Kumho KH31 or Michelin XM2

Nikelashi

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Will appreciate if anyone can given some inputs or reviews.

I've 2 options - either KH31 or XM2. And the price of KH31 is about 40% lesser than XM2. There seem to be many good reviews for both tyres, but given the huge price difference, I'm not sure if KH31 will lose out to XM2 in terms of noise and grip? And if it's safe to just go with KH31?

Anyone can advise?

↡ Advertisement

y not try CPC5..got good reviews and price quite cheap too.....XM2 went up price again!!!!!! Its not worth the $$$ IMO..its in the UHP price range without being UHP or in the super comfort range like YOKO Advan DB or GR90.

I assume u looking for 15 inch tyres? cause if 16 inch will go for KU31 liao..

Im using KH31 195/55/R15 made in china. In terms of handling, cant compare with my previous stock tyre. Suggest u go for xm2 or as yoko advan db as suggested.

y not try CPC5..got good reviews and price quite cheap too.....XM2 went up price again!!!!!! Its not worth the $$$ IMO..its in the UHP price range without being UHP or in the super comfort range like YOKO Advan DB or GR90.

KU31 also got 15" ones!

Neutral Newbie

In fact, I'm looking for 215/60/16. And after a quick search in Kumho's website, it seems that they do not have KU31 or KH31 in that size.

I read in other threads that the Yoko Advan DB doesn't have much grip, hence I'm not considering it.

What's the price range of CPC5 compared to GR90?

Im using KH31 195/55/R15 made in china. In terms of handling, cant compare with my previous stock tyre. Suggest u go for xm2 or as yoko advan db as suggested.

What model was your previous stock tyre that the handling is better than KH31?

In fact, I'm looking for 215/60/16. And after a quick search in Kumho's website, it seems that they do not have KU31 or KH31 in that size.

I read in other threads that the Yoko Advan DB doesn't have much grip, hence I'm not considering it.

What's the price range of CPC5 compared to GR90?

wah so funny size....and check tyrepac...very limited and very expensive. They dont have CPC5 in that size.

all the 'better' tyres in 15" are lower profile. I looked.

I use 185/55R/15. There are 195/55/15 or 195/50/15 too.

I use 185/55R/15. There are 195/55/15 or 195/50/15 too.

Considered lower profile liao...mine is 65..lowest can go is 205/60. Stupid altis.....

Neutral Newbie

KH31 for best bang for buck. using them now.

if you got extra cash. go for XM2.

but if i had the cash i would go for GR90 by bridgestone. one of the quietest tyres around if not THE quiestest and with reasonable grip.

which but good new is which ever u choose both are good tyres. so no worries

Neutral Newbie

KH31 for best bang for buck. using them now.

if you got extra cash. go for XM2.

but if i had the cash i would go for GR90 by bridgestone. one of the quietest tyres around if not THE quiestest and with reasonable grip.

which but good new is which ever u choose both are good tyres. so no worries

Any idea how's the durability of GR90 compared to XM2?

Kumho KU31 is enough....unless you drive bugatti veyron which exceed 400Kph....

Been on it for a year now, drove up to Cameron highlands and Genting during wet weather also no problem....