Complain over building BTO beside their DBSS

Yaloryalor

Saw today new paper on the residents complaining about HDB building BTO beside their Ang Mo Kio DBSS flats.

One say there is a school around how to ensure safety of the children during construction?

One say the dust and noise will affect their environment.

One say the area there is very crowded after the BTO, how to make sure enough amenities for the resident there.

One say should at least wait for 5 years later (MOP) so the DBSS resident can have a choice to move out.

I think they just wanna say, the BTO will affect their DBSS price lar. Just be frank lar!

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

buy DBSS jin song ah

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1218783/1/.html

SINGAPORE: The Government's aggressive ramping up of the supply of Build-to-Order (BTO) flats has got at least one group of residents unhappy.

At Ang Mo Kio St 52, some residents of a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project are upset over plans to build a BTO project less than 50 metres from their development.

The new 710-unit BTO project is expected to be launched next month and the concerns of some of the residents at Park Central - who obtained the keys to their homes less than a year ago - include the dust and noise that would be generated, and whether there are sufficient amenities, including car park lots, to cater to another cluster of flats.

The upset residents have voiced their unhappiness on the Facebook page of their Member of Parliament, Mr Ang Hin Kee.

A user, "James Lim", questioned the location of the new BTO project: "The land is fully surrounded by residents and a primary school. How would HDB ensure the cleanliness and safety of the children and residents in the area during construction levelling and piling?"

Describing Ang Mo Kio as "already overcrowded", another user, "Siew Ern", said: "Is there adequate amenities for everyone? Can the transport system cope with the existing community?"

A Park Central resident, Mr Alex Wong, 37, said the residents will be setting up a committee to "try to stop" the building of the BTO project.

The equity dealer pointed out that by building the BTO now, Park Central residents have little choice but to put up with it.

Said Mr Wong: "If they (build) it after five years, after the Minimum Occupation Period (MOP), then residents would have a choice to move."

However, another resident, Mr Aruumugam, 43, felt that the situation required some give-and-take. "We will have to live with it as it satisfies a need and the Government is doing it for the people," the operations manager added.

Mr Ang said he is working with the HDB to look into their concerns and come up with alternatives. He assured that he will "make sure that the issues raised are addressed adequately and attended to".

He added: "I empathise with the residents as they have just moved into the estate not long ago and, after all the moving in, renovation and settling (of) teething problems... there's construction again."

However, property analysts were less sympathetic.

Given the scarcity of land here, the residents should be prepared for the vacant land to be utilised for housing.

SLP International head of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak said: "HDB has a rather packed building programme, so they have to find vacant land somewhere... if there is vacant land near the DBSS project, there is a possibility that the Government could develop HDB flats on (it)."

ERA Key Executive Officer Eugene Lim said: "What is there to complain or be unhappy about?"

He added: "I don't think the lessor will go ask the lessee for permission to build more flats in the vicinity."

- TODAY

Edited by Mockngbrd

Wondering did anyone has any relatives that bought DBSS... I have had 3 relatives who bought DBSS at various locations...I went to their place and were in shock:

1. A 4-rm flat is tiny and smaller than a modified old 3rm HDB flat....I wonder why..

2. Weird layout for a 4 rm unit, where toilet bowl smack right behind the door, hence you have to close the door to access the toilet bowl...

3. Master bedroom toilet really "open" concept, hence before u do anything, u need to wind down the blind or get the window frosted...

4. 5-rm looks like a old 4rm size

5. Extremely poor workmanship for the additional premium u paid for

6. A big lobang for plants at the balcony which many of them jus lay wood planks over it...

7. Even ground level is taken up

8. At least 1 lift always under servicing conditions regardless of the location

9. When I walked in, it feels like a condominium but I wonder where is the security guard [laugh]

I have nothing against DBSS but i find that for the money u pay, it is jus not value for money. Hence, i can understand why DBSS owner will KPKB over BTO slapped right in front of their nose. Given a choice, they would prefer a BTO over DBSS but decision made and nothing they could do about.... They should jus put a halt to all DBSS projects.

there's something very wrong with the planning what.

y must construct 4 blocks,

sell at $2X

creating noise and dust to the existing owners.

then 2-3 yrs later

construct 4 more blocks

sell at $X

creating noise and dust to the (existing owners + the $2X-owners)

cannot one time construct 8 meh?

i think i see a few high-level planning flaws

1) timing

2) pricing

3) expectation management

Wondering did anyone has any relatives that bought DBSS... I have had 3 relatives who bought DBSS at various locations...I went to their place and were in shock:

1. A 4-rm flat is tiny and smaller than a modified old 3rm HDB flat....I wonder why..

2. Weird layout for a 4 rm unit, where toilet bowl smack right behind the door, hence you have to close the door to access the toilet bowl...

3. Master bedroom toilet really "open" concept, hence before u do anything, u need to wind down the blind or get the window frosted...

6. A big lobang for plants at the balcony which many of them jus lay wood planks over it...

9. When I walked in, it feels like a condominium but I wonder where is the security guard [laugh]

I have nothing against DBSS but i find that for the money u pay, it is jus not value for money. Hence, i can understand why DBSS owner will KPKB over BTO slapped right in front of their nose. Given a choice, they would prefer a BTO over DBSS but decision made and nothing they could do about.... They should jus put a halt to all DBSS projects.

i been to the one at AMK.

i will say the best of the lots.

5 room bigger than our current EA (If they still building)

it really depend on the developer. the only thing constant is the flower pot bay.

because in 2008-2009-2010 (ok... later purchasers, IMO, playing big-small on the gambling table, already know DBSS is a failing project, still die die wanna "invest")

DBSS = matured estate (the premium is BS)

AMK, TPY, who can deny

now?

no more non-mature vs mature.

wack out 25,000 is my target.

if MND change policy every 5 yrs,

i can say they will be very unpopular.

Edited by Sk65

it really depend on the developer. the only thing constant is the flower pot bay.

hao lian .....

but,

5room DBS where got 120+ sqm?

yours bigger la

Edited by Sk65

Turbocharged

I thought after the hoo haa of the 800k DBSS at Tampines, MND has decided to put all upcoming DBSS launch on hold while ramping up the BTO supply..

I'd say it's about time.. DBSS is just BS..

there's something very wrong with the planning what.

y must construct 4 blocks,

sell at $2X

creating noise and dust to the existing owners.

then 2-3 yrs later

construct 4 more blocks

sell at $X

creating noise and dust to the (existing owners + the $2X-owners)

cannot one time construct 8 meh?

i think i see a few high-level planning flaws

1) timing

2) pricing

3) expectation management

This is called good planning.

If you were selling a product,

would you want to sell first to "the early adopters" and charge them 2X

The after collecting as much 2X as possible then sell

to the 1X customers?

Or you just want to sell at 1X to everyone?

:D

This is called good planning.

If you were selling a product,

would you want to sell first to "the early adopters" and charge them 2X

The after collecting as much 2X as possible then sell

to the 1X customers?

Or you just want to sell at 1X to everyone?

:D

I agree,

if MND is a profit making business.

(ok, seemed so true now but...... )

customer satisfaction should be the 1st priority....

not revenue...

I dunno leh..I used to stay in a pt block 5 room...that was so much bigger than a 5 rm DBSS at Bishan...Bishan one is machiam like a 4 room...AMK I only been to a 4 rm...it is pathetic... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement