Metal grinding sound on civic

Keithchue

bros,

i'm driving a FD4, when ever the revs are between 1.6 to 2K i will have a metal grinding sound coming from the car. anything above or below that, no problem. sound is audible in the cabin. so i guess it is quite loud. any one encounter this?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi, most prob its your wheel bearing....kena mine (06 wrx )...took me 6mths to find out wheel bearing was the cause...hope this help.

I experience this too but its on a Jazz 1.5 mannual..it happens to me only when it rains..its been 6 months but all workshop and even Kah Motor said that there is no problem. I even recorded the sound bit was told maybe its due to the aerodynamics..

Edited by Moadia

bros,

i'm driving a FD4, when ever the revs are between 1.6 to 2K i will have a metal grinding sound coming from the car. anything above or below that, no problem. sound is audible in the cabin. so i guess it is quite loud. any one encounter this?

sounds serious. why don't you bring back to KM and run some proper diagnostics instead of second guessing which could be very expensive.

bros,

Is the sound there if rev at neutral gear? If yes shouldn't be gearbox issue. If no then could be gearbox or clutch plate.

I used to have this rattling and grinding sound whenever I off-throttle while cruising. That happened right after I changed my clutch. After asking around, I was told "it's liddat one".

Btw I'm not driving a Civic so just a general comment.

Edited by Elmo

try turning if sound then wheel bearing , else brake sound brake pads have to changed.

do u encounter more loud grinding sound when driving thru speed bumps?

Neutral Newbie

Could it be pinging sound? Does it occur at lower revs and esp under load e.g up slope... If its pinging did u use lower octane fuel? Better check it out...

i have change the tensioner and belt. it is only apparent on revs 1.6-2k,

rev harder no problem. but sedate drive. sounding griding

↡ Advertisement