Can your current ride with low COE really make you money?

Seaweed

Saw quite a few saying they make money...but until now I still don't believe...went to a AD early this week...I thought if really can fetch more money...I don't mind selling current two cars off and just live with one new car...since selling away both cars and getting back one new may be able to help offset the rocketing COE...so I ask the SE...He say used car price same same...not much change from last time...because they cater for different needs...if someone need to pay so much for a used car with low COE...they might as well buy a new car...well...what he say is what I thought too...and no reason that he will lie to me...because then he lost a customer...in fact he should tell me old car fetch good price and encourage me to change...

is the myth busted...or the salesman is new on the job !!! [confused] [confused]

↡ Advertisement

taking you for a ride.......cos you can definitely sell slightly above premium and get a better gap...tell him find spider.

he will take your car in low nad sell abt 20k profit

Part of the job of car dealer is to convince you to sell your car as low as possible and to potential buyer as high as possible. If you have been following up on the prices. Through the year and found out that if I had waited further, the same price that I paid for my civic then is the price I pay for a Vios now. Both are 05 models and comparing over the general prices instead of just 2 cars. Please do exclude facelift models cos It affects the overall value.

I saw the taxi bumper advertisement.

Confirmed can sell $5000 above trade in value. By carmart.

The same second hand car dealer will sing a different tune when he resell the car, saying the demand is strong and second hands car is high price because buying a new car is even more expensive.

I rather hold on to two old cars, then buy a single new car.

Saw quite a few saying they make money...but until now I still don't believe...went to a AD early this week...I thought if really can fetch more money...I don't mind selling current two cars off and just live with one new car...since selling away both cars and getting back one new may be able to help offset the rocketing COE...so I ask the SE...He say used car price same same...not much change from last time...because they cater for different needs...if someone need to pay so much for a used car with low COE...they might as well buy a new car...well...what he say is what I thought too...and no reason that he will lie to me...because then he lost a customer...in fact he should tell me old car fetch good price and encourage me to change...

is the myth busted...or the salesman is new on the job !!! [confused] [confused]

LOL! You have 3 cars and still a carrot!

My Touran is 3 years old, bought new at 89k, the same 3 year old Touran is now selling at 98k from sgcarmart! You tell me - can make money or not?

You would need to do your own sale for better price .. taking into consideration the original depreciation to determine how much u had "benefited" (at least drive for free since purchase ).. also much would depend on the demand of ur model.

this means dealer take in at $80K+ as they made at least $10K+ profit per car

My Touran is 3 years old, bought new at 89k, the same 3 year old Touran is now selling at 98k from sgcarmart! You tell me - can make money or not?

Depending on the model of car.

If its a high demand car then yah maybe can "earn" if not just have a lower dep on it.

My bro bought a 1 yr old A4 for $115K and traded in recently for $112K after driving close to 2 yrs.

SO his A4 dep is only $1.5K per yr. [laugh]

You would need to do your own sale for better price .. taking into consideration the original depreciation to determine how much u had "benefited" (at least drive for free since purchase ).. also much would depend on the demand of ur model.

Just to add .. those who bought car at low coe, say below 20k is like have a discount coupon when they buy a new car, esp conti on promo .. taking into consideration what u take back from depreciation, "upgrading of car make and the higher coe .. but pls note that this discount coupon has an "expiry date", ie. it will move towards paper value because of the lower coe as reach 4-5 yr, best to "utilise it" before 3 rd yr.

Yes you can make money if you give up driving.

If you buy a new ride then your "profit" will go towards the high COE.

Net net no money in your pocket to haolian about.

Edited by Roadie

Yes you can make money if you give up driving.

If you buy a new ride then your "profit" will go towards the high COE.

Net net no money in your pocket to haolian about.

agree, can only make money if give up driving or unless you got another spare car which mean you dun need to buy another one after selling.

seem that from all the response...the salesman is tryng to "con" me !!! nevermind...i will go check with other AD...those that are hardup to sell something...and see how is their deal is like...