Online scam

Ysc3

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

In the old days we always hear stories of old men cheated out of their cpf by China, Thai, indon gals. Nowadays young educated also can fall victim to love scam. 🤔 Why don't join government run sdu, sds, sdp...etc

They like mysterious lover maybe 🤔 

If i woman i be attracted to @Jamesctoo.. not many info abt him.. just used car dealer who massage part time or the other way round 🤣 got a caring MIL that he love to dispose off anytime even if it mean paying to do so 😁

but but he is very smart person lah.. very knowledgeable in many field 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I find Shopee (and Taobao) to be a better platforms as you can confirm/withhold payment after checking what's being delivered. I was surprised that Lazada didn't have this consumer protection feature and stopped using it after first time.

Wifey same as you prefered shopee and taobao while lean more toward I toward Qoo. 

Fortunately my family has yet to encountered those scam online purchase. The only time was a broken handle from one of the item purchased from taobao.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

Xiaomi or Xiao-miss? Man orders 32-inch TV, receives packet of tissue instead

In response to Shin Min's queries, Lazada said that they have investigated the matter and have refunded Shen the amount. 

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/xiaomi-or-xiao-miss-man-orders-32-inch-tv-receives-packet-tissue-instead

keep seeing new electronics sellers on lazada with no reviews, random alphanumeric seller names, using pictures from established local sellers.

• Haha! 1

now the scammers are praying LTA users, be careful . sometime you may just think it is your cash card or whatever and conveniently just go pay up without paying attention to the URL. 

LTA Scam1.jpg

LTA Scam2.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

On 11/2/2022 at 7:12 PM, inlinesix said:

C69CA65E-1F34-4B71-BD53-E3C104DA621D.jpeg

U so lucky …reFFund ……Iras oso got preambree Tree studi 1 …U  pay so much Tax …..Thank you for your contribution to Nation Building 

• Haha! 1

Greed + stupidity 

When asked why he had believed the content in the e-mail despite the issue being resolved more than a year ago, Mike said: “It did raise some suspicion that the e-mail was not real, but it said ‘payment is guaranteed’. So I was just curious to see what the compensation was.”

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Greed + stupidity 

When asked why he had believed the content in the e-mail despite the issue being resolved more than a year ago, Mike said: “It did raise some suspicion that the e-mail was not real, but it said ‘payment is guaranteed’. So I was just curious to see what the compensation was.”

It is very easy for any unsuspicious person to be scammed these days, I personally think that the bank has to improve on the 2FA authentication, the 2FA confirmation back to the handphone should not be just a button accept, it should show the user what transaction he is accepting, eg, to transfer an amount of $xxxxxx to ### , or to accept an log in, be very specific on the transaction one is accepting.

Next , on individual fronts, we must not keep too much money in a online accounts, larger sum of money should be kept in a non internet accounts, and the money should be spread over to a few banks to minimse the financial loss of such one time risk.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

$149k no need 2FA?

I think the scammer was able to fool him by deceiving him that  money willl be transferred into his account, but the 2 FA confirmation was actually  to authorise a transfer transaction of 149k without him realising that he was authorising a transfer of 149k out of his account.

A lot of those small sum transfer scams seemingly to be $2  to $5 transfer are actually much much higher than that once a victim authorise the transaction.

Supercharged

more savvy folks will know that you don't need any 2FA (or even login to your acct) for money to be credited to your acct

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Jman888 said:

$149k no need 2FA?

One interesting point, there should be a daily transfer limit and we dont usually set it to too high, how is the scammer able to transfer so much money off the account ? This is what the bank has to answer or unless the guy has, for some stupid reason set the transfer limit so high. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

One interesting point, there should be a daily transfer limit and we dont usually set it to too high, how is the scammer able to transfer so much money off the account ? This is what the bank has to answer or unless the guy has, for some stupid reason set the transfer limit so high. 

It's game over after the victim click 2FA on his banking app as he's basically handing over full control of his internet banking to the scammer. Some banks do mandate further 2FA to add new payee but others don't. It could also be multiple smaller transfers until account empty.

Many ppl still don't fully understand the purpose of 2FA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1