Buying eggs at supermarket

Babyt

I am amazed there are so many variety of eggs in supermarket. Some claim the eggs to contain Omega 3, some no Cholestrol. Price can be as cheap as $1+ to $2+.

Any egg expert can tell me is there really any difference in taste? Normally I brought the cheapest budget brand eggs. To me, eggs are eggs. I wouldnt buy expensive eggs for its omega3 since i am already taking fish oil. to me, its gimmick.

↡ Advertisement

Saw some local eggs even add cordyceps into chicken feed so they claim the eggs are infused with the herb and selling at a premium... [shakehead]

Usually get my eggs from JB Tesco. Cheap and good. [thumbsup]

Supercharged

I am amazed there are so many variety of eggs in supermarket. Some claim the eggs to contain Omega 3, some no Cholestrol. Price can be as cheap as $1+ to $2+.

Any egg expert can tell me is there really any difference in taste? Normally I brought the cheapest budget brand eggs. To me, eggs are eggs. I wouldnt buy expensive eggs for its omega3 since i am already taking fish oil. to me, its gimmick.

The price diff is also due to the size of the eggs. Check the weight on the packaging. It can range from 400gm to 600gm per 10 eggs in a package

Bigger the egg, the more ex it is. Forget abt what omega or whatever. Buy the eggs according to the size of eggs

I won't bother buying from supermarket 'cos it's further and more ex......just cross the road to the market will have a cheaper option and bigger eggs too!!! [laugh]

The price difference is usually based on the size of the eggs.

I do not know much about Singapore market here. Over in JB, I usually go with alphabet. A eggs is the largest and more expensive. There are even E grade. Kampong eggs, which usually produced orange-yellowish egg yolk also command a higher price.

For the omega, some claimed that it is the kind of grains that the chicken are begin fed. There are also organic eggs...haha..

Regards,

Omega3 in eggs obviously is a modified chicken with fish genes.

Non cholesterol? Not sure it is possible, the egg yolk is full of cholesterol anyway.

most of the eggs protein is in the white..while all of the other vitamins and nutrients and fats and cholesterol is in the yolk

My fren used to buy eggs from meidiya(spelling) in liang court there...jap eggs I thk....damn ex...dunno whats the diff in taste though...

we buy ours from the egg distributor near our estate...

Edited by Asd78

Saw some local eggs even add cordyceps into chicken feed so they claim the eggs are infused with the herb and selling at a premium... [shakehead]

Usually get my eggs from JB Tesco. Cheap and good. [thumbsup]

AVA allows us to bring in eggs from Malaysia? If yes, it'll be good! .

Remember got 1 advertisement where the boy will hold the yolk and it doesnt "break...

Bought it once and indeed it doesnt break easily..

Good if you want ur omelette with full yolk.. BUt taste wise I dunno [laugh]

↡ Advertisement