract many MILF and girls easily.