Elantra 2011 Engine Startup Issues

Razer_Blaze

My ride is the Elantra 2011 and I have encountered an issue when starting the engine.

When I tried to start the engine, the interior meter lights and the Car Entertainment system turned on

for a split second before going off again and the engine failed to start.

The engine will not start when I tried to start it, throughout this time the Car Entertainment system and meter lights did not turn on.

All of this is resolved when I open the car door and closed it, and everything works fine.

So far I encountered this issue 3 times in the past 2 weeks. And each time it happens, I have to

reprogram my settings again.

Any Elantra owners out there encountered this issue?

↡ Advertisement

My ride is the Elantra 2011 and I have encountered an issue when starting the engine.

When I tried to start the engine, the interior meter lights and the Car Entertainment system turned on

The engine will not start when I tried to start it, throughout this time the Car Entertainment system and meter lights did not turn on.

All of this is resolved when I open the car door and closed it, and everything works fine.

So far I encountered this issue 3 times in the past 2 weeks. And each time it happens, I have to

No offence, but you should be banging tables at Komoco if this is happening 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I seriously don't think other Elantra owners can help you with this problem.

No offence, but you should be banging tables at Komoco if this is happening 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I seriously don't think other Elantra owners can help you with this problem.

But if you have fixed some aftermarket car entertainment systems or similar stuffs, best to go back to where you last did something to your ride... [:)]

High chance it could be the immobilizer problem, see your owner manual see if there's instruction for a reset function. if not, bring it back to dealer and ask them to sort it out.

If you need answer I give you..

you need you to remove all doors...the Boot...bonnet....take out steering and then the dash...NEXT

remove the engine...AT box...then headlight....bumpers...make sure all screw got to be out...NOW you can install back in sequence...including the screws ...it should be working now..

ITs just wasting your time HEre!!! 2011? New car? Jus go back Komoco!

• Dislike 1

Yes, better go back agent and check.

Possibility of immobiliser issue. if can start other times, I dun see anything wrong with the starter motor, batteries etc

I have a similar case b4 (old car and not elantra) and the reason for that is the wire connecting the immboliser is going to break (connected by a few strands). So at times, my immobiliser cannnot be detected.

there could be other possibilities and prob you need a goood mechanic to troubleshoot by slowly eliminating the possibilities.

Edited by Hosaybo
  • Praise 1

Hosaybo, I have sent in the car to the agent and the cause was loose electrical connections.

Looks like a similar case to yours.

Yes, better go back agent and check.

Possibility of immobiliser issue. if can start other times, I dun see anything wrong with the starter motor, batteries etc

I have a similar case b4 (old car and not elantra) and the reason for that is the wire connecting the immboliser is going to break (connected by a few strands). So at times, my immobiliser cannnot be detected.

there could be other possibilities and prob you need a goood mechanic to troubleshoot by slowly eliminating the possibilities.

Hosaybo, I have sent in the car to the agent and the cause was loose electrical connections.

Looks like a similar case to yours.

Great to know your problem solved and thanks for sharing.

You can find many Elantra brothers and sisters in the forum link below.

Join us there! :-)

http://elantrasg.forumotion.org/

Supersonic

Since you mentioned opening car door and closing it to resolve, maybe it's just the door switch not closing/opening properly and the circuit prevents engine from starting.