erm... go office hide in storeroom to read

foc one and still have business times

ð

No need to hide in storeroom lah.

光明正大 read.

Not Playboy or Penthouse.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Full version more interesting meh? I've been getting by with scatter online news for years. Never regretted cancelling my subscription.

Maybe full version you can read the full reported news or access to more others news online?!

Hypersonic

Maybe full version you can read the full reported news or access to more others news online?!

All the news I read on the ST website are full version already. Maybe subscription will get PDF files where you can read just like a normal newspaper and also see all the adverts for good deals around.

I already unlike and unfollow straitstimes in facebook when it asked me to subscribe/register after I used up 15 free articles for the month. Ai lai mai sua, I not hard up to read news from them  :a-t9412:

• Praise 2

Is Straits Times OK ?? About less than 2 years back they jack up prices by over 20% and now they remove the $30 vouchers also or gifts ..... how relevant is it these days?? Seems like they don't care about falling or failing subscriptions

The current promotion is only applicable for new subscriber. For current subscriber they ask you to fry kite. This is unfortunately that it is how many of such businesses work in Singapore. Like some car insurance, perks are generously dangled to entice new customer, existing customers LLST. Aiya, just cancel and subscribe under your parents or in-law address.

Edited by Rayleigh

The current promotion is only applicable for new subscriber. For current subscriber they ask you to fry kite. This is unfortunately that it is how many of such businesses work in Singapore. Like some car insurance, perks are generously dangled to entice new customer, existing customers LLST. Aiya, just cancel and subscribe under your parents or in-law address.

Not only insurance. Telco as well.

Is Straits Times OK ?? About less than 2 years back they jack up prices by over 20% and now they remove the $30 vouchers also or gifts ..... how relevant is it these days?? Seems like they don't care about falling or failing subscriptions

Lot if not most newspapers worldwide have their stuff written by someone in a third world country who just reads stuff off the internet and puts together a few hundred words and then sends it to HO via the internet.

Much much cheaper that way but the quality is very poor as the sub editors are often in third world countries as well.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Dunno if that is the case with the ST.

But many of the 'quality' papers in UK and USA use that method.

As for me I just make do with the free 15 articles.

Strait times only provide one source of new while here multiple new from multiple source. Sometimes..come with shitty personal opinion as well. Mcf start charging subscription many will cry here. Apparently many obtain/base their source mainly from mcf forum only. Some postings just make me LOL.

Also nowadays hand phone Google chrome give meultiple source of news. Free!

bec 30% dont believe what they publish ?  :D

Just like when we were young ..... you know what we called kindergarten ?  <_<

• Praise 2

bec 30% dont believe what they publish ? :D

Just like when we were young ..... you know what we called kindergarten ? <_<

I never go KG 1 , straight to Pri school
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

As for me I just make do with the free 15 articles.

Strait times only provide one source of new while here multiple new from multiple source. Sometimes..come with shitty personal opinion as well. Mcf start charging subscription many will cry here. Apparently many obtain/base their source mainly from mcf forum only. Some postings just make me LOL.

Also nowadays hand phone Google chrome give meultiple source of news. Free!

Share with you a "trick":

If you're reading Straits Times on mobile, after the limit of 15 articles per month is up, can clear your browser history and your quota is reset. Viola!

Ssssshhhhhh....only for MCF forummers I tell this.

• Praise 4

If you're reading Straits Times on mobile, after the limit of 15 articles per month is up, can clear your browser history and your quota is reset. Viola!

I hardly hit 5 in a year  :grin:

• Praise 8

You mean clear history?
  • Praise 1

I really appreciate my neighbours for their subscription to straits time as I don't.

I need the papers for my labbit and doggy shits.

• Praise 1

If you need to know where got accidents, a tree fell or when MP going to visit the cleaned up hawker centre, etc, it is very useful. Even the photographs published will be the same photo use for other papers although so many photographers were tagging along taking hundreds of shots. Somehow they just flash to make the event looks exciting. Only 1 photo will be used.

MCF has more news. :a-happy:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3