How much would you pay for a COE if the rules were changed?

SLSAMG88

How much would you pay for a COE if the rules were changed  

186 members have voted

1. 1. For Cat A

• I can't afford a car - FML
    • 5001-10000
    • 10001-15000
    • 15001-20000
    • 20001-30000
    • 30001-40000
    • 40000-you're crazy

So here are the rules, it's quite simple:

1. COE can only be bidded by individuals and is non-transferable for 12 months.

2. Paid in one lump sum.

3. For this poll, it's for Cat A.

Edited by SLSAMG88
↡ Advertisement

I only hope gov reduce the ARF and implement sky high ERP and parking charges to control car usage.

Please implement the GPS pay as you use mileage based tax ASAP.

It will help everyone who just want to own a nice car, and drive occasionally.

The quota to COE is artificial man made! Why I say that is because LTA can SAFELY increase the motorcycle COE quota by 200 each month, and yet I guarantee the road will not be jamm. And allow the cat.D can be $1, more affordable for those who are priced out of the cars ownership, at least can own a cheap motorcycle!

At least make the dream of owing a private vehicle(motorcycle cheaper) for the rest of people who cannot afford a car mah!

Fark all Cats!!! I'm getting myself a teksi!!! I am going to be a Teksi Lau [cool]

[sunny][sunny][sunny]

but the 154th just love to picha my lobang <_<[mad]

Edited by Mustank

no sense, if ERP up, carpark up. Its going to bring up the daily expenses.

What is the cause of car congestion? Taxis? road hog? or wat other factors.

Here, u want to drive must tahan the pain. Its a never ending if you cut coe and the add the cost to daily ERP and carpark goes up higher. sigh..

Supersonic

So here are the rules, it's quite simple:

1. COE can only be bidded by individuals and is non-transferable for 12 months.

2. Paid in one lump sum.

3. For this poll, it's for Cat A.

Not much diff lah.

Cat A COE oredi being bidded in individual's names and not transferable. How to stop dealer from accessing the PC and bidding for u?

COE is oredi paid in one lump sum. It's the bank that's providing the installment.

Anyway, i bid $1. :D

why not just scrape COE, but increase the ARF or OMV or whatever the government import taxes for vehicles?

People who can afford, then buy....

It will also help to eliminate those dealers or bidders that bump up the COE premiums at the last minute, causing the COE premiums to remain UNREALISTICALLY high...

if the price of a vehicle is too high to be affordable, at least it will serve as a good gauge of the cost of living (for LUXURY items) in that particular place....however, necessities items should remain affordable for general masses of people...

and also, shouldn't the loans for vehicles be considered as "unsecured", or at least "semi unsecured" loans, since the vehicles' depreciation rates are non-linear? Thus, the interest rates for these loans should be substantially higher...

i dont care whether that will result in car dealers having less businesses, or people's dreams of getting a car is crushed.... at least if the cost of an item is physically that much expensive and that much difficult to get hold of, make it so. Dont package it so nice, such that it seems easy and seductive for people to purchase that item...

Edited by Antlau

Twincharged

why not just scrape COE, but increase the ARF or OMV or whatever the government import taxes for vehicles?

People who can afford, then buy....

It will also help to eliminate those dealers or bidders that bump up the COE premiums at the last minute, causing the COE premiums to remain UNREALISTICALLY high...

if the price of a vehicle is too high to be affordable, at least it will serve as a good gauge of the cost of living (for LUXURY items) in that particular place....however, necessities items should remain affordable for general masses of people...

and also, shouldn't the loans for vehicles be considered as "unsecured", or at least "semi unsecured" loans, since the vehicles' depreciation rates are non-linear? Thus, the interest rates for these loans should be substantially higher...

i dont care whether that will result in car dealers having less businesses, or people's dreams of getting a car is crushed.... at least if the cost of an item is physically that much expensive and that much difficult to get hold of, make it so. Dont package it so nice, such that it seems easy and seductive for people to purchase that item...

Isn't that what they are doing now? The COE is there to control the vehicle population. Only those that can afford to bid will get to own a car. Those that cannot afford the price of the COE will have to forgo the car or wait till COE becomes low enough for them. If they remove COE but increase the taxes for the cars, then there will be alot more people buying cars as compared to now.

Come on! Dont you know that only 'MONEY talks' in singapore? If you have no $$$$$$, than you are nobody!

COE pays for ministers obsence salary, why should they care about you or me???? Get real!

Hiyo everything must "pay and pay"..i wonder where all d money go..pray hard its being put to good use..

Well said!

I will not pay for COE............ Its nothing more than a money making tool for PAP regime. If it works, the whole world will be using COE system already. period....

↡ Advertisement