Skyline R34 Gtt

Hotshot85

Looks suspiciously like an RB26 engine - 4 door Skylines never had the RB26DETT excepting perhaps low volume factory specials.

the autech factory special is only for the four door R33. there is no legal special for R34. its either BNR34 or ER34.

Would certainly consider if I'm living back in Singapore.

4 doors might be a turn off for some, but for me I like the convenience and ability to fetch passengers when needed.

In HK, 4 door non-GTR R33 and R34 skylines actually fetch higher prices on the second hand market then two-door versions.

The engine is probably a RB25DET (2.5l single turbo), not the RB26DETT found in the GTR.

Although not comparable to a GTR, it's still quite a fun car to drive in its own right. Just be sure to have some training and experience in driving performance cars, because it can surprise you, especially in wet weather. 600bhp (in this advertisement) on a rear wheel drive car is no joke - personally I'd prefer something closer to the stock power levels which are still more than sufficient for daily use in Singapore.

Parts aren't really a problem for this car maybe you can't get them directly from Singapore, but there are lots of aftermarket parts still made and sold, which can be ordered from elsewhere.

Edited by Bicolor

This is an RB25DET

rb25intakecast_6.jpg

and this is an RB26DETT

RB26DETT_R34.jpg

and this is the one that's in the R34 sedan:

283447_4b.jpg

Even without the coil pack covers, there's enough other visual cues to suggest that it isn't a RB25 [lipsrsealed]

Hmm interesting! Didn't take a good look at the engine pictures.

But always thought Singapore laws are very strict on engine swaps which increase the capacity? Can the car possibly pass inspections with an upgraded engine?

Its NOT a GTR. IMO money better spend else way.

guess u havent drove a rearwheel GTT on the tracks...its a different experience from a BNR34 on the track. a BNR34 on the track is like driving a more powerful evo, an ER34 is like taking a porsche thru the corners and power on tap for the straights.

But always thought Singapore laws are very strict on engine swaps which increase the capacity? Can the car possibly pass inspections with an upgraded engine?

Haha i think there is a good reason why it just reads RB not RB26....

I think Singapore is not as strict as people think, but I highly doubt the car will pass the inpection. The turbo is so big!

GTT/ER34? Quite a lot of parts made for the RB26 series could fit in the RB25DET(late model) and it's a manual, not the slow tiptronic! However, the Skylines are pretty common in OZ/NZ...

How I wish it was a Stagea 260RS... [:(]

I think Singapore is not as strict as people think, but I highly doubt the car will pass the inpection. The turbo is so big!

those are the least of the worrries.

if the exhaust for this car got no cert. =gg

This is an RB25DET

and this is an RB26DETT

and this is the one that's in the R34 sedan:

Even without the coil pack covers, there's enough other visual cues to suggest that it isn't a RB25 [lipsrsealed]

Bro, am on holiday so surfing on my phone and the pics are a little small. Do u mean to hint

that perhaps the rb25det has been swapped for a rb26? Hehe

↡ Advertisement