Inspection of In-Vehicle Unit

Civic2000

Received a registered letter from LTA informing me that an error in either the IU or the stored Value Card (Cash Card) when my car passed thru the ERP gantry. I am now required to have my IU or the Cash Card in question inspected at the IU inspection Centers. Btw, I am a user of the MOTORPAY, which means I need not to insert my cash card in the IU for payment of ERP, the ERP charges incurred would be billed to my POSB Credit Card.

Has any one here experienced the same before, pls share:

How long will the inspection take?

Any fee charged for the inspection job?

If the IU is found faulty, will they required changing to a new one or just having it repaired?

Thank you for your sharing.

↡ Advertisement

Inspection is free and yes, will incur no charges for replacement if under the 5-year warranty period.

How long will depend on the queue for the inspection.....when I was there at STA Boon Lay, got 1 motorcycle, 1 car and 1 lorry in the queue.....I waited for about 25-30 minutes when my turn ends 'cos the lorry is a new one which needs to install a new IU and many paper works whereas the other 2 seems to be faster....

Mine......was told that not my IU got problem but my cashcard...... [:p]

Yes, inspection is free. Recently kanna the same thing... queued for 20 mins, in front got 2 other cars and 1 motorcycle. When it came to my turn, the inspector only flash a device on my IU to test... 5 seconds and it's over. Paperwork, 2 mins.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I got one Singapore registered motorcycle to be deregistered soon this year, but the IU is still in good condition.

Am I allowed to install that IU on my Malaysia registered car? What are the must-do procedure for this? Thank you.

Please excuse me for taking up this topic for my question since i'm a new registered member and can't start a new topic yet. 

Thanks. 

Hi guys,

I got one Singapore registered motorcycle to be deregistered soon this year, but the IU is still in good condition.

Am I allowed to install that IU on my Malaysia registered car? What are the must-do procedure for this? Thank you.

Please excuse me for taking up this topic for my question since i'm a new registered member and can't start a new topic yet. 

Thanks. 

you cannot install a motorcycle IU onto your malaysian car. 

you should buy a new one at $150 (i think)  plus GST at an inspection centre, it would include installation and registration of the IU onto your car.

↡ Advertisement