Men's Single Final

Windwaver

Lcw in tears, must be damn sad...

Trust me, I understand how lousy that feels when you lose by just that little bit.

↡ Advertisement

this is the last olympic for LCW

the medal is more important than $$$

now at least got 2 silver 2008 & 2012 in the living room .... not bad at all :D

Edited by Wt_know

Great game...

I watched also jumping at the sofa. Hope to see them in 4 years time for Olympic... LCW will be 34 and LD will be 33

Been watching LD and LCW play since 2008 and LD is stronger mentally. He always rises to the occasion and even when he's behind, he's able to play his game and win the points.

LCW is too passive and reactive and you cannot do that against LD.

I was hoping so much for LCW to win so my heart really goes out to LCW.

But we shouldn't take anything away from LCW also, he wasn't even sure if he can make it to Olympics due to the injuries he sustained.

For him to make it so far and lost to the probably the greatest badminton player ever (according to track record, he has won all major titles), I think he already did very well.

Been watching LD and LCW play since 2008 and LD is stronger mentally. He always rises to the occasion and even when he's behind, he's able to play his game and win the points.

LCW is too passive and reactive and you cannot do that against LD.

I was hoping so much for LCW to win so my heart really goes out to LCW.

But we shouldn't take anything away from LCW also, he wasn't even sure if he can make it to Olympics due to the injuries he sustained.

For him to make it so far and lost to the probably the greatest badminton player ever (according to track record, he has won all major titles), I think he already did very well.

LCW does not equip with a winning mentality, hence the fear is always there whenever he face Lin Dan [:(]

Sports can be very cruel at times. Like what we can see from this duel, sometimes it's the mental state and luck that matters at the last moment.

Turbocharged

Great game...

I watched also jumping at the sofa. Hope to see them in 4 years time for Olympic... LCW will be 34 and LD will be 33

Zhang Ning, former China ladies badminton champion got her final gold at age 33.

Maybe LCW can try one more time in 2016

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

Zhang Ning, former China ladies badminton champion got her final gold at age 33.

Maybe LCW can try one more time in 2016

Don't think so,, he has too many construction project to manage, meaning $$$$ to make... ,

in sport, the result is cruel ...

it does not matter how much training and pain you have endured, winning is everything.

there is only 1 champion, the 2nd is always a runner up .... [:(]

that's also the beauty of sport ... to compete and to win

LCW speaks of his destiny ..

Edited by Wt_know

Agree.Think the pressure got into him.

Anyway,both deserve to be winner.Great match played by the top 2 players.

Yea... Great match indeed!!! [:)]

Very strange but I genuinely felt sorry for LCW playing the proverbial Zhou Yu to LD's Kung Ming.

On the other hand, when I heard about Singapore's double elimination from table tennis, I took it rather well.

[dizzy]