Pay raise is really pay cut. Drivers appeal to Labour Chief

Ahtong

Summary: Last time they had lower pay and worked less days. Now they have higher pay but work more days. On a per day basis, their income has actually dropped.

Link

Dear Sir,

APPEAL IN RESPECT OF REVISION OF SALARIES AND AVERAGE HOURLY SALARY FOR BUS DRIVERS

1. We, employees of SMRT Corporation (hereinafter referred to as

↡ Advertisement

They should rework the wages in terms of hourly rate for comparision.

I would think the hours worked per month will be the same whether it was the old 5days or new 6days week.

If say 44 hours working week is maintained, then they will have a weaker argument.

Their only valid argument for the new 6days work week will likely cause them to waste extra hours and transport costs traveling to/form workplace. If this extra cost is included, some may really be worst off.

Pity them. It's like LPPL. The figures in the news look very impressive but in fact they have to work more hours.

Talk about taken for a ride.

That "badman" will tok c0ck sing song and say,"look at your cpf, look at your cpf". [:p]

Edited by Watwheels

Pity them. It's like LPPL. The figures in the news look very impressive but in fact they have to work more hours.

Talk about taken for a ride.

That "badman" will tok c0ck sing song and say,"look at your cpf, look at your cpf". [:p]

Not jorro meh?

As much I pity them, I think this exploitation of low to middle income wagers is prevalent in all industries.

Bosses in general has got windfall and much richer due to increase in population last 5 years but do not share with employees and seek to use lower wage FT to replace true Singaporeans

and increase their profit margins.. Greed.

As much I pity them, I think this exploitation of low to middle income wagers is prevalent in all industries.

Bosses in general has got windfall and much richer due to increase in population last 5 years but do not share with employees and seek to use lower wage FT to replace true Singaporeans

and increase their profit margins.. Greed.

that's how rich got richer and poor remains poor.

i hope all these would change for the better once everyone receives formal education to certain level, where they would be able to be "awakened" to such realities.

no doubt those entrepreneurs / biz owners deserve their takes, but it is also of those who put in their effort to support / sustain / spur growth of their biz.

personally, the society seemed to be tellin me "we rich take the big cakes, whatever we think we can give the remaining ones, we will give it to you when you satisfy me or when i feel like it or when i feel i have enough".

don't be mistaken, i am not inclined to communism, but rather, a fairer treatment to employees who contributes to the organization. example would be a pay raise to peg to current inflation and a reasonable bonus peg to public sector, with other "common practice" of leave entitlement and medical benefits.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Hypersonic

no doubt those entrepreneurs / biz owners deserve their takes, but it is also of those who put in their effort to support / sustain / spur growth of their biz.

the rich will tell you that they worked hard but you didn't

thats why they are rich and you are not

:D

↡ Advertisement